Login

russian armor

PM-41 Flares

23 Feb 2020, 13:49 PM

With mortar weapons get standardize, why soviet mortar pm-41 still have flares?

now in 4v4 match, ostheer mortar really get a hard jobs to fight 6 ppl mortar + flares + ZIS :)
23 Feb 2020, 13:56 PM

With mortar weapons standardize, why ostheer mortar gw-34 still have counter barrage?

now in 4v4 match soviet mortar really get a hard jobs to fight counter barrage mortar + counter barrage lefh + counter barrage panzerwerfer :)
23 Feb 2020, 14:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What usually gets somewhat standardized is the standard performance of a unit.

Afterwards every unit gets some ability goodies according to the faction's design.
23 Feb 2020, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2020, 13:56 PMRaxzero
With mortar weapons standardize, why ostheer mortar gw-34 still have counter barrage?

now in 4v4 match soviet mortar really get a hard jobs to fight counter barrage mortar + counter barrage lefh + counter barrage panzerwerfer :)

Its not really that simple on 4v4 match, GrW 34 counter barrage is vet 1. they can flare u 1st and barrage your mortar before you can counter them :)

And you talking about mid to late game counter :)

What usually gets somewhat standardized is the standard performance of a unit.

Afterwards every unit gets some ability goodies according to the faction's design.

IMO on early game + flares + standardized performance it is so hard to counter 6 men pm-41 on that early stage

23 Feb 2020, 14:48 PM

now in 4v4 match, ostheer mortar really get a hard jobs to fight 6 ppl mortar + flares + ZIS :)

Easy fix: don’t play 4v4

/thread
23 Feb 2020, 15:10 PM

Why does the faction I play not have the cool things that factions I play against have?
Because the factions you play has cool things that faction you play against don't have.
23 Feb 2020, 15:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Its not really that simple on 4v4 match, GrW 34 counter barrage is vet 1. they can flare u 1st and barrage your mortar before you can counter them :)

And you talking about mid to late game counter :)

IMO on early game + flares + standardized performance it is so hard to counter 6 men pm-41 on that early stage

The counter barrage minimizes micro and let's you focus on something else. While the power balance of these secondary abilities can of course be discussed, you present it highly biased. Also, as sad as it is: 4v4 matches are not a good reference for balancing units because the whole design of the game does not scale well (starting as early as map size etc).
In smaller modes the flare is good, but also a mun drain. There's more space to maneuver, and less unit density, which means that your flare will give you less information and is therefore not as much worth it as in dense 4v4s where you're guaranteed to discover something.
23 Feb 2020, 15:35 PM

Easy fix: don’t play 4v4

/thread

Maybe he has 3 friends, your soln couldn't really fix that.
23 Feb 2020, 15:40 PM

The counter barrage minimizes micro and let's you focus on something else. While the power balance of these secondary abilities can of course be discussed, you present it highly biased. Also, as sad as it is: 4v4 matches are not a good reference for balancing units because the whole design of the game does not scale well (starting as early as map size etc).
In smaller modes the flare is good, but also a mun drain. There's more space to maneuver, and less unit density, which means that your flare will give you less information and is therefore not as much worth it as in dense 4v4s where you're guaranteed to discover something.

yes i agree with it, it's just on 4v4 or 3v3 match IMO, where there's no room to manuever :)

In my country i have so many friend that play this game

even on the weekend we can play 4v4 custom match, with still some people waiting to get a chance to play :rofl:
23 Feb 2020, 15:41 PM

4v4 are a fuckfest always. To have some balance in it is good but not needed
23 Feb 2020, 18:36 PM

Rifle nades for conscripts when?

Also, use superior range counter barrage.
24 Feb 2020, 01:21 AM

yes i agree with it, it's just on 4v4 or 3v3 match IMO, where there's no room to manuever :)

In my country i have so many friend that play this game

even on the weekend we can play 4v4 custom match, with still some people waiting to get a chance to play :rofl:

Git gud mate.
Move your units or push against the zis. Axis have luch and snipers and long range rifle nades.
Zis is going to get nerfed hard this patch.

Or simply play more allies 4v4 if you think this is OP, try and pull that off ..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★