Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes potential theater of war

4 Feb 2020, 13:28 PM

It could be in Company of Heroes 2 DLC or Company of Heroes 3 I can only think of two remaining theater
The Pacific with ( of course US and Japan)
North Africa (German and US, Brit)
I think this 2 theater of wars got a lot of unique content and potential, you won't lack any of the major factions that are present in the war.
P.S Sorry but Italia doesn't have that much unique content.

What is your favorite theater and why?
4 Feb 2020, 13:32 PM

Its not happening, not in CoH2.

In case you haven't noticed, ToW concept was abandoned 6 years ago and official development of the game was abandoned shortly after UKF release.
4 Feb 2020, 13:34 PM

Its not happening, not in CoH2.

In case you haven't noticed, ToW concept was abandoned 6 years ago and official development of the game was abandoned shortly after UKF release.

I actually didn't know that thank you for the head up, can I ask why they abandon the theater of war concept?
4 Feb 2020, 13:43 PM

No official reason, but its quite easy to tell it was too little money for too much work.
4 Feb 2020, 13:52 PM

I think not having doctrines with minor factions for the major factions was a missed opportunity for Relic.

You could have French and Italian units without designing a whole faction around them. :D
4 Feb 2020, 14:50 PM

The War Theater came out as cheap as the whole Company of Heroes 2 in general. It could become a very interesting set of mini stories, but it turned out to be one cooperative mission, one single mission and several skirmish. Theater of War is a big missed potential. It was possible to make a campaign entirely dedicated to a particular theater of war, as the name says. Take Stalingrad - to tell about the Italian and Romanian troops about their history and fate and other things like that. It could be very interesting. Yes, probably the price should have been more than it was. But if the product is high-quality and interesting, I would buy it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★