Login

russian armor

USF Airborne Company

4 Apr 2020, 04:26 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

While the history lesson of the ostwind and pershing is entertaining, please keep it on the USF airborne doctrine.
4 Apr 2020, 04:34 AM

I remember we've had a thread or two going over the possibility of 2CP Paratroopers. Even made a test mod for it too.

Wasn't the general sentiment that even with their weapons locked behind racks and 6th man behind an upgrade, they were still particularly strong for 2CP?

I made such a thread a long time ago.

A big problem with making paras come earlier (which by all right they should IMO, to make this an actual proper "Airborne" Company) is the weapon upgrades being extremely good. Without them, they're about what one might expect for 380mp call-in infantry squad, CP2 or otherwise. Basically a penal squad notably stronger at close range thanks to 80% accuracy up to almost range 5. Good moving accuracy stats too.

The big reason I wanted them earlier then, of course, besides having to try to fit them into the necessarily infantry-heavy USF build, was because they had 1.0 RA up until vet 3(!) which meant they arrived on the scene having to face vetted infantry that bled them rather terribly until Paras could reach their final veterancy requirements (which will take a very long time to reach with only carbines).

They recently had their starting RA reduced to 0.95, so it's not so much of a problem now.

I do still wish Paras could have their weapon upgrades turned down a bit (4 to 2 thompsons, maybe, taking up only one weapon slot for half the current cost, 1 LMG instead of 2, again for half the current cost, both still cancelling the other out) and then rounding out the base unit a bit, making it more approachable and a bigger part of any airborne build, and allowing for more experimentation with slot item weapons instead of having this unit have the option of one or two mandatory upgrades.

Could then possibly lock their cooked grenade behind grenade tech, but split their RA bonuses between vet levels, or reduce their requirements a bit in general, and then lock weapon upgrades behind either weapon racks or some tech requirement, and then let them come in at CP2. If need be, 6th man could even be something delivered through vet 1, as opposed to any sort of inevitably mandatory upgrade.

After seeing the huge mess the Fallschirmjaeger rework made, however, I'm not sure there's any chance of this stuff happening.
4 Apr 2020, 05:58 AM

1cp)pathfinder : reduce cooldown the M1c garand and add camo bonus(+15% accuracy, 4s), add flare mine

2cp)paratroopers : 5 man sqaud, if paratrooper squad get Thompson upgrade, squad will be 6-man sqaud, 380mp -> 340mp

timed explosive charge muni cost 45 ->30

weapon drop is same

12cp) P-47 strike muni cost 240 -> 200

This is kinda what I think. Make Pathfinders CP1 for 300 MP and a 5th man.
4 Apr 2020, 17:41 PM

Double LMG paratroopers + Jacksons are pretty strong tho.

Might be an idea to change the troopers-drop to function like the Recon support troopers does? Changing the weapon drops to an ability of the pathfinders would open up 2 commander slots which would be a bit much imo.

Proposal;
Slot 1 - Pathfinders
Slot 2 - Paratroopers with 1x .50 cal
Slot 3 - Paratroopers with 1x M1 ATG
Slot 4 - free for new things (Time on target? or a the Sherman E8?)
Slot 5 - P47 Rocket strafe (replaced with the cheaper single run from soviets).

Might need shared cooldown on slot 2 & 3.

Though I don't often play as USF, as OKW however the RNG-ness of the P47 rocket loiter mostly scares the crap outa me. Can really fck up your tanks good.

The problem with airborne in live is that it has 1 ability. Everything else is call-in units or weapon teams, which aren't by any means bad (even though 2/5 are nondoc lul), but it just doesn't have the variety a commander should. That's what makes it mediocre IMO. This wouldn't fix that problem.
4 Apr 2020, 19:52 PM

That would be mine Airborne suggestion.

Proposal
Slot 1 - Infiltration-Pathfinders
Slot 2 - Weapons drop (You can choose between AT gun and .50 cal)
Slot 3 - Paratroopers
Slot 4 - P47 Strafing Run pinning down in a huge area and also kills soft targets (inf LV)
Slot 5 - P47 Rocket strafe (single rocket strafe with devastating effect)

In general:
Paratroopers: What is the current received_accuracy?
Else i would also consider changing Vet 1 ability (only -25% recharge ability) to maybe less received_accuracy.

(Paratroopers with Bazookas (can camo in cover)
Paratroopers with LMG can provide medkits
Paratroopers with Thompson can fire up/sprint for few seconds or get better received_accuracy)

Making Airborne great again.
5 Apr 2020, 00:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2020, 05:58 AMCODGUY

This is kinda what I think. Make Pathfinders CP1 for 300 MP and a 5th man.

Yay. More ez mode durable infantry.. Very very very exciting.... That'll add more flavor for sure.
5 Apr 2020, 03:04 AM

Yay. More ez mode durable infantry.. Very very very exciting.... That'll add more flavor for sure.

US Riflemen are inferior to what's available to OKW and OST. You need an elite infantry unit to keep up.
5 Apr 2020, 03:18 AM

Besides the airborne they come with? How much do you need to keep up?
5 Apr 2020, 03:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2020, 03:18 AMKoRneY
Besides the airborne they come with? How much do you need to keep up?

Look I play plenty of ez mode verion 1, I know how eazy it is to kick hell out of lame ass Riflemen and use USF's pathetic tech tree against them. With USF you've got easily the worst starting game of any faction, nothing to work with. Riflemen? A mortar? LOL. The funny thing is as bad as Riflmen are and as easy as they are to counter, Pathfinders are even worse. But of course they cost 290 MP for unknown reasons.
5 Apr 2020, 11:43 AM

Was I imagining it or was there a bulletin that let pathfinders infiltrate from buildings?

5 Apr 2020, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2020, 11:43 AMGrim
Was I imagining it or was there a bulletin that let pathfinders infiltrate from buildings?

5 Apr 2020, 11:55 AM

Instead of adding new abilities, what do you guys think of reducing the received accuracy by 5-10% for the Pathfinder at Vet 0 along with the ability to reinforce at the beacon. This would differentiate the two pathfinders squads a bit more.

With the change to the pathfinders, it would indirectly buff the airdrop mg/at by allowing for early pushes without having to build an ambulance to reinforce. While making them a bit better than stock due to the self spotting and better durability.

A question I had for the more knowledgeable, do the crewed weapons keep VET stats of crewing infantry? If it does then crewing an MG/AT with a VET 2/3 pathfinder with the additional received accuracy bonus could function like elite support weapons.

5 Apr 2020, 11:58 AM

Airborne's a good commander, it's just that USF has Heavy Cav and Mechan-'let's cram everything in the game into one commander'-ized.

What USF needs more than anything is a commander reshuffle: take some stuff from the overloaded commanders and distribute it to the off-meta ones.
5 Apr 2020, 12:11 PM

Instead of adding new abilities, what do you guys think of reducing the received accuracy by 5-10% for the Pathfinder at Vet 0 along with the ability to reinforce at the beacon. This would differentiate the two pathfinders squads a bit more.

With the change to the pathfinders, it would indirectly buff the airdrop mg/at by allowing for early pushes without having to build an ambulance to reinforce. While making them a bit better than stock due to the self spotting and better durability.

A question I had for the more knowledgeable, do the crewed weapons keep VET stats of crewing infantry? If it does then crewing an MG/AT with a VET 2/3 pathfinder with the additional received accuracy bonus could function like elite support weapons.

Vet does not carry over.
5 Apr 2020, 12:18 PM

Vet does not carry over.

Thanks for answering. How about Pathfinders with better received accuracy at vet 0? I would assume the change in base stats would make them more durable vs the units built at base.
5 Apr 2020, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2020, 11:58 AMLago
What USF needs more than anything is a commander reshuffle: take some stuff from the overloaded commanders and distribute it to the off-meta ones.

Would love to see this.
5 Apr 2020, 13:22 PM

Would love to see this.

Ranger and upgunned Sherman's would be nice

5 Apr 2020, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2020, 03:23 AMCODGUY

Look I play plenty of ez mode verion 1, I know how eazy it is to kick hell out of lame ass Riflemen and use USF's pathetic tech tree against them. With USF you've got easily the worst starting game of any faction, nothing to work with. Riflemen? A mortar? LOL. The funny thing is as bad as Riflmen are and as easy as they are to counter, Pathfinders are even worse. But of course they cost 290 MP for unknown reasons.

As soon as you stop making bullshit excuses and quit pointing your trashy finger at everything else you'll do better.
5 Apr 2020, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2020, 11:43 AMGrim

I think that was an ardennes assault feature in the campaign
5 Apr 2020, 16:18 PM

I think that was an ardennes assault feature in the campaign

It was. It isn't anymore because it's broken :( no paths at all in AA anymore
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak