Login

russian armor

Opinions on Urban Assault (1v1)

17 Mar 2020, 15:56 PM

So what’s the consensus on this doctrine for 1v1? Personally I switched over to it because I can’t make good use of Mechanized despite how OP the wc51 is, and I must say I find the doctrine incredibly powerful. Dozers for M4s turn them into more AI focused T34/85s, Rangers with Thompsons are amazing as a midgame spike and get so many wipes, cover to cover is perfect for flanking strongpoints and stealing dropped team weapons or covering difficult retreats, and the Calliope is incredible at slowly picking apart MG spammers and wrecking AT walls.

I’ve jumped up to rank 69 with usf thanks to this doctrine and I’m curious as to what people think about it and whether it’s considered meta in 1v1 or am I sabotaging myself by not picking a better doctrine?
16 Jun 2020, 20:33 PM
Donator 11

Not sure why nobody answered but I truely like this doctrine too. But I am speaking rather from a teamgame perspective. In addition to what you already mentioned, the incendiary also make grenade tech not as urgent anymore.

My only trouble with it is the lack of dedicated anti armor abilities. Besides the Buldozer, which is ok-ish as a meatshield, there is nothing in it to help the late game against Axis heavies. Zooked Rangers are very costly.

I would say in a 1v1 the lack of mines would bother me the most. Does it not?

9 Jul 2020, 06:11 AM

My buddy swears by it. I think its because of how strong it is in the early game. Dominate the early game, gain map control, and its hard for your opponent to come back. But he plays VERY aggresive with them.

That being said, I kind of suck with this doctrine. Besides the above, the RE grenades upgrade is kind of cool, but they seem to die a lot for me when used against infantry. Would be better if it was a cheaper upgrade (getting both these and Bazookas out quickly gets expensive fast). The phosphorous rounds are okayish, but they never seem to help as much as I feel they should. Personally I find it all a bit too "fiddly" for my liking. The microing with the USF is already pretty tough, this doctrine just makes it worse. I think it comes down to how good you are with your micro and managing all the special abilities it gives you.

UberHanz is right, but there's always the M36 I suppose. -_-

And since you mentioned Mechanized & the Jeep:
Oddly enough, I'm actually much better at Mechanized and the Jeep, but that is just one unit I need to baby sit and I find the Jeep is pretty easy to use if you stay at range and only engage infantry that can't hurt it easily. My tip for Jeep use: never take your eyes off it unless it is parked or moving to somewhere "safe". It's not hard for me to get rank 3 Jeeps this way. Once I start running out of easy targets to kill, I turn the gun off and let it do spotting work from behind my AT guns. Oh and Cavalry Rifleman are best boys; great for both dominating infantry in CQC as well as their vehicle demo charges. ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS