Login

russian armor

Congratulations balance team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
14 Apr 2020, 15:37 PM

I am simply asking if they will walk away if a big tournament ends up being ruined because of their decisions. Nothing more nothing less.

So conversely, if you are wrong you will walk away from every message board for CoH indefinitely?
14 Apr 2020, 15:40 PM

So conversely, if you are wrong you will walk away from every message board for CoH indefinitely?

Of course not, that's completely retarded, I'm only a random guy on a forums giving people a platform to voice their grievances and asking the simple question if they will take responsibility for an issue they might cause. The people who would be truly harmed by this are the donators to the cohrona cup and AE himself. These are the people who have to be appeased, not me.

Again, all I did was ask a question. If it offends them then so be it.
14 Apr 2020, 15:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Boycott axis so Brit players can't find a game. Let automatch crap out with 100% allies
14 Apr 2020, 16:01 PM

Boycott axis so Brit players can't find a game. Let automatch crap out with 100% allies

No thanks, I’d rather have people use reason than mob tactics.
14 Apr 2020, 16:10 PM

Of course not, that's completely retarded, I'm only a random guy on a forums giving people a platform to voice their grievances and asking the simple question if they will take responsibility for an issue they might cause. The people who would be truly harmed by this are the donators to the cohrona cup and AE himself. These are the people who have to be appeased, not me.

Again, all I did was ask a question. If it offends them then so be it.

Yes, but in your own words, your request is "completely retarded". It's also insulting. Here's a thread from back when Relic did all of the balancing internally:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/36266/balance-data-since-the-patch

The opinions from one side back then were that win rates didn't matter (with multiple theories as to why), and that we really just needed to wait a couple months to see how the meta would settle. There was a 30% win rate gap between Axis and Allies in some game modes at that point.

Now, we don't need data, we have to roll back the patch immediately based on a couple people's opinion and one flawed video.

It was also interesting to hear how the AEC is so OP, especially when nothing on it was changed in this patch. Plus, somehow a 0.05 RA and 0.15 MA buff has transformed UKF from a dumpster fire to OP. Were I a betting person, I'd bet that the only difference this will make is that Helping Hans will go a little further in this tournament, maybe one more round, but the winners will be the same players playing the same factions they played before the patch.

In reality, Relic and the Balance team will likely watch the results of actual competitive games and issue a mini balance patch, like they've done in the past, if something is causing a problem.
14 Apr 2020, 16:34 PM

idk iwatched the first vid

the blobb overan on the first page is not rly suprising... normaly USF does this but hey when brits do its overpowered.

And the fact that he had 180 fuel in the bank and not getting an Ostwind while the enemy shows ONLY INF sect. is a clear macro mistake and why the 2. pio ? for what he didnt has a single vehicle and not trench/bunker/deff Commander.

he failed to micro the Mg's properly and ran 4 times in the fight without healing up.
He controles the Fuel the whole time and managed to send the blobb away like 4 times. One single minefild near the cutoff would win him the game...or a bunker with MG

Ostwind > 2. PAK> Pwerfer and he had won:megusta:

in 2vs2 as Axis: as long as u hold a fuelpoint u can still win the game.

in conclusion they might be OP but in this case its simply an "L2P" issue
14 Apr 2020, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 16:10 PMGrumpy
Yes, but in your own words, your request is "completely retarded".

No it’s not, it’s the bare minimum anyone with dignity would do. If you and anyone else has an issue with me raising that point, let me be extremely clear: I don’t give a shit.

It’s not about “my request”. It’s not even a request. I’m just bringing to people’s attention that there is a responsibility that has to be accepted and if a big tournament is ruined then someone needs to take responsibility from it.
14 Apr 2020, 16:59 PM

Can you please tell me what would happen if this was

7 Conscripts

vs

2 MG42
3 Gren

well then its like trowing unarmed men in to a hungry lions pit.
14 Apr 2020, 16:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

No it’s not, it’s the bare minimum anyone with dignity would do. If you and anyone else has an issue with me raising that point, let me be extremely clear: I don’t give a shit.

It’s not about “my request”. It’s not even a request. I’m just bringing to people’s attention that there is a responsibility that has to be accepted and if a big tournament is ruined then someone needs to take responsibility from it.

But what you are doing is the definition of been a drama queen.

If you think this is "ruining" a on the spot made tournament to appease the whole world quarantine, you need to stop with the drama a bit.
If this was a thousand dollar tournament which was in the makes for months ala last tournament or OCF sure it would be annoying. An official tournament? Sure as well. ESL? Embarrassing.

Guess what? We had to ban people from using Vickers because they were bugged heavily during ESL. Penals with flamers went rampant. Tiger Ace (and i think Soviet Industry) was perma ban on any tournament and Relic refused to nerf them for too long. Same with USF Rifle commander (Devm meta).

AE specifically delayed the tournament in order to play with the new patch. We didn't get a patch mid tournament/league which shake the game at it's core.

While I normally support the "wait for tournament" approach, this strategy seems to get much, much worse when there are multiple players. A single UKF player doing this is rough, but possible to counter. Two UKF players (so 10+ IS) is insane.

We had a tournament on 2v2 and what people chose to do was not double UKF but UKF + SU. Outside some games out of Asha, most people wen with the usual 3 IS + Car/MG + RE/Sniper.

Again, maybe they didn't discover the "new meta" yet, but again, it's not like we have to wait a whole month for the next tournament.
14 Apr 2020, 17:06 PM

No matter what you might think about the balance. The way this thread went is just sad. It's disrespectful to the voluntary work of the balance team and almost none of the claims that were made are backed up with any solid arguments. Instead a Twitch clip of a guy blobbing is brought up as proof a faction is OP. As I pointed out before, blobbing is an issue for many factions. USF and OKW blob non-stop since release.

Critical thinking seems to be completely missing and certain people just fall into this group think hysteria. No one knows how the balance really at this point in time.

There were some valid points made by Orangepest and Fire for example but overall people really need to relax and give it some time.

If UKF stomps everyone next weekend in AE's tournament I am sure the balance team will nerf them soon.
14 Apr 2020, 17:10 PM

Ostheer and Brits underperformed.

"We don't feel like buffing Ostheer because it could become a problem in team games. We prefer slight adjustments to cap speed."

Proceeds to straight up buff Brits.

14 Apr 2020, 17:13 PM

usfusfusfusfamisamisLet's just wait for cohrona cup :) We'll see what players will choose. But something inside me seems to be saying that not much will chnage :) Players will go for Soviets vs OKW most often...

And the balance team - please do not get unhappy with some maybe even too strong opinions. I feel that such reactions only show how great community it is and how many people are really into tha game. And it is thanks to the people from the balance team who keep updating the game :) Even if it sometimes leads to some cohronoemotions :) I'm a big fan of everyting that has happened so far with the game. Those tiny balance bits will never change the whole picture no matter which side the balance slightly tilts.
14 Apr 2020, 17:16 PM

yea, although i think tommies are over perofrming, some of you have blown it out of proportion and i still think soviets and USF will be the better pick overall. UKF is just a cheese faction.

Ostheer and Brits underperformed.

"We don't feel like buffing Ostheer because it could become a problem in team games. We prefer slight adjustments to cap speed."

this along with not wanting to touch (nerf) USF seriously confuses me. Some clear double standards
14 Apr 2020, 17:18 PM

"We don't feel like buffing Ostheer because it could become a problem in team games."

I highly recommend you watch the game that Theodosios uploaded (2v2 vs brit deliberate IS spam, you can find it in this thread I think) and how he won against it with just grens and stugs. No ostwind, Brummbar, Pwerfer, just grens and stugs. ...but it's easier to just complain on the forum and blame others rather than look for solution to your problem.
14 Apr 2020, 17:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Let's just wait for cohrona cup :) We'll see what players will choose. But something inside me seems to be saying that not much will chnage :) Players will go for Soviets vs OKW most often...

Depending on who is playing.

People who frequently play them or even brought them when weak:
HH, Aimstrong, Asha

People who might swap in some cases:
Jove, the Poles (whoever participates), Kimbo (if he is allowed), the "Von's".

14 Apr 2020, 17:37 PM

Depending on who is playing.

People who frequently play them or even brought them when weak:
HH, Aimstrong, Asha

People who might swap in some cases:
Jove, the Poles (whoever participates), Kimbo (if he is allowed), the "Von's".

That is even better :) I don't think that the cup will be spoiled by the patch whatsoever. Can't wait for the games tbh. I also can't wait to actually analyse the differences (if any) between this patch and the recent world champs.
14 Apr 2020, 17:38 PM

No matter what you might think about the balance. The way this thread went is just sad. It's disrespectful to the voluntary work of the balance team and almost none of the claims that were made are backed up with any solid arguments. Instead a Twitch clip of a guy blobbing is brought up as proof a faction is OP. As I pointed out before, blobbing is an issue for many factions. USF and OKW blob non-stop since release.

This is pretty much what i want to say, too, the moment i saw stomjarger come up with the whole "responsibilities" thing again mod team, i never see anyone saying anything like that on this forum before. And the fact that UKF and ukf players got insulted while doing the same thing anyone can do with any faction just feel toxic. I mean, not just in this thread, but multiple time i saw people just call ukf player "braindead", "nobrainer", etc, and it upset me.
14 Apr 2020, 17:49 PM

. I mean, not just in this thread, but multiple time i saw people just call ukf player "braindead", "nobrainer", etc, and it upset me.

I have asked Elchino 7 to warn everyone to keep it on topic and leave the sarcastic quips outside of it and keep things civilized. Not my fault if it’s not been heeded.

It's disrespectful to the voluntary work of the balance team and almost none of the claims that were made are backed up with any solid arguments.

No it’s not. Miragefla went on record during his stream 2 days ago and said he’s gonna try and have a hotfix ready for the tournament. The fact the tune has changed a day later is solid proof that there is discord amongst the balance team, which means if’s perfectly acceptable to be for or against the buffs and post about it.

If anything at no point did I disrespect those who disagreed with me and aside from incendiaryrounds all responses were pretty civilized. And on a personal level I told you, in 2v2 it might be different. I accept your viewpoint, don’t deny me mine and the other people’s who are here to voice it.

But what you are doing is the definition of been a drama queen.

Because I’m driving forward a necessary discussion? There was serious consideration to ban Brits from the tournament with numerous high rank players voicing their belief that the faction is overpowered at the moment. You might think it’s fine since there hasn’t been much noise on the forums here with complaints, but I assure you people on twitch have been very angry with the patch and the resulting British faction. If anything I’m one of the least extremists on the topic who just wants a slight hotfix so the tournament isn’t in danger of being ruined.

There were some valid points made by Orangepest and Fire for example.

That’s why this thread exists, so these people get a chance to voice their concerns in a consice and clear manner. This thread is in no way a personal complaint of mine. I did not intend it to come across as such.

This is pretty much what i want to say, too, the moment i saw stomjarger come up with the whole "responsibilities" thing again mod team, i never see anyone saying anything like that on this forum before.

If members of the balance team feel like they have no reason to do anything in case cohrona cup fails, it’s up to them and they are free to speak their mind. I’m sure they have no need of white knighting from anyone. If a simple question by a random forum poster is enough to provoke such harsh responses, then there are deeper problems than Brits OP.
14 Apr 2020, 17:59 PM

To be completely honest, I can't see how you can't interpret calling for the mass resignation of the balance team for potential imbalances from the recent patch as anything other as anything other than disrespectful.

If you wanted to keep this discussion about the perceived power level of sections and the UKF faction as a whole, you would have stuck to numbers, clips, and arguments rather than purposefully derailing your own thread for an opportunity to get on a soapbox.
14 Apr 2020, 18:00 PM

and if a big tournament is ruined then someone needs to take responsibility from it.

I mean the Brits were used in 8 out of 114 games in WCS. The heavy tank changes had just gone through before that patch iirc so it's not like this hasnt happened before
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS