Login

russian armor

How to reducing USF's reliance on Jackson

29 Feb 2020, 16:12 PM

Could just make the 76mm Sherman non-doc. Nobody uses it in Mechanized anyways.

That's only because of the abominable Bulldozer upgrade.
29 Feb 2020, 17:24 PM

Due to sparse time, I could not follow the complete discussion, but I'd like to chime in with an idea that at least recently has not been made:

Why not just nerf the Jacksons mobility? I actually don't see much reason why the Jackson has to be as mobile as it is. High pen, yes, very good reasons for that. High ROF, also reasonable. But high mobility? USF ATG is as mobile as every other ATG in the game, then they have highly mobile Bazooka squads. The only reason why the Jackson "should" be able to scoot around the battlefield like it does today is to fit everything to the mobile design of USF.

Now I don't want to make it as slow as a Churchill or something, but what about SU85/Firefly level (from 6,5 to approx 5,5) and also a bit slower rotation?

It would bring it quite close to the Firefly then design wise, but that would make the Jackson more susceptible to dives and flanks while keeping the very much needed offensive capabilities. At the moment it can drive away from a P4 (P4 speed is 6,3 for OST and 6,0 for OKW version), at least that should not be possible.

+10000 this

If the issue with Jackson is how it's supposedly OP vs mediums then nerf turret rotation and speed so it can't shoot and scoot constantly vs P4s and they can have a better chance to close in or flank. Much like they already can vs current FF that struggles in such situations.

Nerfing pen and RoF just results in USF being bullied by heavies again, for all the crying for pen nerfs I don't see the logic. When Jackson couldn't reliably pen they were just getting rolled into a corner and blown up as soon as tiger or KT showed up.

For like almost a year the only answer USF had to heavies was skill plane P47s or getting lucky with massed old easy eights. Now both those old options are nerfed from their former glory.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★