Login

russian armor

USF Airborne Company

5 Apr 2020, 16:20 PM

It isn't anymore because it's broken :( no paths at all in AA anymore

Damn really? They had the assassinate ability too which I thought was pretty fun
5 Apr 2020, 17:03 PM

Literally find me one source of US Pathfinders in Operation Overlord having mines with them when they dropped. Literally one source.

Ah yes Coh2, the bastion of realism. Literally find me one source of US riflemen taking 4-6 shots from a kar98 at point blank and not dying. Literally one source.

I remember we've had a thread or two going over the possibility of 2CP Paratroopers. Even made a test mod for it too.

Wasn't the general sentiment that even with their weapons locked behind racks and 6th man behind an upgrade, they were still particularly strong for 2CP?

Shocks, guards, and falls all come at 2cp, so not really. Seems that 6 man paras with weapon upgrades locked behind 3cp would be fine.
5 Apr 2020, 17:19 PM

Ah yes Coh2, the bastion of realism. Literally find me one source of US riflemen taking 4-6 shots from a kar98 at point blank and not dying. Literally one source..

Except mine is relevant and yours isn’t. You don’t see Conscript wielding Fantasy weapons or a T34/76 needing 7 Tigers to die. There is a degree of fidelity to historical accuracy which extends to units and their roles on the battlefield. Historically pathfinders did not have mine laying roles or equipment, those belonged to airbourne engineers which were attached to airbourne infantry divisions.

Equating battlefield roles to combat realism is a baseless comparison.
5 Apr 2020, 17:38 PM

Except mine is relevant and yours isn’t. You don’t see Conscript wielding Fantasy weapons or a T34/76 needing 7 Tigers to die. There is a degree of fidelity to historical accuracy which extends to units and their roles on the battlefield. Historically pathfinders did not have mine laying roles or equipment, those belonged to airbourne engineers which were attached to airbourne infantry divisions.

Equating battlefield roles to combat realism is a baseless comparison.

I've seen 'realism' as the basis for countless arguments regarding CoH2. Never ends well.
5 Apr 2020, 17:44 PM

I think that was an ardennes assault feature in the campaign

Ah must have been getting my wires crossed.
5 Apr 2020, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2020, 17:38 PMGrim

I've seen 'realism' as the basis for countless arguments regarding CoH2. Never ends well.

I think storm's point is that the realism he is talking about is actually somewhat represented in the game already. I dont necessarily agree but its definitely not the same as saying "Tiger should kill tanks in 1 shot cuz irl"

Pathfinders certainly did not have mines. Probably couldnt afford to carry that extra weight with all the crap they had already
5 Apr 2020, 18:15 PM

Damn really? They had the assassinate ability too which I thought was pretty fun

Yep. Major drag cause airborne in AA is the bees knees.

I think storm's point is that the realism he is talking about is actually somewhat represented in the game already. I dont necessarily agree but its definitely not the same as saying "Tiger should kill tanks in 1 shot cuz irl"

Pathfinders certainly did not have mines. Probably couldnt afford to carry that extra weight with all the crap they had already

Be difficult enough wandering through enemy territory with a radio beacon shoved up their ass without adding explosives to the mix.
5 Apr 2020, 18:21 PM

If there were any mines at all via airborne I'd imagine they were either delivered via glider or crates.

5 Apr 2020, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2020, 18:21 PMKoRneY
If there were any mines at all via airborne I'd imagine they were either delivered via glider or crates.

Fun fact the Japanese tried something similar, however the explosives were meant to be delivered directly to the target, and instead of a glider they used pilots. No sustainable but certainly spectacular
5 Apr 2020, 18:29 PM

Fun fact the Japanese tried something similar, however the explosives were meant to be delivered directly to the target, and instead of a glider they used pilots. No sustainable but certainly spectacular

Takes a brave man to fly with that shit in the trunk
5 Apr 2020, 19:19 PM

Although this debate does not really have anything to do with balance of the game and whether Pathfinder should have mines or not, here is some history:

Pathfinder would drop in to groups of 8-12 men and they would have another squad to protect given.

The typical equipment of paratroopers at D-Day include 1 mine each so a "group" of Pathfinder ("stick"+cover troops) would probably have 6 mines with them.

Having that said Pathfinder do not need mines in game.
6 Apr 2020, 01:13 AM

Ah yes Coh2, the bastion of realism. Literally find me one source of US riflemen taking 4-6 shots from a kar98 at point blank and not dying. Literally one source.

Shocks, guards, and falls all come at 2cp, so not really. Seems that 6 man paras with weapon upgrades locked behind 3cp would be fine.

Better yet, find a source of any tank surviving a direct hit from a 152mm round. Granted, actually hitting with a 152 wasn't that likely as it was more of an artillery piece and not really meant to be accurate.

Here's a photo. Turns out this Panther only had one hit point, not 960.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestroyedTanks/comments/3h2jm9/panther_tanks_wrecked_by_152mm_shells_translation/

PS - this game is intended to be the arcade version of WWII, not realistic. MOW2 or SD are more realistic but nowhere near as fun.
6 Apr 2020, 01:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2020, 01:13 AMGrumpy

Better yet, find a source of any tank surviving a direct hit from a 152mm round. Granted, actually hitting with a 152 wasn't that likely as it was more of an artillery piece and not really meant to be accurate.

Here's a photo. Turns out this Panther only had one hit point, not 960.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestroyedTanks/comments/3h2jm9/panther_tanks_wrecked_by_152mm_shells_translation/

PS - this game is intended to be the arcade version of WWII, not realistic. MOW2 or SD are more realistic but nowhere near as fun.

Or my personal favorite, the powerful 122mm selected over the 100mm for the IS-2 due to its vastly superior anti structure performance kills wooden bunkers slower than the standard 76mm t34.

OH or that it takes 4 2cm rounds to kill a man...

Ooh oh oh ramming a kuble with a t34 will bust the gun on the t34 and destroy its engine but there is a chance the kuble crew is only shaken up slightly but a guarantee it won't be dead....

Yea the game doesn't really do realism... And that's why we love it
6 Apr 2020, 02:20 AM

It was. It isn't anymore because it's broken :( no paths at all in AA anymore

Why is that broken? Because it was an ability USF had? JLI do it, literally everyone else can do that.
6 Apr 2020, 03:00 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2020, 02:20 AMCODGUY

Why is that broken? Because it was an ability USF had? JLI do it, literally everyone else can do that.

:facepalm: OKW hasn't been able to infiltrate units for over a year. There's only 3 units in the game left that can infiltrate and the only good one is probably stormtroopers.

USF airborne thread btw?
6 Apr 2020, 04:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2020, 05:58 AMCODGUY

This is kinda what I think. Make Pathfinders CP1 for 300 MP and a 5th man.

Pathfinder should not be 5-man squad
6 Apr 2020, 04:39 AM

I agree JLI have too many utility skill and firepower but JLI is combat unit

Pathfinder is combat-support unit, not combat unit

Just reduce M1c garand's cooldown....that will be enough
6 Apr 2020, 08:34 AM

Broken as in doesn't work ya dunce. Try looking at context instead of being a whiney fan boy for once
6 Apr 2020, 08:46 AM

I would prefer to replace Pathfinders on the 105-mm howitzer M2 delivered on the battlefield with a Waco CG-13. Two infantry units in one commander is not a good idea.
8 Apr 2020, 15:49 PM

Or my personal favorite, the powerful 122mm selected over the 100mm for the IS-2 due to its vastly superior anti structure performance kills wooden bunkers slower than the standard 76mm t34.

OH or that it takes 4 2cm rounds to kill a man...

Ooh oh oh ramming a kuble with a t34 will bust the gun on the t34 and destroy its engine but there is a chance the kuble crew is only shaken up slightly but a guarantee it won't be dead....

Yea the game doesn't really do realism... And that's why we love it

But please, by all means, let's return to complaining about how giving mines to paths turns coh2 into a fantasy game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 2
Germany 692
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %