Login

russian armor

Sunday Night Fights suggestion

10 Nov 2013, 19:58 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey, since Ami rarely responds to my steam messages I will post this here to see the opinions on this.

In order to make SNF a better experience I though it would be a good idea to add a "Play breakdown" section.
This would be a part of SNF after each game done by one or two extra casters in which the plays that changed the course of the game would be analyzed, this would probably require the extra casters to see the game before hand to mark the important ones.
By doing this it would also give time for the main casters to refresh for the game while having no stop time on the stream, meaning less viewers leaving in between games.

This is done in LoL torneys so I though it would be a nice addition in the COH scene.
10 Nov 2013, 20:36 PM
10 Nov 2013, 21:45 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2013, 19:58 PMDevM
Hey, since Ami rarely responds to my steam messages I will post this here to see the opinions on this.

He ignores me too :D

But thats a great idea.
10 Nov 2013, 22:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

This is a great idea and I totally support it. Hope we can find a way to put it in practice :)
12 Nov 2013, 00:18 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Agreed, this idea is great =D. The other casters who would do this analysis would have to be very knowledgeable about the game though. Also this could be a great way to include the replay analyzer program and show off the build orders, cpm and areas of interest on the map. Another idea here could be to advertise twitter, social media feeds and other twitch channels of the players and caster briefly.
12 Nov 2013, 00:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

This kind of thing looks like it has quite a bit of production value, as in this guy alone is tasked with making that 1 minute segment about a specific point that took part in the match and giving his strategic insight on it. Ami already does a massive amount for SNF and CoH2.org and this is a great suggestion among other suggestions to improve SNF.

What I'm trying to say is that anyone in the community can use their initiative in order to get something like this and other content into helping Ami out with SNF. I think if I told Ami that i'd like to do exactly what that guy was doing in the video after each match of SNF for 30 seconds to 1 minute he would like the idea and give me the chance to go live if it's great content for the show. The hard part is finding that person with enough willpower to do it and do it good, this is all volunteer work, the cogs that work in the background that come to fruition are driven by a lot of hard work and passion.
12 Nov 2013, 02:33 AM
Donator 11

it must be fun, cuz millions of people are playing it, but how can LoL be more fun then COH, look at the screen when the game is paused, all you see is magic magic magic....

BORRRINGGGGG :D
12 Nov 2013, 07:37 AM

That would be a agreat idea. Maybe a small spinoff series. After Sunday's episode, just for youtube channel or so. A five minutes analyze with different guests.

There was many good examples in SNFS05E2 where this would be used. E.g. in third match, the push somewhere around the middle of the match.
12 Nov 2013, 16:51 PM

I agree this addition would be quite useful in helping new players or average players figure out how best to react to certain engagements/situations in the game. I would be glad to volunteer cast for this if it were to happen.
12 Nov 2013, 17:23 PM

Great Idea, not only will it increase my enjoyment of SNF, and the interest in CoH2, it will also help SNF (filling the pauses).
Now we need people who do it (good). And it looks like our top players are willing to volunteer.

Suggestion: Keep it short and qualitativ.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★