Login

russian armor

Relief Infantry need rework?

18 Feb 2020, 02:05 AM

This ability is uncontrolled,as ability supply drop zone we can see,about 200mp=30munitions=10fuel
Also if relief infantry ability all worked,is use 90munitions for 3x200MP
Of course use 90munitions direct conversion 600MP is too OP……So why not change this about cost 60munitions switch 300MP?
18 Feb 2020, 02:18 AM
Benefactor 392

Dude, you need to work on your grammar, i can't make heads or tails about what you just said.

Please type it more clearly!
18 Feb 2020, 03:21 AM

Dude, you need to work on your grammar, i can't make heads or tails about what you just said.

Please type it more clearly!

Sorry for my broken English,I mean how about change relief infantry just use ammo to switch manpower,not like now need in limited time and lost enough infantry to switch Ostruppen
18 Feb 2020, 03:47 AM

I would like to see this ability reworked myself. Currently you spend 90 munitions and if you lose 5 infantry models you gain an Ostruppen squad.

Considering the cheapest units you would probably be losing are Pioniers (25mp a piece) and the most likely unit you will be losing are Grenadiers (30mp), both of which are also rather likely to be wiped if you try to get the 'most' out of this ability, there really isn't much of a deal in receiving one extra 16mp Ostruppen model in the exchange.
30*5 = 150
25*5 = 125
16*6 = 96

You could say it might work as a panic ability, like in the thick of a fight where you think you might lose a whole bunch, but I don't really think it does, and in most cases the smoke drop in the same doctrine would be a better investment, or a grenade or two or literally anything else, unless you are a real Ostruppen fanatic (in which case there are much better doctrines...)

Rapid conscription works much better imo. That ability I have actually seen be used successfully in real multiplayer games. This one? Not so much.

If this ability gave Grenadier squads for your trouble, maybe I'd be more interested. Or maybe a special sort of Ostruppen squad with a single DP-28 already on it or something.
18 Feb 2020, 05:20 AM
Benefactor 392

Sorry for my broken English,I mean how about change relief infantry just use ammo to switch manpower,not like now need in limited time and lost enough infantry to switch Ostruppen

I'm still not certain where you are getting at. I'm just critiquing you here no malice, and i don't mean to come off as an asshole.

Are you saying that it's a weak ability? or a strong ability?

Why do you want this re-work? Do you want it to benefit your directive yourself, because you don't know how to use it?

I'm going to PM you how to utilize this ability to it's fullest extent. As the ability on it's own is really strong. and you can get away with some crazy stuff.
18 Feb 2020, 06:21 AM

I'm still not certain where you are getting at. I'm just critiquing you here no malice, and i don't mean to come off as an asshole.

Are you saying that it's a weak ability? or a strong ability?

Why do you want this re-work? Do you want it to benefit your directive yourself, because you don't know how to use it?

I'm going to PM you how to utilize this ability to it's fullest extent. As the ability on it's own is really strong. and you can get away with some crazy stuff.

I just think this ability not good for Ost,don't like Soviet type,if I though this ability if for Ostruppen doc or Defense doc which can match up Ostruppen,it will be good……although looks like in late game we will have infinite zombie,but Ostruppen still too weak……
And my opinion,this ability is bad because can't control,if bad lucky many squad lost many HP but not lost many men,the line still will be broken and waste 90 ammo for nothing
18 Feb 2020, 06:23 AM
Benefactor 392

I just think this ability not good for Ost,don't like Soviet type,if I though this ability if for Ostruppen doc or Defense doc which can match up Ostruppen,it will be good……although looks like in late game we will have infinite zombie,but Ostruppen still too weak……
And my opinion,this ability is bad because can't control,if bad lucky many squad lost many HP but not lost many men,the line still will be broken and waste 90 ammo for nothing

If you just want to change it for the sake that it doesn't fit your play style then i suggest you use other commanders that have simular packages. I've played this commander often and had a lot of success.

Don't change something because you don't like it, when other people do.
18 Feb 2020, 07:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

There was a thread like this recently.

I suggest what I suggested back then:
Make the ability reduce reinforcement costs for (all up to balance, just suggestions) about a minute by 50% and cost 35-50 mun. Helps OSTs late game MP bleed, helps against base rapes, you don't get useless infantry squads that you likely don't need and it's easier to use.
Balancing could also be done via cool down duration so it's not spammable.
18 Feb 2020, 07:57 AM

If you just want to change it for the sake that it doesn't fit your play style then i suggest you use other commanders that have simular packages. I've played this commander often and had a lot of success.

Don't change something because you don't like it, when other people do.

Whatever,just suggest and survey,and thanks for your massage
18 Feb 2020, 08:32 AM

And I will repeat my suggestion:

Ability now last longer and provides a "Ostruppen sqaud" (or volkstrumm) with target 1 that can merge but not reinforce.

That would allow front line unit to be reinforced without ending up with unwanted units.
18 Feb 2020, 08:43 AM

Could you explain it here too, cause I've tried to use this ability a couple of times but got (un?)lucky and didn't lose any full squads, but weren't given any Ostruppen either. So I spend 90 muni for nothing.

Don't know if this mechanic is possible, but can't we change this ability to a toggle?

1. Toggle on, cost 20 muni + 20 muni income; ability will be active from here on and gives max 2 squads a minute.
2. Toffle off, cooldown activates for 180 seconds.
18 Feb 2020, 09:13 AM
Benefactor 392

Could you explain it here too, cause I've tried to use this ability a couple of times but got (un?)lucky and didn't lose any full squads, but weren't given any Ostruppen either. So I spend 90 muni for nothing.

Sure!

Provided you trigger the ability during the right times, more favourable when you start an engagement. you lose "x" models and you get an ostruppen squad. Key word are models, not squads. you want to retreat your grens or pgrens when you can of course.

Now you got an ostruppen squad or two, guess what, the ability also applies to those ostruppen as well. you have two squads to soke up damage, recover points. You do the same thing again but include those ostruppen in the fight, and you now have probably more ostruppen hitting the field then you originally had, most i had on the second time was around 4 squads.

At the end of the games i had i'd usually have something around 6 ostruppen, but i had times where it was a lot more.

It of course can be a double edge sword and you can cap yourself out and you can't reinforce important squads or even call in tanks cause you are over the limit.

However you can get an idea of how dangerous it can get when you have yourself 6 squads of ostruppen plus your original squads as well as tanks and stuff.

18 Feb 2020, 09:18 AM
Benefactor 392

Whatever,just suggest and survey,and thanks for your massage

I apologise if i came off too strong.

Edit: a word
18 Feb 2020, 13:00 PM

Don't know if this mechanic is possible, but can't we change this ability to a toggle?

1. Toggle on, cost 20 muni + 20 muni income; ability will be active from here on and gives max 2 squads a minute.
2. Toffle off, cooldown activates for 180 seconds.

5 dead models = 1 osttruppen squad
18 Feb 2020, 13:09 PM

Excellent ability. The only issue is it’s only on one good doctrine (Lightning War) which is already a munitions black hole.
18 Feb 2020, 13:41 PM

Rapid Conscription is fine, but Relief Infantry isn't so good in my opinion. By the time you use it your fresh Ostruppen squads will be facing some vet 2 infantries that possibly have some weapon upgrades. They just end up getting shredded and unlocking their LMG42 requires a lot of tech and additional munitions. Maybe limit the ability to 2 Ostruppen squads but have them start with their LMG?
18 Feb 2020, 15:15 PM
Benefactor 392

PM if you guys want a video of some relief infantry gameplay, i just made one for the hell of it.
18 Feb 2020, 22:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Yes relief inf and rapid conscription are totally not worth it. Change it to 4 models = one ostruppen squad and 5 models = one cons squad
18 Feb 2020, 22:43 PM

I'll say it again, if I want Osttruppen I'll go for the Osttruppen commanders. I have absolutely no interest in getting them if I play Lightning War.
18 Feb 2020, 22:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Excellent ability. The only issue is it’s only on one good doctrine (Lightning War) which is already a munitions black hole.

It would probably fit in some weaker doctrines but have synergy with ostruppen like Festung Support which is basically an arty doctrine where Ostruppen would be perfect for being meatshields and spotters for the arty. Joint Operations could also benefit from it, too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 777
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L