Login

russian armor

Lightning War or Elite Troops?

5 Feb 2020, 18:48 PM

Which doctrine do you guys prefer or recommend? I am also seeing changes in the winter balance patch that will alter how Wehrmacht does teaching. Does that change which doctrine is better?
5 Feb 2020, 19:15 PM

Lightning war is more versatile. Close air support tactical movements and g43 are give you more flexibility and is better in 2v2s overall. Elite trooos mostly gives you infantry buffs and ace tiger. Its way stronger if you want more of your combat infantry. But its a bit selfish commander and has not support/offmap strikes so its weaker in teamgames.
5 Feb 2020, 19:26 PM

That name.

Anyways I would say Lightning war is a much better doctrine since it's well rounded.

However, if you manage to get the Tiger Ace with Panzer tactician that combo is practically unfair to fight against.

You can always keep both on your commander line and choose between the two when the situation demand it.
5 Feb 2020, 19:41 PM

Elite Troops because of Panzer Tactician, for a normal Tiger doctrine I'd pick Spearhead over Lightning War in 1v1.

Total cost is as follows if my memory is correct:
BP2 -> T3 -> BP3 -> Tiger = 970 manpower and 360 fuel
BP2 -> T3 -> BP3 -> T4 -> Tiger Ace = 1220 manpower and 405 fuel

With the preview tech change:
BP2 -> T3 -> BP3 -> Tiger = 970 manpower and 370 fuel
BP2 -> T3 -> BP3 -> T4 -> Tiger Ace = 1220 manpower and 390 fuel

5 Feb 2020, 20:51 PM

Elite troops has ninja panzer ability witch is one off the best abilities in the game period.
I'd say go with elite troops, they both have g43's
the JU87 will get countered(no kidding is2's pintle can take that thing out) so no point in relying on that.
I prefer the regular tiger over that ACE(god awefull camo on that thing) but that your call.
5 Feb 2020, 21:42 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I prefer 2v2, I avoid all the others

I have a similar issue when deciding between the two Assault Gren doctrines. I prefer regular tiger (it's also less embarrassing if you lose it compared to Ace), but I like the halftrack stealth a lot.
5 Feb 2020, 23:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2020, 21:42 PMLewka
Thanks for the help guys. I prefer 2v2, I avoid all the others

I have a similar issue when deciding between the two Assault Gren doctrines. I prefer regular tiger (it's also less embarrassing if you lose it compared to Ace), but I like the halftrack stealth a lot.

The key to using the Tiger Ace is spamming its abilities. The super repair ability means it never has to stay idle getting repaired for more than a minute if you have Pioneers to help, which means it can be into action more often. You should basically spend all your munitions on that once you get the Ace.

Once it hits vet 2 - which happens quite quickly because it comes at vet 1 - it easily becomes the strongest tank in the game. It gets the +5 range bonus of vet 2 and allows you to activate Spearhead mode which barely has drawbacks and allows it to suppress infantry and selfspot.
5 Feb 2020, 23:57 PM

Ah, yes. I forget about its abilities. I haven't used Tiger Ace in a while. I'm much more used to regular tiger
6 Feb 2020, 00:17 AM

Wow only 20 fuel difference for Ace in Preview? Personally I'd say Elite Troops. Stun Grenades are garbage but Storm Troopers and Ace with it's better health, accuracy, smoke, and self repair are much more forgiving to use. Lightning War only if you anticipate needing the Stuka CAS really or if you think you can't hold out for the extra resources needed for Ace.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS