Login

russian armor

Why do people think ass grens suck

1 Feb 2020, 19:12 PM

I misunderstood your post, sorry.
It's OK.
1 Feb 2020, 20:24 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Ok, then why not redesign them then? I mean if they don't work change them something that does work(I feel they are fine, probably need vet requirements to go down a bit). I get the commander also has Tiger/TA so that might be a problem, But Shocks+IS2(mod team pls don't NERF) exist so i don't see the almighty problem.

I mean it's possible. I'm not on the balance team and wouldn't have a say in that. But the problem with having a CQC squad right off the get go is that if they're too strong they define the meta and games end in 5-7 minutes, or they're just not efficient enough to warrant a fast doctrine pick, at least not without other things in the doctrine like lategame. Mechanized assualt comes to mind.
1 Feb 2020, 20:40 PM

I mean it's possible. I'm not on the balance team and wouldn't have a say in that. But the problem with having a CQC squad right off the get go is that if they're too strong they define the meta and games end in 5-7 minutes, or they're just not efficient enough to warrant a fast doctrine pick, at least not without other things in the doctrine like lategame. Mechanized assualt comes to mind.

Well that's fair. What about a better mid game upgrade for the ass gren do you think that would make them work.
1 Feb 2020, 20:45 PM

Well that's fair. What about a better mid game upgrade for the ass gren do you think that would make them work.

Better upgrade then another model(survivability) with another gun(dps)?
There is no better upgrade here then what they already got.
1 Feb 2020, 21:34 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2020, 17:26 PMLago

If memory serves Assgrens vs USF has always been suicide.

No they were decent, before rifle buffs.
1 Feb 2020, 21:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Because people play completely different modes and they have completely different experience with the unit.

1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 and completely different beasts.
2 Feb 2020, 06:37 AM

Better upgrade then another model(survivability) with another gun(dps)?
There is no better upgrade here then what they already got.

Well what about another model + 1 stg44(transferable) + 0.95 RA thats a little bit better don't you think.
2 Feb 2020, 06:38 AM

Because people play completely different modes and they have completely different experience with the unit.

1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 and completely different beasts.

True. So much so that the up ostheer in 1v1 is considered OP in 4v4.
2 Feb 2020, 08:54 AM

High level 1v1 is still full of assgrens. VonIvan today was all Pgrens and Assgrens. I have no idea how anyone thinks this unit is bad. Muh useless vs USF is a crock of shit too if you're not stupid.
2 Feb 2020, 09:15 AM

High level 1v1 is still full of assgrens. VonIvan today was all Pgrens and Assgrens. I have no idea how anyone thinks this unit is bad. Muh useless vs USF is a crock of shit too if you're not stupid.

You do realize only VonIvan is crazy enough to make somethings in the game work right. I don't personaly think they are bad they just need vet and the 6th man along too work though. in the early game they need that gren support imo.
2 Feb 2020, 09:29 AM

Well what about another model + 1 stg44(transferable) + 0.95 RA thats a little bit better don't you think.

Only if you want to end up with overpowered unit.
2 Feb 2020, 09:39 AM

Only if you want to end up with overpowered unit.

Ok how???? Exactly how??? Don't leave me hanging here back up your claim.
2 Feb 2020, 09:41 AM

Ok how???? Exactly how??? Don't leave me hanging here back up your claim.

Because current base cost, upgrade cost and upgrade performance are balanced against other units already.
If the unit lacks anything, its the skill from the player using them.

They are not shock troops.
They never were shock troops.
They will not become shock troops.
2 Feb 2020, 10:02 AM

Because current base cost, upgrade cost and upgrade performance are balanced against other units already.
If the unit lacks anything, its the skill from the player using them.

They are not shock troops.
They never were shock troops.
They will not become shock troops.

Ahh....
Let me get this straight, despite people saying they suck you think adding an stg would make them OP compared other infantry of same cost(280 mp + 0cp) getting 2 Elite Thompsons. Just just.. amazing.

OST must clearly be OP in your mind then.
2 Feb 2020, 10:13 AM

I don't think they suck, but they are very difficult to use. They can't run up to squads and beat them so convincingly that they themselves can stay on the field after a single fight. So to gain map control you need to get ambushes with them and win fights properly, but it's hard to get those off consistently.
2 Feb 2020, 10:17 AM

Ahh....
Let me get this straight, despite people saying they suck you think adding an stg would make them OP compared other infantry of same cost(280 mp + 0cp) getting 2 Elite Thompsons. Just just.. amazing.

Open your eyes, Alliis fan-boys dominate the game-balance and counter-options arn't distributed fraction-neutral.
2 Feb 2020, 10:29 AM

Boy, this has turned into a balance thread really quickly.
2 Feb 2020, 10:45 AM

MOD's pls lock the thread it's going downhill
2 Feb 2020, 10:47 AM

Ahh....

People say every single unit sucks, without exception.
People also say every single unit is op, without exception.
"People's" opinion doesn't hold much value.

Stats however do.
And stats say AGs perform and scale just as well as any other unit sharing that early CQC role.

Hell, you yourself are dictionary example of both my opening lines here, completely ignoring what 6th man brings for AGs, while praising assault tommies much more then you should, forgetting they get just more firepower, not durability, contrary to AGs.

6-men AGs also throw 6 nades in an assault.

Too much trees have obstructed your view of the forest I guess?
2 Feb 2020, 11:21 AM

VonIvan is the living proof that assgrens can perform very well, but you have to live close to the edge to make them work. If you want a less risky build, just get a single squad of them to supplement your normal Grens, with or without MG42.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Netherlands 23
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak