Login

russian armor

USF Current State?

13 Apr 2020, 11:27 AM

Greetings all,

Since I'll be heading home in a couple months from overseas, I was wondering what opinions players had on USF now. Has USF changed significantly in terms of play style and tactics or is it still a riflemen centric faction? I have read the patch notes but I wanted to hear peoples experience with them than just theory crafting.
13 Apr 2020, 11:40 AM

It still boils down to Riflemen and M36s. Riflemen blobs remain an extremely potent play and M36s are the best TDs in the game. With a dose of 2xPack Howies for crushing OST. Pineapples can come online earlier but they were such a core build that's not really saying much.

I've seen AB/Ranger zooka blobs for dealing with vehicles and while they can credibly threaten late game Axis armor, they're too expensive to be a real option.
13 Apr 2020, 16:00 PM

Still infantry centric with good support weapons and mobile but softer armor.
Not much has changed besides the fact Pershing got nerfed and a bit pricier, Cheaper Grenades is a solid buff and now the Jackson will never bounce a PZ4 shot.
Nothing else has changed substantially.
13 Apr 2020, 16:05 PM

Forget about T0 call in infantry, rifles are superb now. Go 3 rifles into Captain, then abuse his supervise for building and upgrading. Get an early AT gun vs okw or an AAHT vs Ostheer. Get a pack if opponent is static. Get weapon racks around 7-9 mins and BAR your 3 rifles and your rear echelons. Get Major and an elite infantry unit if your doc has it, then go M4A3 and a 2nd AT gun.
13 Apr 2020, 16:57 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Greetings all,

Since I'll be heading home in a couple months from overseas, I was wondering what opinions players had on USF now. Has USF changed significantly in terms of play style and tactics or is it still a riflemen centric faction? I have read the patch notes but I wanted to hear peoples experience with them than just theory crafting.

<444>3 DAVE!!!!!

WELCOME BACK :)

Riflemen good now, jackson still OP, pak howie still OP, pershing sad in teamgames.
14 Apr 2020, 04:15 AM

Forget about T0 call in infantry, rifles are superb now. Go 3 rifles into Captain, then abuse his supervise for building and upgrading. Get an early AT gun vs okw or an AAHT vs Ostheer. Get a pack if opponent is static. Get weapon racks around 7-9 mins and BAR your 3 rifles and your rear echelons. Get Major and an elite infantry unit if your doc has it, then go M4A3 and a 2nd AT gun.

I still love my paths/IR paths though.

RIP heavies so no more heavy cav meta, can go airborne and recon support in peace.
14 Apr 2020, 09:56 AM

RIP heavies so no more heavy cav meta, can go airborne and recon support in peace.

Urban Assault for me.

Nothing like baiting a pak wall into firing at my M4A3 dozer, only for CalliOP to delete it.
14 Apr 2020, 12:11 PM

I still love my paths/IR paths though.

What kind of BO do you use, if I may ask. Kinda on the struggle bus with usf in 2v2s.
15 Apr 2020, 17:25 PM

What kind of BO do you use, if I may ask. Kinda on the struggle bus with usf in 2v2s.

Mine with Reco Company is (2v2)

Re
x1 Rm
x2 Pathfinder

vs OKW
x1 lieutenant
Hmg
Bar/Zook
Stuart

vs Oshteer
x1 Captain
bar/zook
AAHT

Then when I have the munition call-in Para and PakHowi

Equip zook on RE, then Scott, Jackson, scott, jackson.

15 Apr 2020, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2020, 17:25 PMEsxile

Mine with Reco Company is (2v2)

Re
x1 Rm
x2 Pathfinder

vs OKW
x1 lieutenant
Hmg
Bar/Zook
Stuart

vs Oshteer
x1 Captain
bar/zook
AAHT

Then when I have the munition call-in Para and PakHowi

Equip zook on RE, then Scott, Jackson, scott, jackson.

Thanks I'll give it a shot
15 Apr 2020, 17:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Riflemen have had their close range distance buffed from 3 to 5, so they're stronger now than since you've last played.

Don't know if you were there after the USF tech rework, but yeah, they got their tech reworked.

M20 crew no longer comes with a zook.

Jackson had +5 fuel, and -20 armor (which doesn't affect much), but is otherwise untouched.

Paras got better RA :)

LT is still more popular.
15 Apr 2020, 18:17 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Riflemen have had their close range distance buffed from 3 to 5, so they're stronger now than since you've last played.

Don't know if you were there after the USF tech rework, but yeah, they got their tech reworked.

M20 crew no longer comes with a zook.

Jackson had +5 fuel, and -20 armor (which doesn't affect much), but is otherwise untouched.

Paras got better RA :)

LT is still more popular.

He plays pretty frequently from what I've seen ;)

Well I thought you were talking to witch king up there so time to do the walk of shame.
15 Apr 2020, 19:02 PM

Thanks I'll give it a shot

Oh and I use the Assassinate bulletin, obviously ;D
15 Apr 2020, 21:38 PM

He plays pretty frequently from what I've seen ;)

Well I thought you were talking to witch king up there so time to do the walk of shame.

To be fair, i just came back too
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak