Login

russian armor

Caches for OKW

30 Mar 2020, 01:26 AM

Not caches but reminder that they had resource manipulation on the mechanised truck. You would convert fuel to muni or viceversa.

I remember... I miss that... It had the trade off of not being an equal exchange. You got more of what you wanted but less resources overall.
30 Mar 2020, 02:51 AM

I mean Puma has map hack at vet 5 and JP4 gets crazy good from camo. Luchs has suppression. Fusiliers get sprint. Kubel gets replaced by Konigstiger. Pretty good I'd say.

So a nerf for Kubel at Vet 5 then? :D
30 Mar 2020, 04:00 AM

Because OKW can call the super heavy tank - KT. Without any doctrines. Is there something similar in other factions? They also have the most aggressive start at the expense of the stormpioners. The best squad of engineers.
30 Mar 2020, 07:21 AM

OKW dont have it, but get IT
- non-doc MG
- non-doc medium AI tank
- normal fuel/muni income

After upcoming winter patch will be KT first heavy tank on the field.

So can we make IS-2 non-doc for Soviets?
30 Mar 2020, 09:45 AM

Or make the SdKfz221 buildable in T2
30 Mar 2020, 10:52 AM

Or make the SdKfz221 buildable in T2

Or make the Grayhound or M5 buildable in t2
30 Mar 2020, 10:55 AM
Modmaker Badge

Agree here. The issue is more every cache effects every team member instead of just the player planting it.

From design perspective, instead of being a source of passive income, they should be just a way to exchange manpower for fuel/munitions.

This way only the executing player receives the benefits and it doesn't screw up as much with the economy.
30 Mar 2020, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2020, 07:21 AMAradan
- non-doc MG
- non-doc medium AI tank

1. non-doc MG? But all faction have mg. Dont understand.
2. non-doc medium AI tank ALSO Heavy tank - KT
3. non doc elite infantry - obers (so can we make rangers or paratroops or soviet guard non-doc?)
4. non doc arty - walking stuka (so can we make callipe or land mattress non doc?)

Axis fans do not understand that buffs can be required for allied factions either.

30 Mar 2020, 11:39 AM

OKW does get caches in any game involving an OST player. You're only removing caches from pure OKW builds and 1v1.

Caches aren't viable in 1v1, so giving OKW caches is only really a buff to pure OKW 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4.

Given team composition is often at the mercy of the automatcher anyway, I think it's something worth considering.
30 Mar 2020, 12:11 PM

I think it would be interessting to test out. Either buildabe chaches or HQTrucks increasing income.

As others mentioned: the uniqueness is outdated. Therefore it might make an interesting change.

Test don´t hurt, do they?
30 Mar 2020, 20:03 PM

I think it could for Thorough Salvage commander ability,also I agree give OKW building upgrade make them be cache like COH1 UKF
30 Mar 2020, 23:45 PM

One of the tips on the loading screen mentions among other things that the luch's used to shoot at planes and that the okw trucks were caches the same as the brits in coh1.

Since okw got the transfer system that idea was most likely scrapped but now that the transfer system itself is gone okw is left without any sort of cache besides building multiple 222's(lol)
31 Mar 2020, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2020, 23:45 PMGGnore
One of the tips on the loading screen mentions among other things that the luch's used to shoot at planes and that the okw trucks were caches the same as the brits in coh1.

Since okw got the transfer system that idea was most likely scrapped but now that the transfer system itself is gone okw is left without any sort of cache besides building multiple 222's(lol)

Off topic: The luchs could shoot planes? wtf
31 Mar 2020, 18:28 PM

Off topic: The luchs could shoot planes? wtf

I don't think it ever could.
Not even in alpha.
31 Mar 2020, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2020, 18:28 PMKatitof

I don't think it ever could.
Not even in alpha.

Either do I but the tooltip was something along the lines of "the okw has many aa solutions available to them such as the flak ht, luch's and base 20mm flak's etc"

It makes sense to have it shoot at planes if the ostheer 222 can do aa since the luchs is basically a beefier 222 with the same gun, they probably removed its aa ability in the end since they had so many stock options with the base flak and schwere auto shooting down planes on release.
31 Mar 2020, 23:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2020, 22:32 PMGGnore

Either do I but the tooltip was something along the lines of "the okw has many aa solutions available to them such as the flak ht, luch's and base 20mm flak's etc"

It makes sense to have it shoot at planes if the ostheer 222 can do aa since the luchs is basically a beefier 222 with the same gun, they probably removed its aa ability in the end since they had so many stock options with the base flak and schwere auto shooting down planes on release.

It doesn't make sense. Luchs has much worse gun elevation than the 221/2/3 scout cars due to turret design. Honestly, the 222 shouldn't be able to shoot planes either with that dumb turret cover. I can see 221 and 223 being AA, though.

On topic: I like the flavor of salvage instead of cache. OKW floats manpower like no other faction, and giving them caches on top of that is a recipe for disaster.

+1 to caches benefitting builder player only
1 Apr 2020, 08:29 AM

If salvage is being kept instead of caches or any other solution, it needs to be improved.

Even though it costs nothing it highly depends on wether there is something to salvage. Getting only 5 or 15 fuel (Correct me, if i am wrong) depending on the wreck seems way to low and in some why unnecessary.

If you salvage enemy tank wrecks, you are likely to win the game anyway.

The enemy also can kill wrecks, so you dont even have the chance to wreck them at all.

Salvaging should give a decent amount of ammonition as well.

I would propose the following changes in that case:

light wreck: 10 fuel / 20 ammo
medium wreck: 30 fuel / 60 ammo
heavy wreck : 60 fuel / 100 ammo

This way, destroying wrecks would become a higher priority.

Furthermore the okw commander wreck ability would have to be reworked.
1 Apr 2020, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2020, 23:03 PMKasarov
+1 to caches benefitting builder player only

Almost.. I think it might be better to just exclude OKW from cache income, if possible.

Allied & Wehrmacht players could/should still share the bonus.
1 Apr 2020, 15:06 PM

If salvage is being kept instead of caches or any other solution, it needs to be improved.

Even though it costs nothing it highly depends on wether there is something to salvage. Getting only 5 or 15 fuel (Correct me, if i am wrong) depending on the wreck seems way to low and in some why unnecessary.

If you salvage enemy tank wrecks, you are likely to win the game anyway.

The enemy also can kill wrecks, so you dont even have the chance to wreck them at all.

Salvaging should give a decent amount of ammonition as well.

I would propose the following changes in that case:

light wreck: 10 fuel / 20 ammo
medium wreck: 30 fuel / 60 ammo
heavy wreck : 60 fuel / 100 ammo

This way, destroying wrecks would become a higher priority.

Furthermore the okw commander wreck ability would have to be reworked.

That would be OP as fuck. Salvage a heavy wreck and get 1/3 of a Panther? Seems balanced.... Don't forget it also applies to team weapons making okw the best at denying them. It has its perks but suddenly making it so okw can instantly get more fuel that an air drop doctrinal ability would absolutely destroy balance.
1 Apr 2020, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2020, 07:21 AMAradan
- non-doc MG
- non-doc medium AI tank

The MG34 is arguably the worst MG in the game in both suppressive power and lethality of bullets.

Luchs is pretty powerful true, but got nothin on the T-70

Something does need to be changed about that but...balance....ugh. Does the salvage make up for the difference? Difficult question.

KT is sadly a slow moving deathtrap these days. Not sure if even a 425 armor buff would be enough, judging by how my 450 armor JgdT got vaporised last night repeatedly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★