Login

russian armor

Regarding 1.2 and KT/IS2

24 Feb 2020, 22:53 PM

Obviously since it has 80 less hp and 10% less armor it needs double the firepower.
24 Feb 2020, 22:55 PM

Pershing so OP that I saw the last one about 3 months ago :guyokay:
24 Feb 2020, 23:56 PM

Honestly, I think the Heavy Tanks being nerfed in AoE, armour nerfs and higher CP cost with nothing in return is a little unfair. Heavy Tanks have bothered me for a while now. A bigger gun that takes longer to reload but does the same damage as a Medium? Nearly all Tank Destroyers penetrate them from the front?

I don't know about you guys, but I believe we are overnerfing them... AoE nerfs I'm fine with but do we need to keep the frontal armour nerfs a few patches back on top of that? :/
25 Feb 2020, 00:55 AM

Nobody uses Pershing in 4v4. It is too low hp and arrmor in team games. It has shitty 45 range worse than panther.
Nerfing Pershing will kill usf only Pershing doc.
If you lose tiger to Pershing, you are doing it wrong.
Tiger besides is best AI tank because of its insane, almost unfair rof bonus

Lets be unbiased and see it as so. And stop following the crowd.
25 Feb 2020, 01:38 AM

IS-2 is the worst heavy in the game and will continue to be that until they actually make it not miss units 5 meters away from it. I wonder if KV-2 will be better when the changes go through, atleast it has massive aoe so it does damage when it constantly misses.

Yes, but as you might notice this forum does not care about input and experiences from good players.
25 Feb 2020, 01:48 AM

The Pershing doesn't need to have AI twice as good as the Tiger anyway since it already fills a shock unit niche that USF is missing stock. There's no reason why its AOE shouldn't be looked at too.
25 Feb 2020, 02:10 AM

The Pershing doesn't need to have AI twice as good as the Tiger anyway since it already fills a shock unit niche that USF is missing stock. There's no reason why its AOE shouldn't be looked at too.

No it shouldn't.
45 range and lower armor forces it to engage much closer to snares and shreks follow up.
Pershing is in a great spot now after the resources nerf to the 3 call in tanks in v1.1
25 Feb 2020, 03:26 AM

I don't think heavies should come too late. Around panther or comet timing is fine.

But if they're OP adjust the stats and price, especially stuff like mobility. But don't lock them behind 25 or 30min time barriers so the units are hardly used apart from a last minute call in victory piece when you've already won the game.

Like others have said it's not like the Sturmtiger/AVRE/Pershing get a lot of action as is. The problem was mostly the IS-2 and the insane tiger with its ninja buffs having extra AoE it shouldn't have had.
25 Feb 2020, 06:16 AM

Good thing there are modes outside of 3v3 and 4v4.

Because clearly you don't play 1v1s or 2v2s.

25 Feb 2020, 11:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2020, 06:16 AMFarlion

Good thing there are modes outside of 3v3 and 4v4.

Because clearly you don't play 1v1s or 2v2s.

I do play 2v2.

And Im not an expert about 1v1 but how can this unit be a big issue there? It seems to be a crazy idea to go for pershing nowadays when it gets bullied in the current Tiger meta. Or by a panther. Now with the small price and CP increase for pershing, both heavies should be affordable at roughly the same time
25 Feb 2020, 12:03 PM

It’s not so much that it’s “OP” as it’s that the death of the Tiger will allow the Pershing to thrive in 1v1s since there’s no Tiger to punch it in the face every engagement.
25 Feb 2020, 12:12 PM

I do play 2v2.

And Im not an expert about 1v1 but how can this unit be a big issue there? It seems to be a crazy idea to go for pershing nowadays when it gets bullied in the current Tiger meta. Or by a panther. Now with the small price and CP increase for pershing, both heavies should be affordable at roughly the same time

Heavy Cav is amongst the most played USF doctrine in 1v1 and commonly played in 2v2 too. It kills infantry even better than the regular Tiger and has more mobility. It's a squad wiping machine. 80 HP and 30 armour less doesn't make it super fragile. Pershing also has 260-240-220 penetration, more than the Tiger and KT. Both have almost equal % to penetrate each other in a 1v1 fight. The only real drawback of the Pershing is that it has no range buff with veterancy.

Pershing loses in a 1v1 slugfest against a Tiger but the margin isn't that big. Just because Axis has a Tiger doesn't mean you can't use a Pershing. You just need either 1-2 Jacksons or multiple AT-guns.

AVRE is one of the most commonly used UKF strategies too at higher rank 2v2. Despite the Tiger meta, and that is way harder to pull off because the AVRE isn't of much use against tanks.
25 Feb 2020, 12:34 PM

It’s not so much that it’s “OP” as it’s that the death of the Tiger will allow the Pershing to thrive in 1v1s since there’s no Tiger to punch it in the face every engagement.

Explain please how Tiger is dead now in 1v1
25 Feb 2020, 12:42 PM

Explain please how Tiger is dead now in 1v1

I tried the new Tiger in cheatcommands and it’s abhorrent. Panzer IV levels of anti infantry. I don’t see it lasting long in the meta.
25 Feb 2020, 12:45 PM

I tried the new Tiger in cheatcommands and it’s abhorrent. Panzer IV levels of anti infantry. I don’t see it lasting long in the meta.

Yeah, as I said after the 1.2 changes it does roughly half the damage the Pershing does. Definitely not balanced.
25 Feb 2020, 12:52 PM

Good, the less wunderwaffe tanks in game, the more reason to use something else and in result, the better and healthier meta we'll have.

Heavies should have the place.
They should never have THE place.
25 Feb 2020, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2020, 12:52 PMKatitof

Good, the less wunderwaffe tanks in game, the more reason to use something else and in result, the better and healthier meta we'll have.

Yes so let's nerf all heavy tanks except for Pershing because #USFneverOP
25 Feb 2020, 12:55 PM

Yes so let's nerf all heavy tanks except for Pershing because #USFneverOP

Because you see pershings in every singular USF matchup, amirite?
25 Feb 2020, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2020, 12:55 PMKatitof

Because you see pershings in every singular USF matchup, amirite?

Which doctrine was most commonly used amongst USF players in the last big tournament?
25 Feb 2020, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2020, 12:52 PMKatitof

But think of all the of players named xXxWittman-OKW-l0rdpanzerwafferxXx and other varieties

How will they cope without an auto-canon autowin tiger button
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS