Login

russian armor

USF Doctrinal T0 units and alternatives to Riflemen.

28 Feb 2020, 07:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 06:15 AMRiley

What a unique opportunity. gunfire! I didn’t think that axis fans would get to that. The kubel can be restored very quickly with the stormtroopers, and the riflemans will bleed again. You can’t catch the kubel. When I take a universal car, playing against OKW, they always use raketen. Why? After all, a universal car is also made of paper

Now I know what we can say to the ardent haters of Jackson. "U have gunfire, just use it and destroy because its made of paper".

Spot on. Those stinky axis haters. Kubel has much faster speed than rifles while a P4 drive about as fast as Jackson.

So its gunfire without the pace.
28 Feb 2020, 08:36 AM

What a unique opportunity. gunfire! I didn’t think that axis fans would get to that. The kubel can be restored very quickly with the stormtroopers, and the riflemans will bleed again. You can’t catch the kubel. When I take a universal car, playing against OKW, they always use raketen. Why? After all, a universal car is also made of paper

Try not to think of it as "axis fans" or "allies fans"; most good players play all factions.

As for repairing the Kubel; that's how early game vehicles work. They're incredibly fragile, but repairing them is free. Same goes for the UC, M3, or any other vehicle that early in the game.

If OKW is fielding a rak that early, it means they're down a squad. USF is generally supposed to be on equal footing, or one squad ahead, of their opponents, so use your numbers advantage. The Rak also only does 160 damage, which means it can't 1-shot any early-game vehicles, since they all have 200hp or more. It only becomes a real issue once it hits vet 1, since it can then fire at point blank (from cloak), giving very little time to escape from other damage sources (i.e. volks/PFs/etc.).

Now I know what we can say to the ardent haters of Jackson. "U have gunfire, just use it and destroy because its made of paper".

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 07:13 AMmrgame2
Spot on. Those stinky axis haters. Kubel has much faster speed than rifles while a P4 drive about as fast as Jackson.

So its gunfire without the pace.

This is pretty much an argument in 'bad faith'. A rifle squad has a 33%/53% chance (front/rear) to pen at kubel at max range, and when considering the full squads rate of fire, it means they can destroy a kubel quite quickly (kubel has 240hp, each rifle hit does 8dmg, and there's 5 of them). Even though you're 'joking', the M36's 60 rear armor gives Grens a 1.667% chance to pen at point blank. They're not comparable in any sense.
28 Feb 2020, 09:09 AM

...Even though you're 'joking', the M36's 60 rear armor gives Grens a 1.667% chance to pen at point blank. They're not comparable in any sense.

Just to clarify, the game does not "roll" chances bellow 3%, vehicles with armor above 30 are immune to weapon with penetration of 1.
28 Feb 2020, 09:10 AM

Well that's the point, by the time rangers show up there's usually 2 vet 2 lmg grens on the field.

My point is unless nearly every conceivable advantage is afforded to the grenadiers, the rangers win.
28 Feb 2020, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 09:10 AMSerrith

My point is unless nearly every conceivable advantage is afforded to the grenadiers, the rangers win.

well then, i guess we should see plenty of rangers in usf vs ost games.
28 Feb 2020, 11:00 AM

Ah, more posts in a thread about USF. I wonder what insightful, interesting and unique perspectives I will read about that will give me new appreciation for the unique game mechanics and...

Dear God...
28 Feb 2020, 11:59 AM

I have so much fun looking at the trolling of these wonderful and loyal fans of osther and okw. 4 answers at once. Are my words about the ordinary kubel so annoying you?

And I’ll probably take your notes as well.
1. This is not a threat.
2. Use Gunfire.
3. The cover system allows you to fire back at kubels reliably without taking not a single loss. (Although I talked about pushing infantry)

All advice. If someone says that m36 is OP, answer 1 and 2 with paragraph.

28 Feb 2020, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 11:59 AMRiley
I have so much fun looking at the trolling of these wonderful and loyal fans of osther and okw. 4 answers at once. Are my words about the ordinary kubel so annoying you?

And I’ll probably take your notes as well.
1. This is not a threat.
2. Use Gunfire.
3. The cover system allows you to fire back at kubels reliably without taking not a single loss. (Although I talked about pushing infantry)

All advice. If someone says that m36 is OP, answer 1 and 2 with paragraph.

If you can't deal with Kubel as UKF, you'Il have 0 cp Assault Sections as an option next patch, which will kill it in about 3 seconds, just as Assault Engineers do currently.
28 Feb 2020, 16:55 PM

If you can't deal with Kubel as UKF, you'Il have 0 cp Assault Sections as an option next patch, which will kill it in about 3 seconds, just as Assault Engineers do currently

UKF's the last faction that'd have trouble with the Kubel. It's got the Universal Carrier.
28 Feb 2020, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 16:55 PMLago

UKF's the last faction that'd have trouble with the Kubel. It's got the Universal Carrier.

Soviets have 6man squads, super early snares with sprint if they want and the M3A1. They have it easier than anyone.

USF does struggle a bit if the Kubel kites properly, but one good flank forces a repair and has a big negative effect on the okw player by forcing the Spios to spend time repairing the Kubel.
28 Feb 2020, 17:45 PM

well then, i guess we should see plenty of rangers in usf vs ost games.

Thats not how it works. Just because a unit can do one thing well doesn't mean it is picked just for that thing. The reasons a unit is taken or not taken is usually more complex than just "This unit beats this one other specific unit."

Why do you need rangers when a double bar rifleman can already bully grenadiers?
28 Feb 2020, 21:45 PM

I can't believe people are complaining about RM/Kubel matchup tbh. I would much rather deal with Kubelwagens than VG blobs; after you tech into LT or even captain all those Kubelwagens are effectively useless, if you haven't already killed one by just bringing two squads of RM together for a minute or two.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★