Login

russian armor

Raketens are too good

PAGES (10)down
28 Mar 2020, 15:34 PM

And the fact that every tank 2 shot it frontaly ... is that also reflected?

While Zis tanking 5 Tiger shots...

Other at guns can be killed by tanks too, especially when they are close to them. My point is, it can retreat and it makes it more surviable. Other at guns can't do that. Thus, Ilits survaiability imo is similar to other at guns, with the exception of ZiS. IMO Pak with 4 men crew is generally less survivable. But most importantly - rak got buffed and it should be more expensive imo.
28 Mar 2020, 16:10 PM

Other at guns can be killed by tanks too, especially when they are close to them. My point is, it can retreat and it makes it more surviable. Other at guns can't do that. Thus, Ilits survaiability imo is similar to other at guns, with the exception of ZiS. IMO Pak with 4 men crew is generally less survivable. But most importantly - rak got buffed and it should be more expensive imo.

It got a price increase also and some nerfs:
Buffs:
Range from 50 to 55
Crew size from 4 to 5

Nerfs:
Cost from 270 to 290
Camouflage ability now locks the unit in place unless revealed. Cannot move, but can rotate
Requires veterancy 1 for camouflage

28 Mar 2020, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2020, 16:10 PMVipper

It got a price increase also and some nerfs:
Buffs:
Range from 50 to 55
Crew size from 4 to 5

Nerfs:
Cost from 270 to 290
Camouflage ability now locks the unit in place unless revealed. Cannot move, but can rotate
Requires veterancy 1 for camouflage

I understand. Still, I believe that for two above reasons (1. less manpower OKW will have to spend on infantry; 2. those extra abilities including retrat) it should cost as much as other anti tank guns.
28 Mar 2020, 16:36 PM

It's the worst AT gun and that's a fact.

Shouldn't it be? Its in the HQ and its the cheapest besides 57mm which often needs muni to work

ZiS gun isn't much better at AT... It has the barrage to add utility but its not much better at its job
28 Mar 2020, 16:48 PM

Shouldn't it be?

Don't turn the argument towards whether it should be the worst, I just said it IS the worst.
28 Mar 2020, 16:49 PM

I understand. Still, I believe that for two above reasons (1. less manpower OKW will have to spend on infantry; 2. those extra abilities including retrat) it should cost as much as other anti tank guns.

Making RW to "reduce" the manpower of OKW is a step in the wrong direction because their that will force allies to use WC51/m3 to gain advantage.

If OKW need less manpower simply lower the starting manpower. (alternatively increase cost VG or time to build.)

RW does not "extra" abilities camo comes at vet 1 and it needs to reach vet 3 to even get a first strike bonus.

If you want to talk about "extra ability" you can look at cheaper M-42 with vet 0 camo that can move/vet 0 first strike bonus/canister shot.
28 Mar 2020, 16:50 PM

I think the lack of gunshield, horrific traverse speed, 3 secs minimum to fire after setting up, lack of reverse key (meaning retreating clumps you up for a moment making you vulnerable to grenades when other ATGs just reverse quickly) and bad reload time make it the worst AT gun.

I don't think it is the worst. I feel that OKW can field too many infantry units early game. If their AT costs a bit more it should be better for the gameplay and make it more even. I want the OKW player to if they risk more infantry squads or an AT gun. Secondly, overall I feel that the rak got buffed (range now makes it more deadly). I'd rather make it even slightly better but also more expensive reach this end.

Shame we never got the Panzerjager commander with the Pak40 for OKW...

I'd like that - especially because allies play against only two armies - it would give them more options to calculate into their battleplans. Now they seem to be playing mainly against OKW.
28 Mar 2020, 16:53 PM

Don't turn the argument towards whether it should be the worst, I just said it IS the worst.

You also said it's abhorrent and it takes 3 seconds to fire. Neither of those things are true imo, idk where you are getting 3 seconds from
28 Mar 2020, 16:53 PM

I feel that OKW can field too many infantry units early game. If their AT costs a bit more it should be better for the gameplay and make it more even. I want the OKW player to if they risk more infantry squads or an AT gun.

Dude stop. My eyes hurt.

You also said it's abhorrent and it takes 3 seconds to fire. Neither of those things are true imo, idk where you are getting 3 seconds from

Yeah that's my experience with it. Disagree all you want, I ain't changing it. The unit sucks a$$ IN MY HUMBLE HONEST OPINION!
28 Mar 2020, 16:58 PM

Yeah that's my experience with it. Disagree all you want, I ain't changing it. The unit sucks a$$ IN MY HUMBLE HONEST OPINION!

You are welcome to your opinion about it being abhorrent, but it does not take 3 seconds to fire
28 Mar 2020, 17:01 PM

You are welcome to your opinion about it being abhorrent, but it does not take 3 seconds to fire

You set up the raketen, a vehicle is at the edge of the cone. The raketen from completion of the set up bar to actually taking the shot will take about 3 seconds. In the same situation the USF M1 ATG will take about 0.5secs. If you don't believe me go test it.
28 Mar 2020, 17:03 PM

You set up the raketen, a vehicle is at the edge of the cone. The raketen from completion of the set up bar to actually taking the shot will take about 3 seconds. In the same situation the USF M1 ATG will take about 0.5secs. If you don't believe me go test it.

But USF at gun is also too cheap.
28 Mar 2020, 17:09 PM

This isn't what you said before, you said in ANY situation:

I think the lack of gunshield, horrific traverse speed, 3 secs minimum to fire after setting up, lack of reverse key (meaning retreating clumps you up for a moment making you vulnerable to grenades when other ATGs just reverse quickly) and bad reload time make it the worst AT gun.

Put a ZiS gun in the same "situation", its tracking is just as bad as Raks (their horizontal speed is exactly the same)
28 Mar 2020, 17:17 PM

Having just tested this, they both take about 3 seconds to shoot.
28 Mar 2020, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2020, 17:17 PMsuora

Having just tested this, they both take about 3 seconds to shoot.

I've seen live action M1 immediately set up and fire at a vehicle at the very edge of its cone. If it's not 100% of the time then it's a bug or something, but it definitely happens and I've lost LVs to it.

This isn't what you said before, you said in ANY situation:

Yes well I clarified now.
28 Mar 2020, 17:44 PM

RW has longer aim times:
RW
Fire aim time near 0.25 - 0.38
Fire aim time mid 0.25 - 0.38
Fire aim time far 0.25 - 0.38

m1
Fire aim time near 0.13
Fire aim time mid 0.13
Fire aim time far 0.13

zis
Fire aim time near 0.13 - 0.25
Fire aim time mid 0.13 - 0.25
Fire aim time far 0.13 - 0.25
28 Mar 2020, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2020, 17:44 PMVipper
RW has loner aim times:
RW
Fire aim time near 0.25 - 0.38
Fire aim time mid 0.25 - 0.38
Fire aim time far 0.25 - 0.38

m1
Fire aim time near 0.13
Fire aim time mid 0.13
Fire aim time far 0.13

zis
Fire aim time near 0.13 - 0.25
Fire aim time mid 0.13 - 0.25
Fire aim time far 0.13 - 0.25

Rak also has slower tracking speed (12) than M1 (18).
28 Mar 2020, 17:55 PM

I've seen live action M1 immediately set up and fire at a vehicle at the very edge of its cone. If it's not 100% of the time then it's a bug or something, but it definitely happens and I've lost LVs to it.

Having also just tested it at no point was I able to recreate a situation where the m1 shot 2.5 seconds earlier than the Rak. Nothing even close to that
28 Mar 2020, 17:57 PM

Having also just tested it at no point was I able to recreate a situation where the m1 shot 2.5 seconds earlier than the Rak. Nothing even close to that

I see it quite often, I'll make a video next time I see it and present it to the community. I was close to tilting enough to make it last time I saw it, so next time I'll make it.
28 Mar 2020, 18:03 PM

I see it quite often, I'll make a video next time I see it and present it to the community.

Why? What is your point?

That the Rak isn't as good as M1? Okay? M1 is the best AT gun in the game, as long as you spend 30 muni every time

The numbers above don't support a 2.5 second difference either
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight