Login

russian armor

Have they considered properly balancing Panzergrenadiers?

12 Mar 2020, 20:04 PM

code AI Royal engineer and penal to use their snare

better E8

Free (pop cap) okw Anti-air base atleat make it cost some ammo to shoot the plane.

a little bit longer fuse for all super grenades (gammon,bundle)

12 Mar 2020, 20:22 PM

cod guy is absolutely right

have the mod team considered to give panzer green a bow instead of a fire arm ?
12 Mar 2020, 21:51 PM

The only thing I would argue is slightly too strong about P-Grens in maybe how early they come out and their grenade being insane for 35 muni, although grenades are broken in general.
12 Mar 2020, 22:28 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

code AI Royal engineer and penal to use their snare

better E8

Free (pop cap) okw Anti-air base atleat make it cost some ammo to shoot the plane.

a little bit longer fuse for all super grenades (gammon,bundle)

Think ur in the wrong thread my guy :)
13 Mar 2020, 10:03 AM

Pzgrens are only an issue in teamgames if no one has access to rocket arty.
16 Mar 2020, 02:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2020, 03:11 AMCODGUY

3 sqauds will give you 6x Shreks and 6x Stg44s plus the bundle grenade for each of them. That is not safe to approach with anything. Paratroopers can fight them at range with M1919s and Shocks might do okay because they are 6 men and have decent armor. Everything else dies. T34s, Shermans, Cromwells, Riflemen, Cons, Infantry Sections.

With Panzerfizilers for example you've got only bolt action rifles with double schreks so their AI suffers. Panzergrens start out with and retain their StGs and bundle grenades. It's like Rangers starting out with Thompsons at CP1 with every USF doctrine.

6 X STGs for just 1020MP and 300 muni and a quarter of your pop cap? Wow sign me up.

3 seconds later you're down to 4 STGs. 10 seconds into the engagement you're down to 0 STGs.

Assuming Normal AI micro abilities, 2 Vet 0 Conscripts will handily beat 3 X Pgrens with Shrecks.

You only need to kill 1 model to reduce a squad's AI capability by 50%. Panzershrecks are kept in favoured of STGs, in case you didn't know.

You're pretty much the only person in the world who complains about the AI on Pgrens holding shrecks.

Their DPS is so terrible that vet 3 Pgrens with Shrecks might actually lose to Vet 0 Cons.
16 Mar 2020, 03:14 AM
Benefactor 392

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2020, 02:10 AMCODGUY
Some obvious problems with this unit: CODGUY needs to get gud
16 Mar 2020, 12:14 PM

Maybe we should organise a boot camp for him/her? :)

But it might just show how hermetic the game has become to new players. Maybe too many things are counterintuitive. Once you get used to them you take them for granted, but initially they are frustrating.
16 Mar 2020, 17:19 PM

Simply the riflemen can perfectly handle a blob of PzGren Shreks

plus that implies that the player spent 1020MP and 300 muni, a number of brutal OST resources that can even fail against certain allied tanks, why? because they lose models almost instantly and squads with 2 models have low DPS, and that's true for Grens too, at that point in the game a USF player already has veteran units with weapon upgrades that are superior to any OST counterpart and this is one of the reasons why ineffective using blobs with OST (I said OST not OKW), you think like many of the USF players (Blobs + TD) that's why you think that some squads of PzGrens + Shreks eliminate everything in front of them but no, OST is a faction that inevitably leaves the infantry in the background and relies on support weapons, tanks, and doctrinal skills and not on blobs, at least that's my opinion.
17 Mar 2020, 07:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2020, 03:11 AMCODGUY

3 sqauds will give you 6x Shreks and 6x Stg44s plus the bundle grenade for each of them. That is not safe to approach with anything. Paratroopers can fight them at range with M1919s and Shocks might do okay because they are 6 men and have decent armor. Everything else dies. T34s, Shermans, Cromwells, Riflemen, Cons, Infantry Sections.

With Panzerfizilers for example you've got only bolt action rifles with double schreks so their AI suffers. Panzergrens start out with and retain their StGs and bundle grenades. It's like Rangers starting out with Thompsons at CP1 with every USF doctrine.

Lol, have you tried anything else besides blobbing to counter this strategy?

A single MG will do it for you.
17 Mar 2020, 07:26 AM

But it might just show how hermetic the game has become to new players. Maybe too many things are counterintuitive. Once you get used to them you take them for granted, but initially they are frustrating.

No truer point has been spoken. I have played all relics games since DOWII. I am a fan, so I learn and play. I tried to get my friends into my favourite RTS. They refuse to play COH2, due to how unintuitive it is to the average player who like the WWII setting, yet doesn't have a degree in history (Ie, they expect Axis to be quality vs the allies quantity.

They seem to think that soviets have the numbers advantage, yet also have more elite troops and superior armour, when they ask what their advantage is, all I reply is "cleverness and combined arms".

"what range do I beat riflemen?"

You don't. Outnumber them or rifle grenade.

"as Germany?"

Yes.

"Do I beat conscripts with grenadiers?"

Only if you're in green cover and they advance and fire across open ground.

As axis, you can only wait for your opponent to make mistakes, its much harder to take the initiative.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★