Login

russian armor

Stormtroopers 5th man at vet3?

4 Mar 2020, 17:32 PM

Permanently Banned

Why do you keep acting like Thompson Paras and stormtroopers are the same type of unit? One has 4 men and stealth, the other has 6 and no stealth...

You're literally comparing it to an assault squad....

Because the commandos which ARE comparable to storms get a ambush bonus for free.
4 Mar 2020, 18:18 PM

Because the commandos which ARE comparable to storms get a ambush bonus for free.

And? That has nothing to do with you comparing them to thompson paras
4 Mar 2020, 21:54 PM

I never said to use them like an assualt squad. I just wanted the tac assault ability to be a bit more potent or less counterable, because u can just hit retreat and the enemy squad will suffer little damage while even hitting retreat from a thompson para squad using tactical assault you're still likely to suffer a wipe.

Why does "retreat or get wiped" need to be more potent? How could you possibly make it more potent and still be balanced? At worst, by your own accoumt the enemy is heading to base, at best it aint going anywhere ever again. There are abilities that can only do the former and if i recall cost more than 25mu...
If the counter is to run a way its a pretty fucking good ability...
4 Mar 2020, 22:32 PM

Permanently Banned

If the counter is to run a way its a pretty fucking good ability...

The thing is, if you attack normally, the squad would run away anyways. Except when thompson paras pop the ability, you'll get basically a guaranteed squad wipe regardless of what the enemy squad does. Meanwhile, mp40 storms might get just an extra man killed compared to just normally attacking the squad. Essentially u pay 25 munis to kill an extra man, while thompson paras pay 20 for a squad wipe. I've done it so many times with the paras, it's almost unfair, I just get them on your retreat path, wait for the retreat and pop the ability on even a fairly healthy retreating squad, then squad wipe. It's pretty damn easy to get on a squad's retreat path.
4 Mar 2020, 22:47 PM

The thing is, if you attack normally, the squad would run away anyways. Except when thompson paras pop the ability, you'll get basically a guaranteed squad wipe regardless of what the enemy squad does. Meanwhile, mp40 storms might get just an extra man killed compared to just normally attacking the squad. Essentially u pay 25 munis to kill an extra man, while thompson paras pay 20 for a squad wipe. I've done it so many times with the paras, it's almost unfair, I just get them on your retreat path, wait for the retreat and pop the ability on even a fairly healthy retreating squad, then squad wipe. It's pretty damn easy to get on a squad's retreat path.

How is this not something stormtroopers can do?
4 Mar 2020, 23:54 PM

So the complaint is that the 90mu upgrade is more effective than the free one...?
5 Mar 2020, 01:54 AM

So the complaint is that the 90mu upgrade is more effective than the free one...?

Are you guys drunk? Why the hell is there a thompson paras and Stormtroopers comparison? These two couldn’t be any more different. Stormtroopers are a fragile ambush squad while thompson paras are the best/2nd best assault squad in the game. Muni investment in upgrades is completely irrelevant, different factions/roles/designs.

So you want a Stormtroopers buff.

No
5 Mar 2020, 04:56 AM

Are you guys drunk? Why the hell is there a thompson paras and Stormtroopers comparison? These two couldn’t be any more different. Stormtroopers are a fragile ambush squad while thompson paras are the best/2nd best assault squad in the game. Muni investment in upgrades is completely irrelevant, different factions/roles/designs.

Only incendiaryrounds was making the comparison. The cost was brought up specifically to make the same point you just did, its one of many things about the units that is completely different

He also was complaining about a 5 munitions difference between Tac Advance and Tac Assault, so bringing up 90 muni vs. free upgrade was totally relevant
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★