Login

russian armor

Mappatch 2020 - Info

20 Sep 2020, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2020, 16:10 PMYago
Half a year has almost passed .. Where are the new maps? Is it so difficult to remove old ones and add new ones from the gaming community? And why are there no plans for 3x3 and 4x4? Many people play these modes. You can just return some old maps (for example, hill 600 or 800 I've forgotten) or also add from the community

Sturmpanther already wrote that the new maps will come together with the 64 bit patch. Be happy that we still get new 1v1 and 2v2 maps instead of being angry that not all modes getting new ones;)
30 Oct 2020, 12:21 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hello guys, i thought you guys want an update.

The mappatch is already finished and ready to go since 1 month. But Relic want to make only 1 patch, including the 64 bit patch.

Sadly they still have problems with the 64 bit version, alot of bugs. So the mappatch gets delayed :(

30 Oct 2020, 12:35 PM

The mappatch is already finished and ready to go since 1 month. But Relic want to make only 1 patch, including the 64 bit patch.

Sadly they still have problems with the 64 bit version, alot of bugs. So the mappatch gets delayed :(

thanks for the update
30 Oct 2020, 12:55 PM

Thank you Sturmpanther for this update, it is very appreciated and so is your input into CoH2 with maps and balance proposals. I'm certain that everyone is excited for the 64bit update and new maps and we'll all be waiting eagerly for when they're ready!
Pip
30 Oct 2020, 13:10 PM

I wouldnt worry, SturmPanther, I'm sure people are happy to wait. The current map pool, while not perfect, isnt so terrible that it cripples the game. I sort of wish Lelic would just dispense with the "one patch" idea and allow you to push map updates whenever you liked, though.

I do wonder if the 64 bit update is merely a "Last Hurrah" or if it will predate something else interesting for COH2 (or beyond)
30 Oct 2020, 16:43 PM

Appreciate the update, thanks!
30 Oct 2020, 21:32 PM

An end to Poltawa is always appreciated.
30 Oct 2020, 22:47 PM

For Ost G43,maybe could still 45 for 2x,but allow upgread again after P3 upgrade?Of course 2 G43 use 1 slot
Same change for Soviet Cons ppsh too,and allow penal replace SVT by shock PPSH and have RA bonus
Again,I hope Soviet 7men cons reinforcement cost reduce buff and EXP buff like Ost T4 passive buff,after build T4 Cons and engineer and weapon squad reinforcement cost -2,maybe for penal too?
30 Oct 2020, 23:12 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

For Ost G43,maybe could still 45 for 2x,but allow upgread again after P3 upgrade?Of course 2 G43 use 1 slot
Same change for Soviet Cons ppsh too,and allow penal replace SVT by shock PPSH and have RA bonus
Again,I hope Soviet 7men cons reinforcement cost reduce buff and EXP buff like Ost T4 passive buff,after build T4 Cons and engineer and weapon squad reinforcement cost -2,maybe for penal too?

we are not here to talk about unit patch :)
30 Oct 2020, 23:30 PM

Can we be told what maps are going to be added and which ones removed? :)
31 Oct 2020, 00:33 AM

Oh shit,browser bug
31 Oct 2020, 00:50 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2020, 23:30 PMFarlion

Can we be told what maps are going to be added and which ones removed? :)

Na I let the pleasant anticipation alive :)
9 Nov 2020, 18:04 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

UPDATE - NOVEMBER 9th 2020 - We (Relic) are now targeting late November for the release of this update. A further technical issue (64bit) was discovered late last week which will need to be addressed. Apologies for the further delay, we appreciate your patience.
16 Dec 2020, 01:10 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I sadly bring bad news guys.
Still problems on 64 bit patch...
Big F for the mappatch. So no chance to get it this year anymore...:*(

Don't hate/ kill the delivery boy pls :blush:
16 Dec 2020, 01:44 AM

just say it will be out in 2021 at some point :luvDerp: instead of delaying it every month :foreveralone:
16 Dec 2020, 01:52 AM

At this point it does not even matter. No one will be excited for the new maps and 64-bit is not that big of a deal.

We need to fall back to the old ID SOFTWARE line from John Carmack (smartest person in the universe), "It is done, when it is done." Carmack never let us down and we were ok with waiting.

My biggest fear is the ever evolving snowball effect of shit that may follow.

New maps were being tested for the UI bug. Now if it goes away, we will not know why it went away? Was it the reworking we did or the 64-bit patch? So now the next round of map updates may be bugged since we wont know what is happening.

The 64-bit patch may add new issues to maps. So are the new issues from the patch, the reworking, or some evolving bug as each patch changes the behavior of the SCAR code?

And by the time the 64-bit hits, we will be adding the balance patch into the mix.

And with the severe lag being added between updates, Relic is setting themselves up for a huge fall.

I hope they dont. They have people there much smarter than dumb ole me. So here is hoping they got this.

Since it is taking so long, there should be some new maps added as well, so at least we have some fresh meat to chew on? Only seems fair to me. Olvadi has been working some new 2v2 stuff. We could use another 2v2 map I would think?
16 Dec 2020, 08:57 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2020, 01:52 AMRosbone

Since it is taking so long, there should be some new maps added as well, so at least we have some fresh meat to chew on? Only seems fair to me. Olvadi has been working some new 2v2 stuff. We could use another 2v2 map I would think?

That is sadly not possible.
16 Dec 2020, 08:58 AM

I sadly bring bad news guys.

Don't hate/ kill the delivery boy pls :blush:

I mean no offense to anyone working on this but you just can't expect a skeleton crew to do it all and not to mention do it in a timely manner as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS