Login

russian armor

Why do people think ass grens suck

1 Feb 2020, 16:44 PM

I know stupid question: Why do people think they suck? I had a thread about these guys, where people expressed they are trash or niche and just thought was claiming they were OP.

Also if people think they suck why not just buff em??? I mean if they are soo utterly useless why not just make em not suck??
1 Feb 2020, 16:47 PM

Because people outside ELO hell can actually micro properly.

Also assgrens vs USF is suicide since riflemen buffs.
1 Feb 2020, 16:51 PM

Yeah that's the thing people expect them to just charge infantry and win and when they obviously don't they think they are trash.
I mean I saw some games where they were used vs USF with pretty good effect. And one weird game where the guys grens kept dying non stop.
1 Feb 2020, 17:17 PM

Because people skip T1 if they go assgrens, exposing themselves to 1001 weaknesses.
1 Feb 2020, 17:17 PM

I don't think they suck. They are just very situational. They aren't good enough vs USF but against UKF and Soviets they can be good if you use them correctly. High risk, high reward type of unit.
1 Feb 2020, 17:26 PM

If memory serves Assgrens vs USF has always been suicide.
1 Feb 2020, 17:28 PM

they are kind of op in the early game(had cons in green cover, they just rushed me and won), but get useless as the game progresses (when schocks, bars etc arrive) becouse they dont scale so good. You basically sacrifice lategame scaling for an early game punch ( assgren mg42 combo is very strong early).

All in all i think they are fine and balanced, just dont expect them to do anything vs upgrated or more vetted allied inf
1 Feb 2020, 17:30 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

They don't work vs USF in the slightest, soviets shut them down once shocks hit the field at 2CP, and they're ok vs UKF depending on map. I'd say they're very situational, but the fact that they just don't work at all vs 1 faction and shock rifle is currently meta I'd say they just don't really have a place currently.
1 Feb 2020, 18:03 PM

they are kind of op in the early game(had cons in green cover, they just rushed me and won), but get useless as the game progresses (when schocks, bars etc arrive) becouse they dont scale so good. You basically sacrifice lategame scaling for an early game punch ( assgren mg42 combo is very strong early).

All in all i think they are fine and balanced, just dont expect them to do anything vs upgrated or more vetted allied inf

They don't scale very well?
They have one of the best vet bonuses(outside of shocks they have the best defenses for a 6 man squad) for an assault squad in the game. +They have a strong nade(s) too. They are no less useful than any other assault squad at vet 3.
1 Feb 2020, 18:07 PM

They don't work vs USF in the slightest, soviets shut them down once shocks hit the field at 2CP, and they're ok vs UKF depending on map. I'd say they're very situational, but the fact that they just don't work at all vs 1 faction and shock rifle is currently meta I'd say they just don't really have a place currently.

Ok, then why not redesign them then? I mean if they don't work change them something that does work(I feel they are fine, probably need vet requirements to go down a bit). I get the commander also has Tiger/TA so that might be a problem, But Shocks+IS2(mod team pls don't NERF) exist so i don't see the almighty problem.
1 Feb 2020, 18:07 PM

I think the only problem with the unit is it is situational and map dependant. I use to get beat up pretty badly by those guy when playing as UKF.
1 Feb 2020, 18:08 PM

They don't scale very well?
They have one of the best vet bonuses(outside of shocks they have the best defenses for a 6 man squad) for an assault squad in the game. +They have a strong nade(s) too. They are no less useful than any other assault squad at vet 3.

For the last time

Scaling isn’t a synonym of Vet Bonuses
1 Feb 2020, 18:09 PM

For the last time

Scaling isn’t a synonym of Vet Bonuses

OK, can you please explain how are they any less useful than other assault infantry at vet3 with 6th man upgrade????
1 Feb 2020, 18:15 PM

OK, can you please explain how are they any less useful than other assault infantry at vet3 with 6th man upgrade????

Assgrens only have sprint and a very long windup on their expensive nade assault, so can easily be zoned out and bled on approach.

Shocks have armour, god nade and smoke nade. Bonus points for using For Mother War Crimes.

Comandos have camouflage and nukenade, plus smoke on retreat. Wipe and run galore.

Assault Sections will now have 3 stens and 2 Thompsons, plus war crime nades.

Cav Rifles have satchel with magic homing technology plus Thompsons.

Volks with MP40s have smoke, but tbh I’d take assgrens over them plus I hate feurstorm.

PPSH Cons have snare and can build cover and are cheaper.
1 Feb 2020, 18:24 PM

Assgrens only have sprint and a very long windup on their expensive nade assault, so can easily be zoned out and bled on approach.

Shocks have armour, god nade and smoke nade. Bonus points for using For Mother War Crimes.

Comandos have camouflage and nukenade, plus smoke on retreat. Wipe and run galore.

Assault Sections will now have 3 stens and 2 Thompsons, plus war crime nades.

Cav Rifles have satchel with magic homing technology plus Thompsons.

Volks with MP40s have smoke, but tbh I’d take assgrens over them plus I hate feurstorm.

PPSH Cons have snare and can build cover and are cheaper.

That did not show show how they are less useful. Different assault infantry has different uses.

Ahh... ass sections always had 3 stens and 2 tompsons. I don't see what's your point is. In fact their durability at vet 3 is worse now (0.59 vs 0.64) though their dps is higher.

What about thompson rangers and thompson paras???? why not include them???They have smoke and nuke nades right(i forgot)??

1 Feb 2020, 18:25 PM

That did not show show how they are less useful. Different assault infantry has different uses.

Ahh... ass sections always had 3 stens and 2 tompsons. I don't see what's your point is. In fact their durability at vet 3 is worse now (0.59 vs 0.64) though their dps is higher.

What about thompson rangers and thompson paras???? why not include them???They have smoke and nuke nades right(i forgot)??

I’m not gonna make a 20min youtube video comparing them, I’m giving you something better: my experience with them as a high ranked player in a competitive environment.

Also why use Thompson Paras/Rangers? They are obviously miles ahead of assgrens.
1 Feb 2020, 18:32 PM

I’m not gonna make a 20min youtube video comparing them, I’m giving you something better: my experience with them as a high ranked player in a competitive environment.

Also why use Thompson Paras/Rangers? They are obviously miles ahead of assgrens.

I did not want a comparison either. I appreciate that your imparting experience onto me. But shocks are also miles better than aasgrens you included them. But aren't Rangers and specially paras are more likely to be cut down by ahh.. lmg grens and when they get close pgrens.

Also upgraded asections, cav rifles cant pick up 2 weapons. Isn't that a plus.
1 Feb 2020, 18:39 PM

Also upgraded asections, cav rifles cant pick up 2 weapons. Isn't that a plus.

As far as i know, Thompsons ass sections only have 1 weapons slot, and give them a bren is quite useless since it cant fire on the move and do less damage at close.
1 Feb 2020, 18:50 PM

As far as i know, Thompsons ass sections only have 1 weapons slot, and give them a bren is quite useless since it cant fire on the move and do less damage at close.

Well that's what i said. ASection can't pick 2 weapons so is that not a plus for 6 man ass grens that they can pick 2 weapons.
1 Feb 2020, 19:06 PM

Well that's what i said. ASection can't pick 2 weapons so is that not a plus for 6 man ass grens that they can pick 2 weapons.

I misunderstood your post, sorry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS