Login

russian armor

OKW AI and panzer authorization

18 Mar 2020, 22:47 PM

During the noob tournament, I notice that the AI that replaced a dropped player didn’t build any tanks because it didn’t purchase the Panzer authorization upgrade.

Is this a one time thing or a bug?
19 Mar 2020, 09:24 AM

Last night I played vs Expert AI with a buddy and we were both a little suprised the AI kept making P2 & Puma's untill he could make the KingTiger.

Not buying the Panzer Authorisation would explain why AI OKW doesn't build P4/P5.
19 Mar 2020, 09:38 AM

IIRC OKW AI does buy panzer authorization sometimes, but it's not very keen on doing so, definitely needs to be looked at (if something can be done about it).

Tbh, I wouldn't mind reverting the schwerer hq change, I still rarely see obers being bought earlier, cuz without their lmgs it just doesn't worth it.
One advantage the change had is that if you loose the HQ while being constructed, then you only lose 60 fuel instead of 120... but after a few such occurences okw players should learn to be more careful with their hq placement. Also, the flak is not available immediately, so it's defenseless.
19 Mar 2020, 10:00 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Fix: In ai_economy/complete: 'ai_economy_bag/player_upgrades', add the new upgrade with an utility value of 1000.

I implemented this in my mod and the AI always buy all tech upgrades now.
19 Mar 2020, 13:20 PM
Modmaker Badge

Fix: In ai_economy/complete: 'ai_economy_bag/player_upgrades', add the new upgrade with an utility value of 1000.

I implemented this in my mod and the AI always buy all tech upgrades now.

Out of curiosity - would that mean that the AI would build that specific upgrade 100% of the time?
19 Mar 2020, 14:39 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2020, 13:20 PMOlekman
Out of curiosity - would that mean that the AI would build that specific upgrade 100% of the time?

All upgrades have a priority and the default value is 100. A higher utility increases the chance that the AI buys it. The value of 1000 forces the AI to buy this upgrade first when it has enough resources. So yes, that would be 100% of the time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★