Login

russian armor

Heavy Gammon bombs/ smoke

22 Feb 2020, 11:33 AM

With the new changes to Smoke for UKF troops the heavy gammon bomb need to be looked at, since the IS will be able to frontally attack strong points smoke them and blow them up with heavy gammon bombs. That would include bunker, AA emplacement and T4 OKW truck.

Suggestion:
1) Redesign HGB as a homing AT weapon. Remove stun (and engine damage from this type of weapons).

Now this weapons will make sure these unit are not bullied by vehicles but on the other hand there will be less 1 shot snares.

2) Replace AT.IS AT grenade with HGB adding bonus range if Hammer is unlock.
22 Feb 2020, 11:40 AM

If Heavy Gammon Bomb is going to be made into a homing satchel charge then it should be like the others and do engine damage or stun, otherwise it's still worthless.

If you're worried about smoke and Gammons though, my solution would be that Pyrotechnic Sections can no longer use them. You'd have to bring three Infantry Sections at least to demolish anything and that alone would be too much investment.
22 Feb 2020, 11:43 AM

Just lock out gammon bombs from pyrotechnics sections or remove gammon bombs from hammer and replace it with something else.
22 Feb 2020, 11:51 AM

Provide a SINGULAR genuine replay that would support that claim please.
22 Feb 2020, 13:57 PM

If Heavy Gammon Bomb is going to be made into a homing satchel charge then it should be like the others and do engine damage or stun, otherwise it's still worthless.

If you're worried about smoke and Gammons though, my solution would be that Pyrotechnic Sections can no longer use them. You'd have to bring three Infantry Sections at least to demolish anything and that alone would be too much investment.

Heavy damage in enough to deterred vehicles in bulling infatry, there is not need for snare. 1 shot snare where removed from other infantry for good reason too and there is little reason for IS to have 1 shot snares.
22 Feb 2020, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 11:51 AMKatitof
Provide a SINGULAR genuine replay that would support that claim please.

Please install the game download the winter balance and test it yourself.
22 Feb 2020, 14:23 PM

I mean penals can do the exact same thing but earlier and easier with m3 to drive around bunker...

Where is your thread calling Soviet satchels OP. Especially when soviets already have shocks or mortar for early smoke.

And why don't you do the math for how much muni is needed to blow up a OKW truck in upgrades and gammons. Because most people would argue it's easier with an AT gun or tank by the time hammer is unlocked.

So in short this is another vacuum theory crafting thread like karoitoff says (I can't believe I agree with him)
22 Feb 2020, 14:26 PM

I mean penals can do the exact same thing but earlier and easier with m3 to drive around bunker...

He said strongpoint, not bunker. Bunker was just an additional target you can use it on.

190mp 15 fuel doesn’t compare to a smoke drop you can use all the time during a game.
22 Feb 2020, 14:31 PM

He said strongpoint, not bunker. Bunker was just an additional target you can use it on.

190mp 15 fuel doesn’t compare to a smoke drop you can use all the time during a game.

Gammons are not unlocked "all game", hammer timing is when you already have late game tanks driving around.

So the synergy with smoke arty will be pretty late and limited unless you somehow have 200muni banked and enough IS squads to run up to an undefended flak truck.

As I say Soviets have the exact same capability but earlier if they want it. It's just easier to use tanks or AT to kill a truck for free
22 Feb 2020, 14:47 PM

I suggest you start a game with winter balance MOD and check if it is doable or only theory.

(Pls do no get me started on Penals)
22 Feb 2020, 16:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't think this will be a huge issue though.

This smoke/gammon combination comes into effect the earliest from minute 15-20 onwards. It could be teched earlier but at the price of delaying your tank which is not very likely to be done unless you have won anyways.

I think this is a risk the game can take. Let the patch go live like this and if there are any issues fix them afterwards. Better than now basically blindly rebalancing abilities that might not need balancing.
22 Feb 2020, 16:21 PM

I don't think this will be a huge issue though.

This smoke/gammon combination comes into effect the earliest from minute 15-20 onwards. It could be teched earlier but at the price of delaying your tank which is not very likely to be done unless you have won anyways.

I think this is a risk the game can take. Let the patch go live like this and if there are any issues fix them afterwards. Better than now basically blindly rebalancing abilities that might not need balancing.

Actually HGB used to be a snare only and for apparent reason Relic decided to add the demolition property, probably because they did not want to give a homing AT weapon at the time.

Since now Relic has decided that UKF should have an AT snare they is little not to make it homing also and to remove stun.

IS have no reason to have access to demolition weapon.
22 Feb 2020, 16:41 PM

There is no such issue. It is pure theory rafting with no quantifiable basis. In fact it might even open the game up for UKF. Until replays are provided to clearly demonstrate this wild baseless theory, I doubt it'll hold any ground than pure witchcraft theory.
22 Feb 2020, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 16:21 PMVipper

IS have no reason to have access to demolition weapon.

May be IS have access to demolition weapon have something to do with teching a last tier specialized tech with offensive theme ._.
22 Feb 2020, 18:08 PM

Yes replace HGB with penal AT satchel is enough.
22 Feb 2020, 18:20 PM

May be IS have access to demolition weapon have something to do with teching a last tier specialized tech with offensive theme ._.

If it is demolition weapon move to Ro.En.
22 Feb 2020, 18:25 PM

Vipper I have no idea why you're so on the case of the Heavy Gammon Bomb. Did it murder your family or something? I'll reiterate what I've said earlier - I don'y think you've ever used one, and the only scenario I can think of where you got such a hard on about it is that you forgot about a tank in a 4v4 and had it erased by a ridiculous blob of Sections blowing hundreds of munitions. Because that is literally THE ONLY scenario where it could have any sort of serious effect.
22 Feb 2020, 18:37 PM

Vipper I have no idea why you're so on the case of the Heavy Gammon Bomb. Did it murder your family or something? I'll reiterate what I've said earlier - I don'y think you've ever used one, and the only scenario I can think of where you got such a hard on about it is that you forgot about a tank in a 4v4 and had it erased by a ridiculous blob of Sections blowing hundreds of munitions. Because that is literally THE ONLY scenario where it could have any sort of serious effect.

I have no idea why you turn a game issue into a personal issue.
22 Feb 2020, 18:57 PM

The general consensus seems to be that Heavy Gammon Bombs are the exact opposite of a game issue.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★