Login

russian armor

Change to Airlanding officier

15 Feb 2020, 22:42 PM

1 they beat gren out of cover

2 does pyro and heal count has combat or utility ? :snfPeter:

They can beat a 40mp cheapr squad?!?! Hot dayum. Compare them to rifles or fussies amd tou will find they are quite lacking for thir price point. Compared to both of these squads they are nore limited and less effective.if you dump a load MORE resources into them they get quite potnt for sure but theybare far from worth their prie point.

Regrdless, were drgging this topic off topic
16 Feb 2020, 00:09 AM

They can beat a 40mp cheapr squad?!?! Hot dayum. Compare them to rifles or fussies amd tou will find they are quite lacking for thir price point. Compared to both of these squads they are nore limited and less effective.if you dump a load MORE resources into them they get quite potnt for sure but theybare far from worth their prie point.

You mean 5 men PF? because they probably beat them also (break about even) or 6 men PF that cost 295 MP/80 mu?

Is this relevant to the assault officer?
16 Feb 2020, 02:55 AM

From what I've seen testing myself it doesn't look like Airlanding officer gets elite Brens like Commandos (oversight or intentional I don't know). If that's the case then I don't see any point in getting Brens on him anyway- then he just has the same problem that Sappers with Brens have where you are dumping munis to slightly improve yourself at a range where the squad is super inefficient.

Since you only get to build 1 I feel like you'd wanna keep it CQC anyway, elite brens or not
16 Feb 2020, 07:54 AM

From what I've seen testing myself it doesn't look like Airlanding officer gets elite Brens like Commandos (oversight or intentional I don't know)

The Officer gets regular Infantry Sections Brens on purpose.

If that's the case then I don't see any point in getting Brens on him anyway

The point of the Officer getting regular Brens is that we don't want to turn it into a straight up better IS squad as that would make it a no-brainer choice to get every match. The Officer has access to Brens so that the unit can remain versatile and so that it and its abilities can be used on more open maps too, where it would otherwise get outscaled by upgraded long range Axis infantry and HMGs. But to get it would be a strategic choice (early CQC power, then mostly support and utility) as upgraded IS will have a better DPS profile.
16 Feb 2020, 20:31 PM

I'm not a fan of the new officer charge ability.
I get it that now it gives some actual combat bonus as well, but having a bunch of squads sprint (including the officer as well) was just as useful.
I guess the preview charge will stay, but then I'd like to require one change: it should be applicable to the officer too or make it have a sprint ability without any combat bonuses that affects only the officer. This and the charge abilities would share cooldown.
17 Feb 2020, 07:08 AM

I would like to see the combat bonuses on charge removed but it given longer sprint time. You could also make it a bit cheaper.

This would keep it as a flanking tool for Mg's and mobile play. Less so a get a big blob and charge into enemy ability.
17 Feb 2020, 22:12 PM

green have the best long range of the main line inf, what do u wish to compare them to ? Are u ok with fusi ? Cause they beta them too as they have same dps as gren

IS have the best long range dps in or out of cover for all mainline inf even doctrinal ones
19 Feb 2020, 18:47 PM

IS have the best long range dps in or out of cover for all mainline inf even doctrinal ones

And his entire point was that they are more limited. Aka they are the only mainline without the a snare, so you can bully them with vehicles. He didn't say they had bad dps...
23 Feb 2020, 11:06 AM

Instead of the a unit limited to 1 with DPS even higher than commandos imo you could consider a different solution.

Equip Ro.E. with bolt action rifles and add a separate "assault sapper unit" with CQB orientation but without any of the building and repairing options (or make it an upgrade for Ro.E.).

That would help better time/design/balance this option.
23 Feb 2020, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2020, 11:06 AMVipper
Instead of the a unit limited to 1 with DPS even higher than commandos imo you could consider a different solution.

Equip Ro.E. with bolt action rifles and add a separate "assault sapper unit" with CQB orientation but without any of the building and repairing options (or make it an upgrade for Ro.E.).

That would help better time/design/balance this option.

The ideal of equip RO.E with rifles has been suggested a number of time before, including by me. Ass Ro.e as an separate new unit will be nice, but how would they look like ?

Should they be 4 or 5 man ? What weapon profile will they use ? Regular sten or grease gun ?
23 Feb 2020, 12:16 PM

The ideal of equip RO.E with rifles has been suggested a number of time before, including by me. Ass Ro.e as an separate new unit will be nice, but how would they look like ?

Should they be 4 or 5 man ? What weapon profile will they use ? Regular sten or grease gun ?

The unit look incidental to Ro.E. and use the same voice lines. Main difference would be no utility (repair and building) and different vet bonuses better suited for the unit.

4 men smgs troops do not work so they should have at least 5 members. Power level of their weapon should be according to their timing and price so I can not really answer that.
20 Apr 2020, 14:00 PM

off the top of my head . . .

-Remove the airlanding officer from the Platoon command post.

- Give Ro.E enfields as standard

- Give Ro.E an 'assault package' upgrade. Giving them light gammon bombs and buffed version of Stens.

- Heavy engineers could remain the same (But now with enfields not smgs) but . ..
. . . the upgrade feels like a weird mush for combat engineer and advanced repair unit. With this other assault package upgrade in the game. 'Heavy engineers' could be renamed as 'R.E.M.E package', the upgrade loses the Vickers (it's basicaly a bren right?) and body armour and gets the US crews' repair crit ability.

If you don't know what REME are: https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/corps-regiments-and-units/corps-of-royal-electrical-and-mechanical-engineers-reme/

There is now a mid-game anti-garrison assault unit to be used with smoke to clear out buildings and the anvil engineer upgrade feels a bit more purposed.
20 Apr 2020, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 14:00 PMTomDRV

??

They are fine as they are.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 536

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W