Login

russian armor

Ram + Offmap combo needs to be nerfed

PAGES (13)down
12 Jun 2020, 13:18 PM
13 Jun 2020, 20:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Ram should actually in my opinion be buffed as well as nerfed, with veterancy affecting it: higher veterancy means higher chance for enemy vehicle immobilized or weapon destroyed, while higher veterancy means the T-34 has a chance of not being immobilized and suffers heavy engine damage instead.

At veterancy 0, the t-34 will lose its main gun and be immobilized while the enemy vehicle will never be immobilized or lose its main gun. But at veterancy 3, the T-34 will have a good chance of suffering heavy engine damage instead of immobilization while the enemy vehicle has a good chance of losing mobility or suffering weapon destroyed.
13 Jun 2020, 23:15 PM

I think there is good "nerf" - make it straitforward ability like Firefly rockets, without aiming. But to compensate this, make garanted engine disabled (like regular snare do). High skill-high reward. Veterancy also could get some boosts, like radius boost and reduce time when engine is overheated when ability missed the target.
14 Jun 2020, 10:30 AM

What I'd prefer to see:

Vet 0 ram:
- Does 160 damage
- Stuns enemy tank if its HP is <=75%
- Immobilizes and main gun crits T34

Vet 1 ram:
- Does 160 damage
- Stuns and engine damages enemy tank if its HP is <=75%

This allows counterplay for heavies by keeping them very healthy.
14 Jun 2020, 14:34 PM

What I'd prefer to see:

Vet 0 ram:
- Does 160 damage

Vet 1 ram:
- Does 160 damage

This allows as "counterplay" for heavies to keep them very healthy.

It's just make this ability worthless. How about make the same treatment for german Blitz? To have "counterplay" from SU side. Because panther with blitz can easily outplay every SU armor (and if you have tactician smoke situation become ever better). This only one ability in entire game that have such cruel rules to use - immobilize, gun crit, engine overheat when missed.
While i think this ability could be replaced by somehing more usefull, because this is just gift from "old times" when t-34 was trash and only were good for ramming.
14 Jun 2020, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 14:34 PMMaret

It's just make this ability worthless. How about make the same treatment for german Blitz? To have "counterplay" from SU side. Because panther with blitz can easily outplay every SU armor (and if you have tactician smoke situation become ever better). This only one ability in entire game that have such cruel rules to use - immobilize, gun crit, engine overheat when missed.
While i think this ability could be replaced by somehing more usefull, because this is just gift from "old times" when t-34 was trash and only were good for ramming.

Snare. Button. Literally any mine. If you can't counterplay Blitz, there is a problem.
14 Jun 2020, 15:08 PM

What I'd prefer to see:

Vet 0 ram:
- Does 160 damage

Vet 1 ram:
- Does 160 damage

This allows as "counterplay" for heavies to keep them very healthy.

The t34 is almost 100% lost with ram. Tying a suicide ability/snare to vet is bad.

Adjusting the il2 strikes so you need to anticipate somewhat is better.

As said in the post before ram leaves an overheated engine when missing punishing you for missing. Giving axis a good chance to destroy it as well.
Ram has more downsides then it has pro,s. Nerfing it makes it usseles.
14 Jun 2020, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 14:43 PMFarlion

Snare. Button. Literally any mine. If you can't counterplay Blitz, there is a problem.

Then there is no problem in Ram too, right? Ram can't be used if engine is crippled. Ram only ability that good for suicide mission, you can't used it for escape.
14 Jun 2020, 17:03 PM

One could also keep it powerful ability but make it doctrinal.

For instance it could replace T-34/85 in Advance warfare and the rocket strafe replace the HMG strafe and then the comdo would require a specific commander to pull it off.

Ram could then be adjust accordingly.
14 Jun 2020, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 17:03 PMVipper
One could also keep it powerful ability but make it doctrinal.

For instance it could replace T-34/85 in Advance warfare and the rocket strafe replace the HMG strafe and then the comdo would require a specific commander to pull it off.

Ram could then be adjust accordingly.

This is interesting. The only but is, what to replace ram with when you dont run the ram doc.
Capture point and a strong hull mg are not nearly enough to warrent 300mp and 100 fuel.

I would give it a overdrive ability for 40ish muni. It has trouble getting behind tanks.
Ram doc would fit nicely and overide overdrive.
14 Jun 2020, 18:39 PM

Could make ram a skill shot instead of a target move. Then it could be used as a speed boost or as a ram, but won't home so there is counter play in trying to dodge it. With the debuffs after it would keep the speed boost from being abusable. Sure infantry squish could probably be a problem but meh.
14 Jun 2020, 18:41 PM

Could make ram a skill shot instead of a target move. Then it could be used as a speed boost or as a ram, but won't home so there is counter play in trying to dodge it. With the debuffs after it would keep the speed boost from being abusable. Sure infantry squish could probably be a problem but meh.

Poor infantry.
14 Jun 2020, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 18:41 PMKatitof

Poor infantry.

It would at least be offset but draining the engine on the t34 right? Is it worth Hopefully wiping that squad if it means your tanks is stuck out in enemy territory with no engine for a few seconds? If it was a skill shot designed to occasionally be missing the debuffs could scale with vet in theory. Idk. It could be fun
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS