Login

russian armor

T-34 Ram

5 Mar 2020, 21:13 PM

I think it would make this more of a trade-off than it is; I personally am sympathetic to those not wanting to nerf or remove this ability but making it a vet 1 ability would make this more like the desperate act that it should be than a 300mp 90fu snare.

What is trade off for using blitz or comabt blitz? What is trade off for radio net? What is trade off for cromwells shot? Do any of these make you lose a tank?
5 Mar 2020, 21:18 PM

What is trade off for using blitz or comabt blitz? What is trade off for radio net? What is trade off for cromwells shot? Do any of these make you lose a tank?

They are also less likely to cripple another tank, and exist on generally more expensive units. I have said before - I am sympathetic to retaining T-34 ram as is, but the criticism of the ability as it is currently implemented does not seem unfounded to me, and a vet requirement would intrinsically make this ability more difficult and somewhat more situational to pull off by virtue of vetting a tank to that level. All the same, vetting a T-34 is not an extremely difficult task.
5 Mar 2020, 22:16 PM

They are also less likely to cripple another tank, and exist on generally more expensive units. I have said before - I am sympathetic to retaining T-34 ram as is, but the criticism of the ability as it is currently implemented does not seem unfounded to me, and a vet requirement would intrinsically make this ability more difficult and somewhat more situational to pull off by virtue of vetting a tank to that level. All the same, vetting a T-34 is not an extremely difficult task.

Honestly at this point we might as well remove the ability in favor of something different. I'm not denying it's effectivness but a sacrifice-ability in a game with focus on unit preservation seems counter-intuitive. It makes even less sense on t34/85.
6 Mar 2020, 05:42 AM

I think it would make this more of a trade-off than it is; I personally am sympathetic to those not wanting to nerf or remove this ability but making it a vet 1 ability would make this more like the desperate act that it should be than a 300mp 90fu snare.

This will make her an even more stupid ability. Now it’s just a suicide ability in a game that is based on gaining experience and maintaining the unit. With vet, this will be even more ridiculous - you put your control into it, saved it, got vet which should give even greater survival. But instead, get the opportunity to make him suicide. No, moving a ram into vet is one of the worst ideas I've heard.
6 Mar 2020, 06:04 AM

I think making the Ram a Skill shot would probably be the best solution if you don't want to touch the rocket strafe. However, the actual best solution would be to nerf the rocket strafe. Nerfing Ram because of Airborn cheese is like nerfing Grenadiers because G43s are too good.
6 Mar 2020, 15:50 PM

I think making the Ram a Skill shot would probably be the best solution if you don't want to touch the rocket strafe. However, the actual best solution would be to nerf the rocket strafe. Nerfing Ram because of Airborn cheese is like nerfing Grenadiers because G43s are too good.

I imagine coding that would be a lot more complicated than changing some damage values

Probably impossible even
6 Mar 2020, 19:51 PM

It’s one of the few ways to deal with the brain dead meta stall of the tigers. Definitely no change needed
11 Mar 2020, 14:00 PM

I think removing ram from 34/85 and giving it some other ability is a good change. Ability like increasing its moving accuracy by 30%, available at vet 1 costs 30mu. It still won't be on par with what Shermans have, but will emphasize t34/85's offensive role.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★