Login

russian armor

Looks Like I Owe Sander An Apology

21 Apr 2020, 10:48 AM

I can barely believe it.

Somehow, somehow, they managed to balance the CP5 call-in Puma.

They've got it to the point where it's tournament level good, but with enough weaknesses to not take over the meta.

I didn't think it could be done.

Great work, balance team, and that's not sarcastic in the slightest.
21 Apr 2020, 10:50 AM

Still would like to see some love for the CP4 though.
21 Apr 2020, 10:52 AM

Given the shitstorm before the tournament, you're not the only one who owes apology to balance team as a whole.
21 Apr 2020, 10:56 AM

I'd like to see it go back to 20% DR but not affect teammates.

I don't know if that's actually doable.
21 Apr 2020, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 10:48 AMLago
They've got it to the point where it's tournament level good, but with enough weaknesses to not take over the meta.

You do realize we barely saw any Pumas in the tournament, right? You do realize the only person who used the Puma agreed, when I made a thread asking why it's 5CP, that it should be 4CP?

Preach
21 Apr 2020, 10:59 AM

You do realize we barely saw any Pumas in the tournament, right? You do realize the only person who used the Puma agreed, when I made a thread asking why it's 5CP, that it should be 4CP?

Nah, I think the Balance Team found a good spot for it.

The game is very sensitive to small tweaks to timing windows. You might get away with CP4 given the build time, but I'd be hesistant to fix something that ain't broke here.
21 Apr 2020, 11:00 AM

Command Panzer IV? Never heard of this mythical animal. Exists somewhere in the realm of FU dump to terrible.

Seriously though, yes this thing could use with a rework at some point. Being the successor of the Pz IV IST you'd think it'd have good AI....
21 Apr 2020, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 10:59 AMLago
Nah, I think the Balance Team found a good spot for it.

That's....fine but like, that doesn't hold much water.
21 Apr 2020, 11:11 AM

That's....fine but like, that doesn't hold much water.

It turns up but it doesn't always turn up.

That's a good spot for a commander in my book.
21 Apr 2020, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 11:11 AMLago

It turns up but it doesn't always turn up.

That's a good spot for a commander in my book.

So if most high level people agree it's UP but it's used once or twice in a tournament it's balanced?

Hell even the balance team agrees it's UP but don't know how to fix it so they leave it as it is lol.
21 Apr 2020, 11:15 AM

The current doctrinal vehicles system is mess. One could try to make many of these unit buildable and add a "tech" (with or without cost according to case) to fine tune any time issues.
21 Apr 2020, 12:45 PM

I expected this to be a Stormjäger thread.

I also think the Ostheer Puma changes are good.

So if most high level people agree it's UP but it's used once or twice in a tournament it's balanced?

Hell even the balance team agrees it's UP but don't know how to fix it so they leave it as it is lol.

Since when are you the ambassador of what "high-level people" and the balance team collectively think?
21 Apr 2020, 12:59 PM

Since when are you the ambassador of what "high-level people" and the balance team collectively think?

Since he read that single thing that this single top player wrote that matched his agenda.
21 Apr 2020, 13:02 PM

I never claimed to be, but Luvnest agreed with me, most Ostheer play in the tournament ignored Mobile Defense and most streamers of hig level 1v1s on twitch agreed that 5CP Puma is too late. I dunno, maybe I’m wrong and it’s fine at 5CP, didn’t try to invalidate his opinion, just presented mine and gave a couple arguments.

I expected this to be a Stormjäger thread.

They already validated my argument by coming on AE’s twitch and gloating about UKF not ruining the tournament.
21 Apr 2020, 14:06 PM

Mobile defense is more or less situtional, while it is good midgame it doesnt really have a solid window, either you get it too late where its window to truly stop something like a t70 is short, or if you completetly stomp your opponent so that it arrives just at the same time as the t70,

i wouldnt mind a timing at around cp4 to see if its too powerful or not.
21 Apr 2020, 15:00 PM

A balance team made up of top modders, unit stat nerds, top players all with years of experience are good at balancing?

You don't say (yes there is sarcasm used here :P). Some people need to get off their backs, patching a game is not as simple as putting arbitrary numbers up and down. It's a lot of work and constant testing.

They produced probably the most balanced patch in CoH2 history with the release of all five factions. Which is not exactly an easy feat with how relic have been balancing the game like a drunk elephant in a china shop for years before they were allowed to take helm at the wheel.

21 Apr 2020, 16:21 PM

They already validated my argument by coming on AE’s twitch and gloating about UKF not ruining the tournament.

So instead of apologizing for being wrong and calling for the balance teams resignation, you are instead saying you were right because they pointed out you were wrong.

K..
21 Apr 2020, 16:23 PM

So instead of apologizing for being wrong and calling for the balance teams resignation, you are instead saying you were right because they pointed out you were wrong.

K..

:clap:
21 Apr 2020, 16:38 PM

I wasn’t proven wrong. I said Brits OP, this was not shot down at all.

I didn’t call for anyone’s resignation, I asked if there would be consequences if the tournament is ruined.

Learning english is fun, I recommend it.

I’m also done debunking the same stupidity every day.
21 Apr 2020, 16:53 PM

I wasn’t proven wrong. I said Brits OP, this was not shot down at all.

:lol: How many games did they win out of interest?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 33
Peru 8
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %