Login

russian armor

USF Airborne Company

8 Apr 2020, 15:52 PM

But please, by all means, let's return to complaining about how giving mines to paths turns coh2 into a fantasy game.

If pathfinder mines are such a fetish, you could suggest flare mines like the ones Conscripts have. They’d fit into their role too.
8 Apr 2020, 16:11 PM

If pathfinder mines are such a fetish, you could suggest flare mines like the ones Conscripts have. They’d fit into their role too.

I literally wasn't even suggesting pathfinder mines and do not think they should have them, I was just responding to the tired old "muh reasilm, gib sources of this happening IRL" because it's not a basis for most things in Coh.
8 Apr 2020, 16:14 PM

I literally wasn't even suggesting pathfinder mines and do not think they should have them, I was just responding to the tired old "muh reasilm, gib sources of this happening IRL" because it's not a basis for most things in Coh.

And my point is there is some degree of realism as you don’t see crazy shit like Cons wielding STGs or T34s wrecking hordes of Tigers. There’s degrees of realism and the game is loyal to it up to some degree.
8 Apr 2020, 16:24 PM

And my point is there is some degree of realism as you don’t see crazy shit like Cons wielding STGs or T34s wrecking hordes of Tigers. There’s degrees of realism and the game is loyal to it up to some degree.

And mine was that soldiers (especially soldiers that in theory would be operating behind enemy lines and keeping a low profile, something that pathfinders in coh at best very very marginally model) having mines is probably one of the least unrealistic things in coh. There's degrees of adherence to reality, and pathfinder mines and STG cons do not fit into the same degree.

It's not very likely that soviet conscripts actually ran around spamming molotovs and some weird lethal tripwire flare everywhere, but here we are.

Sidenote: for some reason in Ardennes Assault, cav rifles can have IR STGs lul.
8 Apr 2020, 22:13 PM

Sidenote: for some reason in Ardennes Assault, cav rifles can have IR STGs lul.

And panzershrecks! Or maybe that was rangers
9 Apr 2020, 14:37 PM

But please, by all means, let's return to complaining about how giving mines to paths turns coh2 into a fantasy game.

I don't think Paths need mines, I never argued realism as the reason
9 Apr 2020, 19:08 PM

I don't think Paths need mines, I never argued realism as the reason

Yeah I don't either, was just hammering it home that coh isn't realistic and pathfinders having mines wouldn't be the end of all the "realism" in coh.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 33
Germany 7
unknown 4
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L