Login

russian armor

Raketens are too good

PAGES (10)down
13 Mar 2020, 22:42 PM

Now take that and lose 25mun lol that is Faust-bug. xDDD

You can still lose resources with the Riflemen bug....?
13 Mar 2020, 22:43 PM

You can still lose resources with the Riflemen bug....?

You can? Shouldn't it simply reset?
13 Mar 2020, 22:55 PM

You can? Shouldn't it simply reset?

Yeah you can. No not always. Play USF

This thread is about the Rak, we've gone on long enough here. Volks snares are fine and have nothing to do with the discussion
14 Mar 2020, 03:26 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Revert the range buff, it didn't need it. Leave the extra man and retreat.
14 Mar 2020, 08:11 AM

Isn't it possible to give back pfaust to volks but do not apply the engine critical until a truck is set-up?
Then increase raketen to 320?

Raketen losing the retreat ability would be wise if not.
14 Mar 2020, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 08:11 AMEsxile
Isn't it possible to give back pfaust to volks but do not apply the engine critical until a truck is set-up?
Then increase raketen to 320?

Raketen losing the retreat ability would be wise if not.

Give back?
Let me remind you that volks didn't had faust at all until the current solution was implemented.
14 Mar 2020, 11:21 AM

Raketens are no-fly zone for stock mediums.Every raketen shots is penetrating t-34 and sherman.Open a room for stock mediums aganist raketen madness.
14 Mar 2020, 13:01 PM

Raketens are no-fly zone for stock mediums.Every raketen shots is penetrating t-34 and sherman.Open a room for stock mediums aganist raketen madness.

You are supposed to make room. With your own infantry. Which the rak isn't so good against
14 Mar 2020, 13:52 PM

”X faction ATG” are no-fly zone for stock mediums.Every “X faction ATG” shots is penetrating “Y faction medium”.Open a room for stock mediums aganist “X faction ATG” madness.

Fixed
15 Mar 2020, 19:48 PM

Raketenwerfer is so cheap, because Faust is locked behind tech. Change that and Püppchen can be changed/nerfed etc.

Beside, there is no need for lock Volk's faust behind tech. It has less range than Ostheer's version and every dive-in e.g. with early carrier is something shouldn't happen. Why not simply change Volks with Panzerfüsiliere? With some adjustements. -> 1st Panzerfüseliers are worse in close-combat than Volks, so Sturmgrens role get more clear. 2nd AT-rifle-nade is worse than Faust (DPS) so alliies early verhicles get higher chance to flee than versus Ostheer. 3rd. with UHU-change search-rife-nade would fill the role of old UHU.

For me it looks like better desighned line-up.

I'm not sure - imo the oppressive level of OKW infantry advantage early game should be balanced by their lack of early game AT. I'd make racketenwerfer 320 just to make sure OKW can't keep buing so many infantry units early game. Lookin at current puppchen stats that seems more than fair.

I'd never use ostheer as an example here as overall army strenth of ostheer vs OKW is extremely different. Ostheer is simply so much less effective that their faust seems to be a really necessay stopgap AT measure early game (they build a structure to get grens in the first place and they need to tech and build another structure to get the pak)
16 Mar 2020, 14:00 PM

It should have the highest pen of all AT guns, because historically it could pen anything the allies had iirc. It's the only latewar AT gun after all.

Correct.

Higher than PAK43/88. Higher than Allied 17 Pounder Emplacement.
16 Mar 2020, 20:09 PM

Correct.

Higher than PAK43/88. Higher than Allied 17 Pounder Emplacement.

Might be historically correct, but it's not at all correct based on it's role in CoH2

Why does anyone bring realism/history into these discussions? Once you see medium tanks of any kind requiring 4 penetrating shots to kill, you should know damn well that history and realism aren't the main factors in balance
16 Mar 2020, 21:30 PM

Getting rid of retreat would fix the last bits of the cheese with this unit.
17 Mar 2020, 07:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 03:26 AMTobis
Revert the range buff, it didn't need it. Leave the extra man and retreat.

Then how would this AT gun function? Please answer this genuinely.

At 50 range, the only way to get it to work was to sneak it into 50 range with stealth cheese.

Stop trying to "fix" things. You're only breaking them more.

How I counter vehicles as OKW? Mines, Mines, and More Mines and with priority taking and decrewing allied AT guns for myself. How am I in a situation where it is preferable as OKW to use Pak, Zis, 57 mm M1 or 6-pdr?

Balance.
17 Mar 2020, 10:40 AM

I'm not sure - imo the oppressive level of OKW infantry advantage early game should be balanced by their lack of early game AT. I'd make racketenwerfer 320 just to make sure OKW can't keep buing so many infantry units early game. Lookin at current puppchen stats that seems more than fair.

I'd never use ostheer as an example here as overall army strenth of ostheer vs OKW is extremely different. Ostheer is simply so much less effective that their faust seems to be a really necessay stopgap AT measure early game (they build a structure to get grens in the first place and they need to tech and build another structure to get the pak)

new to the forums as a poster and I haven't played that much pvp recently because frankly the game balance infuriates me (at least when playing vs AI which is very different).

If you look at the game progression that lelic aimed for OKW is supposed to have early game supremacy and advantage over pretty much all other factions. I find the lack of supression in early okw gameplay really really annoying because of the lack of MG and the 251/17 being a questionable choice at least vs russians because of ptrs (pls nerf)

regarding Ost a faction i feel more inclined too at the moment, I just like the units more but the faction is really underpowered they should make grens t0 with the MG to make a battle phase 1 and t2 building more viable and maybe add another support unit in, maybe even pioneers since bunkers are more of a mid game thing?

in short I think the raketens are necessary because early allied halftracks are really really annoying and okw doesn't have an early MG already which I see as a big disadvantage because it makes it difficult for okw to set up.

I would like okw more if they reworked sturmpios and penals because at least in p vs expert AI penals are stupid strong.

also raketens are not just a shrek on a carriage because it has a breech, unlike a shrek which gives it much more range and accuracy.
17 Mar 2020, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2020, 10:40 AMBelgboi

new to the forums as a poster and I haven't played that much pvp recently because frankly the game balance infuriates me (at least when playing vs AI which is very different).

If you look at the game progression that lelic aimed for OKW is supposed to have early game supremacy and advantage over pretty much all other factions. I find the lack of supression in early okw gameplay really really annoying because of the lack of MG and the 251/17 being a questionable choice at least vs russians because of ptrs (pls nerf)

regarding Ost a faction i feel more inclined too at the moment, I just like the units more but the faction is really underpowered they should make grens t0 with the MG to make a battle phase 1 and t2 building more viable and maybe add another support unit in, maybe even pioneers since bunkers are more of a mid game thing?

in short I think the raketens are necessary because early allied halftracks are really really annoying and okw doesn't have an early MG already which I see as a big disadvantage because it makes it difficult for okw to set up.

I would like okw more if they reworked sturmpios and penals because at least in p vs expert AI penals are stupid strong.

also raketens are not just a shrek on a carriage because it has a breech, unlike a shrek which gives it much more range and accuracy.

My idea would be to create more detailed unit descriptions that really suggest how to use a given unit or what are its strengthes and weaknesses, since it may be really surprising to new (or even quite seasoned players) how the unit behaves in certain situations (like effectice range, unique abilities, whether its guns pin or not, etc)
17 Mar 2020, 15:46 PM

My idea would be to create more detailed unit descriptions that really suggest how to use a given unit or what are its strengthes and weaknesses, since it may be really surprising to new (or even quite seasoned players) how the unit behaves in certain situations (like effectice range, unique abilities, whether its guns pin or not, etc)

when i started playing this game after a good bit of heroes and generals, men of war assault squad 2 robz mod and warthunder i was pretty insulted at how they handled the game but especially vehicles.
The infantry weapons make no sense, the squad sizes are the biggest BS ever, the Puma is absolute BS and don't even get me started on stuff like the scott and stuart and stugs

this game is the definition of random game that has a visual ww2 flavour but has pretty much nothing in common with ww2 combat aside from the visuals
17 Mar 2020, 16:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2020, 07:05 AMNaOCl

Then how would this AT gun function? Please answer this genuinely.

The same way it always has, except now it has an extra man so doesn't get one shot.
Guess what, it moves faster out of cloak than it used to in cloak. Protect your raketens and don't send then up against infantry and they are amazing.
17 Mar 2020, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2020, 15:46 PMBelgboi

when i started playing this game after a good bit of heroes and generals, men of war assault squad 2 robz mod and warthunder i was pretty insulted at how they handled the game but especially vehicles.
The infantry weapons make no sense, the squad sizes are the biggest BS ever, the Puma is absolute BS and don't even get me started on stuff like the scott and stuart and stugs

this game is the definition of random game that has a visual ww2 flavour but has pretty much nothing in common with ww2 combat aside from the visuals

I like it a lot, though :) I really think decriptions would help a lot.

Coming back to a rak. It can retreat and has 5 men, which makes it really good. Either make it 50 range or increase the price. Too good for such a price, especially when compared to fragile pak. I'm more towards price increase as it would make OKW infantry less oppresive and delay it a bit more or make them more voulnerable to lights.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS