Login

russian armor

Regarding 1.2 and KT/IS2

25 Feb 2020, 13:16 PM

I tried the new Tiger in cheatcommands and it’s abhorrent. Panzer IV levels of anti infantry. I don’t see it lasting long in the meta.

I did the same and are you 100% sure we tested the same unit? o_O
MMX
25 Feb 2020, 15:37 PM

I tried the new Tiger in cheatcommands and it’s abhorrent. Panzer IV levels of anti infantry. I don’t see it lasting long in the meta.

well, having run the numbers already i'd call confirmation bias on that, but i'll reserve judgement until i've had time to do some actual ingame testing myself.
25 Feb 2020, 16:22 PM

Personally I think Tigers and IS2 were nerfed first because of synergy that made them a little more overbearing than Pershing (in more doctrines, IS2 had it's insane armor, tiger Ace and Panzer Commander further buffed accuracy on them in some commanders with additional Accuracy). I think it makes more sense to nerf them in 1.2 and then leave yourself wiggle room to roll back some nerfs if it proves too much in testing. Once you nail those down you can tone down Pershing AOE a bit to match the final-ish Tiger power level as it's probably a bit more balanced currently due to the handicaps already mentioned in this thread.
25 Feb 2020, 22:08 PM

The nerf to the Pershing's AOE doesn't have to be crazy, I still want the Pershing to be the best heavy against infantry but right now it absolutely nukes units. It may not be great in bigger team games but its a big problem in 1's and to some extent 2's. Although I would say more people would rather just play Double Soviets in 2's since the IS-2 is overall better.
26 Feb 2020, 02:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2020, 22:08 PMClarity
The nerf to the Pershing's AOE doesn't have to be crazy, I still want the Pershing to be the best heavy against infantry but right now it absolutely nukes units. It may not be great in bigger team games but its a big problem in 1's and to some extent 2's. Although I would say more people would rather just play Double Soviets in 2's since the IS-2 is overall better.

I don't think the Pershing will ever be as good in 3v3 and 4v4 as it will be in the 2 smaller modes. There's just too much AT to deal with and you can't give it more health and armor because its much more mobile.

Might as well just balance it around 1s and 2s and hope for the best, so it should also get an AOE nerf like the other heavies I feel

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★