Login

russian armor

USF weapon racks, feature or trouble?

4 Feb 2020, 14:02 PM

In fact, weapon racks are a problem. Imaginary variability. Pro players dont buy bazookas for riflemans, it’s more reasonable and efficient to give them the bar. Bazookas for echelons. Rangers have their own Thompson, Paratroopers have their own LMG. Who are these racks for? its the big joke. And besides, this separate technology at HQ that you need to buy. When okw and ostheer just build the T1 or T2, which they need in any case, as part of linear technology.

It would be more correct if the rifleman could buy bars, like volks. After the open the captainHQ or lieutenantHQ.
The same goes for echelon, they could buy 2 bazookas, or one elite bazooka, like sturmpioners. But now we need to return to the base to take this weapon, and OKW should not go back to the base.

What do you think about this players for the USF? How often do you give bazookas for riflemans or bars for echelons? This is complete nonsense.
4 Feb 2020, 14:06 PM

Nah, I like the feature. Plus it lets you give BARs to REs, which makes them useful.

Only things I’d change is I’d give the LT elite bazookas and I’d force a weapons rack unlock as a requirement for Elite Infantry (Rangers/Paras) to get their upgrades.
4 Feb 2020, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 14:02 PMRiley
In fact, weapon racks are a problem. Imaginary variability. Pro players dont buy bazookas for riflemans, it’s more reasonable and efficient to give them the bar. Bazookas for echelons. Rangers have their own Thompson, Paratroopers have their own LMG. Who are these racks for? its the big joke. And besides, this separate technology at HQ that you need to buy. When okw and ostheer just build the T1 or T2, which they need in any case, as part of linear technology.

It would be more correct if the rifleman could buy bars, like volks. After the open the captainHQ or lieutenantHQ.
The same goes for echelon, they could buy 2 bazookas, or one elite bazooka, like sturmpioners. But now we need to return to the base to take this weapon, and OKW should not go back to the base.

What do you think about this players for the USF? How often do you give bazookas for riflemans or bars for echelons? This is complete nonsense.

Buddy this is how it works,
Ost get's free ability upgrades from tech but have to bloody actually make units,
USF gets free units from tech but have to bloody actually get abilities.
And what part of risk vs reward don't you get.

You wanna side tech and not double on map presence but make the things you have out more stronger.
Same with ost, Wait and spend resources on teching that don't help you now but gives you access to stuff.

Risk v Reward my friend.
4 Feb 2020, 14:18 PM

Weapon racks are cool, and all about options, It's optimal to get RET zooks, and BARs to RM, but you have the option to do the opposite in a pinch, I also like how it allows you to mix the weapons, spread or concentrate the firepower (going double BAR on fewer squads, or single BAR on everyone)
also getting weapons is instant and doesn't get in the way of reinforcement queue. Also what about Ass engies? Cavalry RM? Triple BAR Rangers?

Putting so many weapon/upgrade options on all of the USF infantry is just unnecessairy clutter.
4 Feb 2020, 14:20 PM

Buddy this is how it works,
Ost get's free ability upgrades from tech but have to bloody actually make units,
USF gets free units from tech but have to bloody actually get abilities.
And what part of risk vs reward don't you get.

You wanna side tech and not double on map presence but make the things you have out more stronger.
Same with ost, Wait and spend resources on teching that don't help you now but gives you access to stuff.

Risk v Reward my friend.

"but have to bloody actually make units" what does it mean? i dont understand.

Ostheer have fine grens (almost like tommy) This is one of my favorite line infantry, especially with the MG34. And also have mg42 in the start. I really don't understand you.
4 Feb 2020, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 14:18 PMMusti
Cavalry RM? Triple BAR Rangers?

How often do you use this? I have never seen anything like this from pro players.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 14:18 PMMusti
Putting so many weapon/upgrade options on all of the USF infantry is just unnecessairy clutter.
exactly
4 Feb 2020, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 14:20 PMRiley

"but have to bloody actually make units" what does it mean? i dont understand.

Ostheer have fine grens (almost like tommy) This is one of my favorite line infantry, especially with the MG34. And also have mg42 in the start. I really don't understand you.

You don't get free units from tech like USF you get abilities. So all the time consuming teching doesn't actually result in more field presence.
For USF they get immediate field presence boost by teching, but your units can't do cool things for that you have to side tech you wait around a bit where nothing happens like ost.
I don't know where your "Grens" came from. Also not to hurt youf feelings but PG's >>>>>>>>>> Grens.
4 Feb 2020, 14:33 PM

You don't get free units from tech like USF you get abilities. So all the time consuming teching doesn't actually result in more field presence.
For USF they get immediate field presence boost by teching, but your units can't do cool things for that you have to side tech you wait around a bit where nothing happens like ost.
I don't know where your "Grens" came from. Also not to hurt youf feelings but PG's >>>>>>>>>> Grens.

In most cases, the USF player opens the captain or lieutenant’s HQ and then calls the major. As a result, the USF receives one free infantry squad? This is a lieutenant or captain. Is this the reason why the USF cannot have a bar and grenades at no special cost?
4 Feb 2020, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 14:33 PMRiley

In most cases, the USF player opens the captain or lieutenant’s HQ and then calls the major. As a result, the USF receives one free infantry squad? This is a lieutenant or captain. Is this the reason why the USF cannot have a bar and grenades at no special cost?

Yes it is. Cus USF have no actual defensive capabilities they have to attack, those extra units that don't have to build works in increasing field presence that your presence now has to counter with lower number of troops. They'll help you cap/flank. The fact that you don't have to wait long in tech transition to get better units gives you far more immediate advantage than those abilities.

And the game is supposed to be about choices and consequences which the current build of the game has been extremely eroded away.
4 Feb 2020, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 14:25 PMRiley

How often do you use this? I have never seen anything like this from pro players.

Spoiler: I'm not a pro player, and neither are you.
How often? I don't know, but it happens, occasionally.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 14:25 PMRiley

exactly

Then why are you proposing to add all of these upgrades? Unless you want to take options AWAY from the USF, at which point It's more of a nerf than anything. I'm not sure what your angle here is, you want to take away weapon rack because you can't be bothered to go back to base (it's not like your inf ever retreats or anything) And you want to drop the side tech, even though they are a part of the entire tech structure, And have been part of the USF design from the start? If the side techs are gone, fuel cost of all base techs will have to go up.

Are you scared of having a choice or what?
4 Feb 2020, 15:17 PM

Yes it is. Cus USF have no actual defensive capabilities they have to attack, those extra units that don't have to build works in increasing field presence that your presence now has to counter with lower number of troops. They'll help you cap/flank. The fact that you don't have to wait long in tech transition to get better units gives you far more immediate advantage than those abilities.

And the game is supposed to be about choices and consequences which the current build of the game has been extremely eroded away.

4 squads of volk or panzerfusilier, this is the standard group okw. The USF also have 3 squads of riflemans and of lieutenant OR captain. And they all arrive at the same time. But OKW does not buy stg44 technology or grenade flame. And panzerfusillers too.
4 Feb 2020, 15:19 PM

Give me sticky bombs and BAR upgrades from CoH1 :)
4 Feb 2020, 15:27 PM

I don't like the weapon racks myself because it creates so many balance problems. I'd honestly have much rather preferred Riflemen squads have both a BAR and bazooka upgrade (that do not cancel each other out). REs would have their doctrinal flamer and rifle grenade BS. Assault Engineers could have the flamer and BAR. Etc. Officers have access to both types. Could cut out the weapon racks tech this way too, at the cost of not being able to double BAR or double zook.

IMO the elite bazooka is implemented in a thoroughly stupid way as it is and doesn't even benefit from the bazooka bulletins. I'd want to keep them extremely limited (ie rangers and support paras)
4 Feb 2020, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 15:17 PMRiley

4 squads of volk or panzerfusilier, this is the standard group okw. The USF also have 3 squads of riflemans and of lieutenant OR captain. And they all arrive at the same time. But OKW does not buy stg44 technology or grenade flame. And panzerfusillers too.

The fact that you did not have to pay for Lt/Cpt kinda went over you head I suppose. Also Rifles Cpt/Lt are stronger then volks/fusiliers and have upgrades so I don't see what arre you complaining about. that fact you can make 3 rifles and go into tech and still get a unit while okw have to build 4h volks then tech seems like your better off m8.
4 Feb 2020, 15:31 PM

Give me sticky bombs and BAR upgrades from CoH1 :)

Yes give purchasable vet for ost/okw.
4 Feb 2020, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 15:14 PMMusti

Spoiler: I'm not a pro player, and neither are you.
How often? I don't know, but it happens, occasionally.

Then why are you proposing to add all of these upgrades? Unless you want to take options AWAY from the USF, at which point It's more of a nerf than anything. I'm not sure what your angle here is, you want to take away weapon rack because you can't be bothered to go back to base (it's not like your inf ever retreats or anything) And you want to drop the side tech, even though they are a part of the entire tech structure, And have been part of the USF design from the start? If the side techs are gone, fuel cost of all base techs will have to go up.

Are you scared of having a choice or what?

I have explained. The game presents the racks as a feature. But this is actually a problem. I once said, 2x bazookas and 2x panzershreks are equally muni. (100 muni) And this is not fair. Because bazooka is much worse. + This is a separate paid technology. What people respond to, in particular, “Propagandacast” that bazookas can be given to any squad, and this is an advantage. Axis fans are very tricky, they say bar and bazooka technologies are paid because it is in racks. I demand a similar "nerf" for the USF!

Decision:
Delete weapon racks and deprive the USF of such a “feature”.
Bazookas will be at the echelon. And the riflemans will have the bars. Just like the OKW has it. (STG44 and panzershrek for stormpioners).

2. Yes, and another reason is the need to retreat to the base in order to have a bar. Sometimes you hold an important position, and you can’t buy a bar while being on it. But OKW can buy stg44.

4 Feb 2020, 15:33 PM

I think eventually people are going to have to admit the USF faction features were a bad idea. Both vehicle crews and weapon racks. Cause nothing but trouble for very little gameplay bonus.
4 Feb 2020, 15:35 PM

The fact that you did not have to pay for Lt/Cpt kinda went over you head I suppose. Also Rifles Cpt/Lt are stronger then volks/fusiliers and have upgrades so I don't see what arre you complaining about. that fact you can make 3 rifles and go into tech and still get a unit while okw have to build 4h volks then tech seems like your better off m8.

The panzerfullisers are definitely stronger than the captain. (3 model of rifleman and 2 echelons) And a lieutenant without a bar is weaker than a panzerfuzzier.
4 Feb 2020, 15:43 PM

I don't like the weapon racks myself because it creates so many balance problems. I'd honestly have much rather preferred Riflemen squads have both a BAR and bazooka upgrade (that do not cancel each other out). REs would have their doctrinal flamer and rifle grenade BS. Assault Engineers could have the flamer and BAR. Etc. Officers have access to both types. Could cut out the weapon racks tech this way too, at the cost of not being able to double BAR or double zook.

IMO the elite bazooka is implemented in a thoroughly stupid way as it is and doesn't even benefit from the bazooka bulletins. I'd want to keep them extremely limited (ie rangers and support paras)

Riflemans absolutely dont need these weak bazookas. I'd rather keep one garand or buy a bar. Like most USF players. It’s better to give bazooka to echelon. its against the kubel. And just delete these racks.
4 Feb 2020, 15:52 PM

Relic is never going to delete the weapon racks.

What they could do is remove OKW's ability to almost universally upgrade in enemy territory. I'm really not sure why they still have that.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★