Login

russian armor

How to counter Brit blob as OKW in new patch

16 Apr 2020, 22:10 PM

Hey guys, a lot of people ask: How to counter brit blob?

Its easy. Build flak emplacement.

Flak emplacement has 2 target size for some reason. At 2 target size means its very safe vs an anti-tank gun. At full HP won't die to gammon bomb (takes about 70% hp off). Last patch seems to have hidden buffed the flak gun (maybe devs expected brit blob spam), it doesn't decrew anymore. The HP bar doesn't go down to reflect the damage its taken either which is nice. I think the flak emplacement is an exact copy of the base flak emplacement which is 👌 very nice.

Blob spamming brit won't have indirect aside from a 130 muni call in or static mortars. If they build static mortars, you win anyway since you can build another flak emplacement outside of their range.

You may ask: "Nipz, isn't this the same as bunker spamming?"

Yes and no. Flak cannon has 2 target size which makes it much better than a bunker. You don't have to upgrade it for it to be good. It just costs more.

Anyway, try it out and let me know what happens. I'm interested to hear your success stories.
16 Apr 2020, 22:18 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

16 Apr 2020, 22:19 PM

nondoc smoke barrage and vet1 section sight says otherwise.

AT guns also work fine against them.
16 Apr 2020, 22:51 PM

The goal is not to slay blobs, its to hold them back.

Show me a game where you try it and see how well pyrotechnics works against it.

Brit AT gun can't hit the flak emplacement because of target size. Its the same as hitting infantry because of target size 2.
16 Apr 2020, 23:03 PM

The goal is not to slay blobs, its to hold them back.

Show me a game where you try it and see how well pyrotechnics works against it.

Brit AT gun can't hit the flak emplacement because of target size. Its the same as hitting infantry because of target size 2.

Pyrotechnics kills bunkers pretty easily if you have sight, even with only one howitzer (so no company command post). That means that it does at least 640 damage, more than enough to kill an okw flak emplacement.

No it hits them fine.
18 Apr 2020, 00:35 AM

A supported AA Flak Truck works fairly well.
18 Apr 2020, 06:21 AM

Pyrotechnics kills bunkers pretty easily if you have sight, even with only one howitzer (so no company command post). That means that it does at least 640 damage, more than enough to kill an okw flak emplacement.

No it hits them fine.

Do pyros hit better with line of sight?
21 Apr 2020, 19:58 PM

The UKF Base Arti has 4 super accurate shells that will land dead center. It comes from the first fire base. This REQUIRES vision or scatter goes up 1000x. Due to the TINY hit box of 2cm Flak, it might take 2 barrages.
22 Apr 2020, 07:42 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm not sure about you, but I can reliably destroy flak emplacements with ATGs at max range, whether it be the British 6-prd or any other.

I've used 2cm Flak Emplacements when I play Fortifications, to secure VPs in the very late game. They are only better than Bunkers in the regard that they cannot be flanked--a tank that happens to pass by or an ATG will destroy it within 10 seconds.

After looking at the files in attribute editor, it seems to me that the entity you are talking about with a target size of 2 seems to be the 2cm Flak gun itself. I remember miragefla reducing the target size and reducing targeting priority so that the rounds connected with the emplacement itself (or the crew) and not the gun.

22 May 2020, 04:05 AM

I agree with applejack, you cant face head on brit blobs. what i do is hold them as much as possible on early engagements with Flak truck supported by volks and Raketen (brits tend to counter this with AEC so a raketen will hold AEC and save your truck as much as possible) then a P4 since they're good with anti infantry using Elite Armor Doctrine. 2 P4s will do counter most brit tanks since EA Doctrine has HEAT ability. not to mention an emplacement wrecker since they can call in artillery. you dont have to worry for munitions since sdkfz truck can boost income ability.
22 May 2020, 19:41 PM

Do pyros hit better with line of sight?

Very late response but yeah they do. The first few shots hit pretty much spot on with vision.

Good thing pyrotechnics and IS vet1 gives hilarious amounts of sight.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS