Login

russian armor

Paritsan commander - New look?

12 Feb 2020, 15:06 PM

so 1 million is a huge number to you. really??? reaallyy??

Nearly as large as the entire Canadian military at the time. Significant enough
Furthermore considering there are things like the Centaur in game where there was a significantly low number I'd say 1,000,000 is a huge number
What's more, this is off topic.
12 Feb 2020, 15:53 PM

Honestly Spy Network should probably be Vet 1 ability on Partysans that works like Kuble detection ability. Swap out Spy Network with Boobytraps from Urban Defense and you're doing pretty good I think.
12 Feb 2020, 22:42 PM

What partisans really need is late game suitability so they don't die instantly when tanks or vet one units roll around. Once they spawn in the building they lose their surprise factor and the opponent knows dam well you went to the meme commander. In the early game if you can disrupt the enemy its fine but after that they become ineffective at their job (AT partisans are the exception). In late game there isnt a time were i've had partisans make it back from enemy lives alive after spawning in the house and coming back home full models and near full health.

For me I wouldn't mind paying 270 (plus munitions for upgrades) for the Anti-infantry partisans if they were much better in suitability, sabotage, and increased infiltration/recon abilities. Using partisans require heavy micro and should feel rewarding when you disrupt the enemy which the commander currently isnt.

*Give them interrogate ability (thematic) at Vet 1 or a detection ability since partisans should know the layout of the land that they are defending
*More Health / Armor
*Ambush Camo Bonus at Vet 1 (Currently Vet 2)
*Speed up Molotov
*Give them something to survive the late game such as body armor or health
*5th model at vet 3 to help them survive longer or give them the conscript bolster ability to add another model to the partisans at a cost (similar to the AT nade and Molotov shared Upgrade for conscripts)

This commander really needs some love and deserves some attention. Its a really unique and its sad that it dosen't see any play outside of someone being a memer. Its like picking pre-buff tachanka.
13 Feb 2020, 03:10 AM

I think make 2 type paritsan bundle be one and like Fusiller,build in T0,build and reinforcement cost more cheap,can use 50 ammo for 6men upgrade or scharck,and add merge ability
replace Radio Intercept by forward HQ
raplace mark vehicle by airdrop supply like Ostruppen doc,drop dshk and M42 AT
13 Feb 2020, 14:51 PM

How about IL2 bomb strike? I dont think heavy tank or T-34/85 fits with this commander.
13 Feb 2020, 14:54 PM

The whole spirit of the partisans is that they are cheap, expendable and an annoyance to the enemy. They are not meant to be flexible front line forces. They are not mainline replacements, they are not supposed to be fighting anything that they can't ambush and win...
Use em to keep the enemy using resources to minimize their impact. Tying up resources with cheap units that you don't care about is as on point as partisans can be...
13 Feb 2020, 20:33 PM

1 CP: Intercepted Weapons crates drop (same as Airborne, 60 muni, gives 1 G43 and 1 MP40 to the Cons/Penal squad that picks it up, 2 Mp40s to CEs, 2 MP40s to Partisans.)

60 Muni for 1 g43 and 1 mp40 does not seem worth it to me

Furthermore taking Mark Target off the commander is a massive nerf. And the last thing the Soviets need is doctrinal trip flares. That's a waste of a commander ability
14 Feb 2020, 16:27 PM

The whole spirit of the partisans is that they are cheap, expendable and an annoyance to the enemy. They are not meant to be flexible front line forces. They are not mainline replacements, they are not supposed to be fighting anything that they can't ambush and win...
Use em to keep the enemy using resources to minimize their impact. Tying up resources with cheap units that you don't care about is as on point as partisans can be...

The problem in my opinion with Partisans is that they are not so cheap. At 26MP per reinforce I find them too expensive to maintain alongside the rest of the army. With no shocks or heavy tanks in the doctrine you need to have a lot of stock units to actually have a strong army, and this leaves little room for expensive harassment troops. I would buff the commander by making the partisans cheaper to reinforce.
14 Feb 2020, 19:05 PM

The problem in my opinion with Partisans is that they are not so cheap. At 26MP per reinforce I find them too expensive to maintain alongside the rest of the army. With no shocks or heavy tanks in the doctrine you need to have a lot of stock units to actually have a strong army, and this leaves little room for expensive harassment troops. I would buff the commander by making the partisans cheaper to reinforce.

Could make em cheaper to reinforce, but ideally you sre to use them in a way that they won't take losses. The are not meant to fight in any fight they can't win. They are not falls or commandos even where they are elite troops that can also ambush. They are ambush troops and disposable ones at that. Iirc normal partisans are 210mp to call in, disrupt supply lines and fade into the bushes. Lay some mines off the beaten path, ambush. If the enemy sends enough to actually find and defeat them the front will suffer. They are unconventional, but that's the appeal.

As for lack of late game, mark target combined with the fantastic Soviet lineup is more than enough. They want for nothing.
14 Feb 2020, 20:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What if partisans get a complete rework into a utility unit?

Give them trash DPS like the SOV pioneers, but all kinds of goodies (might be even tech less)

AT nade, molotov, normal mine, heavy mine (like Riegel), flare mine (or alternatively the flare of SOV sniper), barbed wire, elite camo, improved cap and decap rate. Maybe even engine crit repairs (doesn't make too much sense regarding authenticity, but it's a nice ability that could synergize well with T34s ram ability since you now might have a chance to get your T34 out).

This would truly make it a behind the line squad. They lose to basically everything they come across, but they can do decent damage if you're able to sneak them around.

If that turns out to no be enough, we could upgrade them. Maybe a Panzerschreck (but lose AT nade), or PPsHs (but lose something else) etc.

However I fear that a rework like this is too much of an effort.
14 Feb 2020, 22:57 PM

Maybe add the frp from the airborne commander?

AT partisans I'd say are fine.

Standard partisans are a tricky one. They are currently useless beyond the meme factor (especially against okw due to sturms) but do we change their initial value or offer them upgrades to make them worthwhile beyond the first 10 seconds of their lifespan?

16 Feb 2020, 05:03 AM

Give them trash DPS like the SOV pioneers, but all kinds of goodies (might be even tech less)

AT nade, molotov, normal mine, heavy mine (like Riegel), flare mine (or alternatively the flare of SOV sniper), barbed wire, elite camo, improved cap and decap rate. Maybe even engine crit repairs (doesn't make too much sense regarding authenticity, but it's a nice ability that could synergize well with T34s ram ability since you now might have a chance to get your T34 out).

This would truly make it a behind the line squad. They lose to basically everything they come across, but they can do decent damage if you're able to sneak them around.

If that turns out to no be enough, we could upgrade them. Maybe a Panzerschreck (but lose AT nade), or PPsHs (but lose something else) etc.

However I fear that a rework like this is too much of an effort.

Ah nicee idea! Will be very interesting to see that. Perhaps it could be a like officer type unit that could be added into the commander by replacing the spy network slot (ie giving it to this new partisan unit, more abilities!). Also, only one unit can be called in at any given time, just like an officer.

In this way, no need for major changes to the commander but will make it scale better to late game and be more attractive.
16 Feb 2020, 06:05 AM

Give them trash DPS like the SOV pioneers

sov pioneers have exactly same dps as conscripts
16 Feb 2020, 06:12 AM

Partisans just can do nothing to improve soviets game,other STOCK units can do everything that partisans can do,and they do it better and more cost efficient

Like for example their camo is pure defense,that is what conscripts do and they better at defense(it can be used as offensive tool but only against lone team weapons with is never happens)also can switch to offence and be pretty good at it,which partisans cannot
Mining is engineers work and they plant same mines at exactly same speed,cost also engineers have demo,flare what makes them better at mining
Scouting can be done by sniper and m3,and partisans scouting are questionable
One thing that they have is grenade and that is only ONE reason they can do something at all
There is nothing they can work with in soviet army because others units are same or better at what they do

they need to be focused on something
If they are ambush unit give them proper dps
If they are more capping mining unit give them unique mines
If they are scouts give them better scouting options
16 Feb 2020, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 06:12 AMFK9DD

Like for example their camo is pure defense,that is what conscripts do and they better at defense(it can be used as offensive tool but only against lone team weapons with is never happens)also can switch to offence and be pretty good at it,which partisans cannot

seriously? conscripts can set an ambush with mines, Concussive Trap, HE grenades and camo/first strike bonus?

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 06:12 AMFK9DD

Scouting can be done by sniper and m3,and partisans scouting are questionable

Seriously? a dirty camo units with 42 sight range? Actually partisan are on of the most cost efficient scout.

Partisan are cost efficient units the commander has simply little place in the Super heavy tank meta.
17 Feb 2020, 00:27 AM

Since its about partyzans, why not give the doctrine a captured or abandoned tiger?
17 Feb 2020, 04:17 AM

Since this is about Partisan who steals German's tool. I would like to see more German's tool and remove Soviet's army unit/ability like Mark vehicle

My key is to keep the Commander as cheap units, weak, but high utility.
- Radio intercept
- Spy network
- AI Partisan
- AT Partisan
- German's gathered resources (cant think a good name)

German's gathered resources:
- AI Partisan gain ability to drop 3xG43 or 1xLMG42 for others to pickup(1 time ability per squad, free)
- AT Partisan gain ability to drop PZshreck for others to pickup(1 time ability per squad, free)
- New unit: Pz4. Limited to 1 on the field. Cost 300mp, 0fuel. It come to the Battlefield with 30% health and engine damaged.

17 Feb 2020, 04:32 AM

- AI Partisan gain ability to drop 3xG43 or 1xLMG42 for free
- AT Partisan gain ability to drop PZshreck for free
Pz4. Limited to 1 on the field. Cost 300mp, 0fuel

dude....
17 Feb 2020, 04:38 AM

I know, 1 time ability, which mean a squad can drop a single weapon, and the ability is locked on the squad.

Pz4, limited to 1 and requires at least a min to slowly run into the field (engine damage) and repair (30% hp) to make the tank works.

There are mass draw back for the cost,but Im not sure if its too cheap though

Think further, Partisan most of the time spawn behind the line and wait for the ambush, they're usually success or die trying (because high reinforcement cost, they dont usually get retreat order). I dont think players spawn a 270mp AT Partisan on their base to get a single free Shreck.
17 Feb 2020, 04:45 AM

so,this is free best 3x best rifles in the game,next is free 2x best infantry AT,and the next good medium tank for 0 fuel right?
so in the end we have mainline infantry with best vets in the game with best rifles in the game for free,supported by t34 and free pz4 when enemy scraping their resources to gain a least 1 stug
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★