Login

russian armor

Why maxim is trash

PAGES (10)down
24 Feb 2020, 14:51 PM

Think about it. The Dshka at 2CP is so much better than the Maxim yet isn’t an issue. The primary Maxim fear is spamming it, so if you deny the ability to build it at 0-1CP you are effectively denying the Soviet player the ability to spam Maxims.

You could then give the Maxim its old set up time back, which would help a lot in combatting the deathloop, and reduce its arc and rate of fire and suppression to make it an offensive MG with a timing that doesn’t allow spamming it so you’re only gonna see 1-2 per game with a niche role in supporting offensives.
24 Feb 2020, 15:00 PM

Think about it. The Dshka at 2CP is so much better than the Maxim yet isn’t an issue. The primary Maxim fear is spamming it, so if you deny the ability to build it at 0-1CP you are effectively denying the Soviet player the ability to spam Maxims.

You could then give the Maxim its old set up time back, which would help a lot in combatting the deathloop, and reduce its arc and rate of fire and suppression to make it an offensive MG with a timing that doesn’t allow spamming it so you’re only gonna see 1-2 per game with a niche role in supporting offensives.

Sound cool, actually, I think you can make stock units CP dependant (All units mod has that) but a buffed T3 Maxim sound better than whatever it is now.
24 Feb 2020, 15:58 PM

On the topic of maxim, the mere existence of OKW puts it in a weird place, I think maxim is way too bad at its' job of supressing squads yet OKW struggles hard against early maxims. I'd suggest making maxim perform for its' price, buff or nerf and give OKW ISG in T0 after truck deployment and move a different unit to medical, maybe mg34.
24 Feb 2020, 18:31 PM

My Maxim idea is to have it require T3 built before you can build it from T2. That was its timing is pushed back to around 2-3CP and it can be buffed without fear of it being spammed.

I think this is the most interesting idea. Maybe just put the Maxim in t3 directly and swap it with the M5 HT? The quad upgrade would still require t3 built
24 Feb 2020, 18:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

https://www.coh2.org/forum/108/the-library

There you have it guys, if you want to keep the discussion open a thread or use PMs.

Any further political/historical debate will be met with Exterminatus and punish will be delivered on those accounts in the name of the Emperor.
24 Feb 2020, 18:52 PM

I think this is the most interesting idea. Maybe just put the Maxim in t3 directly and swap it with the M5 HT? The quad upgrade would still require t3 built

If you did that you’d have to require T1 before T2 is built.
24 Feb 2020, 18:55 PM

If you did that you’d have to require T1 before T2 is built.

Why? If we go with your proposal t2 should be cheaper, you're essentially removing a unit and giving nothing in return
24 Feb 2020, 19:00 PM

Why? If we go with your proposal t2 should be cheaper, you're essentially removing a unit and giving nothing in return

I don’t think allowing such fast access to the M5 is a great idea. It would come in at 1CP timing.
24 Feb 2020, 19:05 PM

I don’t think allowing such fast access to the M5 is a great idea. It would come in at 1CP timing.

It would only be reinforcing conscripts, CEs, Soviet mortar, and zis gun for the most part, I don't think it would really be too strong. If Maxim was still there it'd be OP as fuck but that's the whole point

If you want it reinforcing penals that's 50 fuel you'd have to spend before t3, and that's without con side-techs
24 Feb 2020, 19:09 PM

It would only be reinforcing conscripts, CEs, Soviet mortar, and zis gun for the most part, I don't think it would really be too strong. If Maxim was still there it'd be OP as fuck but that's the whole point

If you want it reinforcing penals that's 50 fuel you'd have to spend before t3, and that's without con side-techs

I mean because of the ZSU quad AA upgrade.
24 Feb 2020, 19:10 PM

I mean because of the ZSU quad AA upgrade.

My man this was in my initial response to your idea:

24 Feb 2020, 19:18 PM

My man this was in my initial response to your idea:

That's fine but then there's no reason for the M5 to be in T2 since it serves no purpose. Why would you spend 30 fuel on it and delay your T70 by a minute and a half? It might have been viable if the M5 could heal units inside so you could skip medics, but since the balance team denied that ever happening then there's really no use getting the M5 before T3.

It just isn't a good fit. I think it's better to just have the Maxim in T2 and require T3 since it doesn't do anything other than delay the maxim. Yes it makes T2 a bit weaker but you can compensate for that by automatically unlocking Molotovs once T2 is up.
24 Feb 2020, 19:21 PM

Yes it makes T2 a bit weaker but you can compensate for that by automatically unlocking Molotovs once T2 is up.

+1 I like that better than my idea anyway lol

Ideally in my world the t70 wouldn't be a must-build every game but its probably too late for that

24 Feb 2020, 19:22 PM

It just isn't a good fit. I think it's better to just have the Maxim in T2 and require T3 since it doesn't do anything other than delay the maxim. Yes it makes T2 a bit weaker but you can compensate for that by automatically unlocking Molotovs once T2 is up.

I like this.

But apart from that, this retoric of constant allied UP threads are gettin really old now.

Imagine axis saying. Kubel UP. The logic answer is: You are not supposed to used a kubel wagon like that!
24 Feb 2020, 19:24 PM

This thread is about 1 unit on 1 faction. Has nothing to do with "allies UP", it is about the maxim

OPs post mentions nothing about the other 2 allied factions, nor does it even say Soviets are UP

Kubelwagen just got buffed over the summer and then again in september, so clearly someone was saying Kubel UP
24 Feb 2020, 23:14 PM

This thread is about 1 unit on 1 faction. Has nothing to do with "allies UP", it is about the maxim

OPs post mentions nothing about the other 2 allied factions, nor does it even say Soviets are UP

Kubelwagen just got buffed over the summer and then again in september, so clearly someone was saying Kubel UP

Since when you are able to play SU vs SU matches? Not to mention the other faction still exist...

Hey i know the game mechanics are hard to understand but you need to try harder.

Maxim is clearly OK, some people pretend more than it can do and simply rant. Anyone can post a thread and learn from the feedback, but even OP can be wrong about his opinion.

I will say it again. MAXIM IS OK. It is balanced around his faction, the opposing factions, the history of the unit itself and what is ment to do.

LEAVE IT IN PEACE NOW.

PD: Kubelwagon was never UP.
24 Feb 2020, 23:19 PM

Maxim is clearly OK, some people pretend more than it can and simply rant. Anyone can post a thread and learn from the feedback, but even OP can be wrong about his opinion.

I will say it again. MAXIM IS OK. It is balanced around his faction, the opposing factions, the history of the unit itself and what is ment to do.

So now you think no change? You just said Stormjaeger's idea of buffing Maxim and adding t3 requirement was good idea, make up your mind

There are much more radical maxim buffs in this thread you have ignored btw...

PD: Kubelwagon was never UP.

Well Relic + the modteam disagree because they've buffed it in 2 different patches this year

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS