Login

russian armor

Sweepers in half track's shouldn't detect mines.

4 Apr 2020, 16:28 PM

I didn't say it should take up both slots i said it should lock out any upgrade

When you purchase a flamer or seeeper on CEs/pios it locks out any other upgrade, but they still have a weapon slot if they find a dropped weapon

But sweepers already do lock out upgrades. Weapon racks are not upgrades, they are picking up weapons.
4 Apr 2020, 16:30 PM

Ah yes, halftrack clown cars that come at like 9 minutes. Truly the scourge of the meta right now.

Negative clear speed?.... So when they are suppressed they lay mines....?

That gave me a good laugh.
4 Apr 2020, 17:29 PM

anoterh case of "i couldnt find countermeasures against a unit with no combat value so i immediately start a balance thread"

lol, funny but true
4 Apr 2020, 17:59 PM

But sweepers already do lock out upgrades. Weapon racks are not upgrades, they are picking up weapons.

For fucks sake dude you're literally debating grammar. You know damn well what Im talking about

Grabbing weapons from the racks should be treated just like an upgrade on other engineers. OR there should be no reason you can't upgrade to a flamer and sweeper. If you disagree, okay but you're ignoring the real point:

Combing a zook/piat with a sweeper is just as strong if not stronger than a sweeper engineer that also has a flamethrower. ESPECIALLY since Royal Engs and Rear Ech can get a 5th man. The western front engineers already have enough advantages over the eastern ones

4 Apr 2020, 19:00 PM

Ah yes, halftrack clown cars that come at like 9 minutes. Truly the scourge of the meta right now.

That gave me a good laugh.

Something doesn't have to be meta to be unbalanced and there is no reason in "realism" or balance that a guy in the back of a half track should be detecting mines while it zooms around at 60mph firing bazookas and makes the game look like fortnight, may as well let pios sit on the back of tigers detecting mines.
4 Apr 2020, 19:43 PM

It should just take a weapon slot. I don't think it needs to take up both slots.

+1
4 Apr 2020, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2020, 18:40 PMGGnore
Pretty self explanatory, it makes no sense even for a video game and causes balance issues when engineer units can equip sweepers as well as double at weaponry in half tracks that reach f1 Ferrari speeds with step on it.

*Meant to put detect not clear mines in title*

+1
5 Apr 2020, 13:25 PM

Someone hide this thread from twisted tootsys precious eyes
5 Apr 2020, 16:53 PM

Someone hide this thread from twisted tootsys precious eyes

His games are great to watch. Lots of fun!
5 Apr 2020, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2020, 19:00 PMGGnore

Something doesn't have to be meta to be unbalanced and there is no reason in "realism" or balance that a guy in the back of a half track should be detecting mines while it zooms around at 60mph firing bazookas and makes the game look like fortnight, may as well let pios sit on the back of tigers detecting mines.

Alright I get it.
For a more realistic approach I propose we change the animation to the sweeper model laying on the hood with the sweeper in front of the half track. This way we get a visual cue there is something fishy.
5 Apr 2020, 18:32 PM

How about pios of all factions could only enter vehicles with them unequipped? As far as is see the enginge working i guess this would also include buildings. but why not?

would also increase their firepower and sweepers wouldnt benefit inside a building anyway, would they?

Tbh idc about this topic, but i can see why people are against it, so this is my 2 cents
5 Apr 2020, 19:14 PM

How about not fixing what can be stopped with single faust, just because you don't anticipate and are taken by surprise?

If you want a long, boring game with everything predictable, I highly recommend steel division.
5 Apr 2020, 19:18 PM

Alright I get it.
For a more realistic approach I propose we change the animation to the sweeper model laying on the hood with the sweeper in front of the half track. This way we get a visual cue there is something fishy.

I was thinking more of the sweeper being welded in place in front of the halftrack, for realism purposes.
5 Apr 2020, 20:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For realism purposes there's no such as a thing as friendly mines. Leave it be and make sweeper occupy a weapon slot.
6 Apr 2020, 06:20 AM

For realism purposes there's no such as a thing as friendly mines. Leave it be and make sweeper occupy a weapon slot.

Sweepers occupying a weapon slot is a good idea.
But there is hope with half-tracks too maybe. If okw can holster sweeper the same mechanism could be used to make them not work once engines enter halftracks/buildings.
6 Apr 2020, 18:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sweepers occupying a weapon slot is a good idea.
But there is hope with half-tracks too maybe. If okw can holster sweeper the same mechanism could be used to make them not work once engines enter halftracks/buildings.

I don't see it as a bad mechanic. People only complain cause they might had faced someone inspired by non meta TT Zook bus play.
6 Apr 2020, 19:49 PM

I don't see it as a bad mechanic. People only complain cause they might had faced someone inspired by non meta TT Zook bus play.

^This.

Don't try to turn the game into a snorefest, just because you were surprised by something unexpected and had no idea how to counter it first time you've seen it.

ESPECIALLY if you haven't even faced it yourself and just observed it on twitch.
6 Apr 2020, 20:37 PM

^This.

Don't try to turn the game into a snorefest, just because you were surprised by something unexpected and had no idea how to counter it first time you've seen it.

ESPECIALLY if you haven't even faced it yourself and just observed it on twitch.

Well aside from making coh2 look like a children's game with half tracked vehicles tokyo drifting around tanks with anime physics looking ridiculous it negates one of the main counters of vehicles which is mines.

Changing this is not going to make the game a "snoozefest" any more than the changes to stopping soviet snipers in clowncars and elite troop training your team mates infantry and tanks to vet 3 before they fired a single round or swarms of sprinting falls and shocks with valient assault/mother russia or the snipers with predator camo from coh1.
6 Apr 2020, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2020, 20:37 PMGGnore

Well aside from making coh2 look like a children's game with half tracked vehicles tokyo drifting around tanks with anime physics looking ridiculous it negates one of the main counters of vehicles which is mines.

I'll share a secret with you:

Changing this is not going to make the game a "snoozefest" any more than the changes to stopping soviet snipers in clowncars and elite troop training your team mates infantry and tanks to vet 3 before they fired a single round or swarms of sprinting falls and shocks with valient assault/mother russia or the snipers with predator camo from coh1.

It actually is, because now its this, then its something else and so on until the only viable option that remains is a-move head on.

Its not even tournament breaking stuff that's omnipresent everywhere.
Its literally a single nooblet seeing something on twitch and shat his pants at the sole thought of maybe facing it once in his a-moving career, so he rushed to the forum to remove the bad, unknown thing before it touches him.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★