Login

russian armor

M15A1 AAHT

11 Apr 2020, 15:18 PM

The M15A1 AAHT has inconsistent AA performance some time it will not fire while either time it is fine in is AA duties.

Suggestions:

1) Reintroduce AA mode that allows the 360 turret rotation of the gun making easier to truck planes.
2) Re-balance weapons and rotation in AA mode so that the perform consistent vs airplanes

(actually same design should be followed for all AA assets)

That change will better balance the AA performance and the abilities with airplanes and add a little micro to countering planes.

Other:
1) change reverse into a toggle mode so that the unit always move with the gun facing the front.

This help reduce the micro of using the unit.

2) increase rear armor to much front at 15.

The unit has to move backwards so "flanking" is not actually bad play from player.

3) Decrease cost.

The unit is rather expensive for some one who need AA.

4) Remove suppression on the move.

Other units can not suppress on the move whits one should not either.

5) Possibly add AP round as timed ability costing MU

6) Fix/toned down vet bonuses the unit get to much mobility. (Speed: 7.2/Accel: 6/Rotate: 48)

11 Apr 2020, 16:14 PM

How about no and you just position the damn thing right when you want to shoot a plane. You will be fine.:clap:

On more serious note, i feel like the supression on the move is actually fine in this case since its not 360 degree, and you have to put in quite a bit of effort of keeping the AA moving the right way. Unless you're a smart brain and have a key with reverse+click scripted on your mouse which makes reversing and using the AA significantly easier ^^
11 Apr 2020, 16:35 PM

How about no and you just position the damn thing right when you want to shoot a plane. You will be fine.:clap:

There is little reason for this particular vehicle to need more micro to counter planes and I guess it quite frustrating for less experience players to try to figure out why their AA vehicle does not
fire on planes.

Actually AA mode was available when the unit was introduced I really did not see any problem with it and nave no idea why it was removed in the first place (I am not sure but maybe it was simply removed because it was a vet 1 ability instead of becoming vet 0).

Finally as I explained by making this weapons separate one can balance them separately and it will not end being Up or Op when when they change (take for instance quad that is currently OP as an AA)

On more serious note, i feel like the supression on the move is actually fine in this case since its not 360 degree, and you have to put in quite a bit of effort of keeping the AA moving the right way. Unless you're a smart brain and have a key with reverse+click scripted on your mouse which makes reversing and using the AA significantly easier ^^

The unit can be quite frustrating to maneuver and reverse as toggle can probably help.
11 Apr 2020, 16:59 PM

Agreed on all except the cost decrease suggestion. It would be too oppressive if it came any faster in the midgame. Also it does not need AP rounds it already dumpsters light vehicles if micro'd correctly lol.

Also wish most of the suppression got shifted to the MGs instead of the cannon, because having it mainly on the latter makes it incredibly inconsistent at times.
11 Apr 2020, 17:15 PM

Agreed on all except the cost decrease suggestion. It would be too oppressive if it came any faster in the midgame. Also it does not need AP rounds it already dumpsters light vehicles if micro'd correctly lol.

Also wish most of the suppression got shifted to the MGs instead of the cannon, because having it mainly on the latter makes it incredibly inconsistent at times.

The reasons I suggested to be cheaper are:
It rather expensive if one needs AA only
I also suggested removing the suppression that would justify a price decrease

Finally if the power level is too high simply lower it so that one can afford AA.
11 Apr 2020, 17:17 PM

This is not a fix that is required.
11 Apr 2020, 17:23 PM

Aim of the topic: first nerfing the suppression on the move then nerfing wathever possible after that.
11 Apr 2020, 17:25 PM

Imo only real problem with unit comes to targeting units. Sometimes when i trt to target it to shoot something, vwhicle tries to turn with front facing the target, which obiviously hampers its ability to fight, only kedping it in handbreak stops this.
11 Apr 2020, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2020, 17:23 PMEsxile
Aim of the topic: first nerfing the suppression on the move then nerfing wathever possible after that.

Can we drop the conspiracy theory?

Making the unit more consistent in AA is actually a buff and reducing price and the micro is buff also.
11 Apr 2020, 19:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2020, 17:15 PMVipper

The reasons I suggested to be cheaper are:
It rather expensive if one needs AA only
I also suggested removing the suppression that would justify a price decrease

Finally if the power level is too high simply lower it so that one can afford AA.

Stationary suppression and high damage is still easily worth the unit's cost. Probably shouldn't have suppression on the move to begin with. Thing already shits on ostheer, no need to make it come even earlier.
11 Apr 2020, 19:43 PM

Stationary suppression and high damage is still easily worth the unit's cost. Probably shouldn't have suppression on the move to begin with. Thing already shits on ostheer, no need to make it come even earlier.

Well you can see the flame I got already, now imagine what would happen if the suggestion come without a price decrease.

Any my point is that imo if one want it in late to counter Stuka loiters it rather pricey and could use a price reduction (maybe mostly MP) if it make to oppressive in early game one should probably tone it down a bit so that it remains a cost efficient option in early game and worth building as an AA unit.

Unit should be balance around it primary role which is AA.

Alternatively one could offer a discount after major unlock.
11 Apr 2020, 20:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes to changes regarding AA and mobility.

It's stupid how the unit sometimes doesn't shoot at all because it can't track planes loitering around.
11 Apr 2020, 22:53 PM

That happens because it used to have an AA mode, that helped it do it's job, since it's removal it's terribad at killing planes.
12 Apr 2020, 09:38 AM

That happens because it used to have an AA mode, that helped it do it's job, since it's removal it's terribad at killing planes.

It does pretty well but you have to not be in the center of the circle strafe. Now yeah Soviet and Brit have better options but that's hardly an argument here.
12 Apr 2020, 10:09 AM

the AA mod change is quality of life change and not a balance change what other faction get for AA is irrelevant.
12 Apr 2020, 18:37 PM

Permanently Banned
I'd just change the AAHT so that there's more damage, less suppression, perhaps no supression if moving or rotating.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★