Login

russian armor

Undeniable Easy Eight problem.

PAGES (7)down
31 Jan 2020, 18:55 PM

None of the images you provided tested with vet bonuses. I'm interested to see what happens then.
welll yes i did no test with vet, i said base mg and moving

and nothing will change with vet about the moving scatter only the base scatter for p4 okw
31 Jan 2020, 19:01 PM

thanks for doing test and sharing the results. very constructive work.
31 Jan 2020, 19:31 PM

It's really just the doctrine. Ez8 can't carry a doctrine when Heavy Cav gives you Pershing and Rangers

Ez8 is really really good. It's just that flares+rear echelon flamers is not as good as rangers. I think I even prefer the regular smoke barrage over W.P. offmap

Commanders like heavy Cav really shouldn't be in the game imo
31 Jan 2020, 19:41 PM

Commanders like heavy Cav really shouldn't be in the game imo

Rangers elite infantry and an Elite tank should not be combined. One or the other...
31 Jan 2020, 20:20 PM

Add scopes Garand ability to the commander? Only way I see to get the rifle theme into a useful ability

Fun fact, but I tried making a mod that does just that. Unfortunately, I discovered that Riflemen don't have the animation for Scoped Garands in their apb file. So I thought, well I'll just add it in and it'll be fine. So I did, only to realize that it turns *all* their Garands into scoped Garands, regardless of the upgrade. They'll have them immediately upon spawn. It's all visual of course, without the upgrade the stats won't change, but it's annoying from an immersion point of view.

So far I haven't discovered any way to give them scoped garands solely through the upgrade process, because Relic in their infinite wisdom didn't create a variant of the Scoped Garand in the attribute editor the way they did for the G43, which has a sniper and a non-scoped variant.
31 Jan 2020, 20:23 PM

Fun fact, but I tried making a mod that does just that...

Have you tried replacing the model with one from Path finders?
31 Jan 2020, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2020, 20:23 PMVipper

Have you tried replacing the model with one from Path finders?

Replacing one of the Rifleman models? Not yet no, I wanted to try and keep the squad looking the same, but I suppose that could be a possible solution. I'm not sure if you can replace outright a model with an upgrade, I think they can only modify existing squad loadouts by increasing or decreasing squad size (stuff like the 7th man conscript, or Bolster, or OST veteran leader upgrade). But I'll look into that.
31 Jan 2020, 22:54 PM

Did you realy believe easy eight is one of the 'best' brawlers ?
. It'll out fight an up armoured p4 and give a panther a good fight due to its own high pen and moving accuracy. It's like an up armoured t34/85. So yea. It is one of the best brawlers.

What in your opinion is a better brawler exactly?
1 Feb 2020, 01:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2020, 19:41 PMVipper

Rangers elite infantry and an Elite tank should not be combined. One or the other...

panzergrens and tigers.

obers and KT

falls and KT

STG obers and KT

but of course,

shocks and is2

commandos and churhills (lol)

i dont know sir, maybe some stuff should be doctrinal right?
1 Feb 2020, 03:53 AM

For the same price, Ez8 is better than OKW Pz4, I don't think we need to buff it.
1 Feb 2020, 04:51 AM

EZ8 sucks. I mean it's okay against the OKW Panzer 4 but sucks against anything without wheels or tracks.

OkWs P4 is the best anti-infantry medium tank the game has, it's probably tied with the Comet as best all around standard tank.
1 Feb 2020, 05:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2020, 04:51 AMCODGUY
EZ8 sucks. I mean it's okay against the OKW Panzer 4 but sucks against anything without wheels or tracks.

OkWs P4 is the best anti-infantry medium tank the game has, it's probably tied with the Comet as best all around standard tank.

I had a sarcastic reply but I just... I can't even....

The E8 is an AT focused tank Einstein. That's why it does well against tanks and less so against not tanks.... That. It. Fucking. Purpose.

Yknow how you and everyone wail about how the Jackson can't be touched ever because then it's got nothing to deal with tanks? And they you say about how this is good against tanks? I'm sure if we give you enough time and maybe 2 or 3 lifelines even you can figure it out.

You expect every single unit to do exceptionally against every target. That's not how it works.
WHEN the E8 was good at both AI and AT at the same time it overshadowed both the sherman and the Jackson. That's bad design
You are supposed to complement your lineup with doctrinal units not replace them out right.
Want AI? Get the m4
Want AT? Get the e8
Want it both at the same time? Tough shit. Try combined arms.
1 Feb 2020, 05:15 AM

I had a sarcastic reply but I just... I can't even....

The E8 is an AT focused tank Einstein. That's why it does well against tanks and less so against not tanks.... That. It. Fucking. Purpose.

Yknow how you and everyone wail about how the Jackson can't be touched ever because then it's got nothing to deal with tanks? And they you say about how this is good against tanks? I'm sure if we give you enough time and maybe 2 or 3 lifelines even you can figure it out.

You expect every single unit to do exceptionally against every target. That's not how it works.
WHEN the E8 was good at both AI and AT at the same time it overshadowed both the sherman and the Jackson. That's bad design
You are supposed to complement your lineup with doctrinal units not replace them out right.
Want AI? Get the m4
Want AT? Get the e8
Want it both at the same time? Tough shit. Try combined arms.

An AT focused tank that can't reliably penetrate anything beyond a Panzer 4J and is worse than the much cheaper 76mm Sherman with HVAP rounds? Really? The Easy 8 was much better a couple years ago then they nerfed its scatter in one of the patches back in 2017 or early 2018.

They don't necessarily have to improve the scatter, they could give it WP rounds as an alternate ammunition type.
1 Feb 2020, 07:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2020, 01:47 AMwongtp

panzergrens and tigers.

obers and KT

falls and KT

STG obers and KT

but of course,

shocks and is2

commandos and churhills (lol)

i dont know sir, maybe some stuff should be doctrinal right?

PG and Tiger are not an issue neither are KT and obers/Falls or Churchill and commandos.

Imo G43 and Tiger is an issue and so are IS-2/KV-2/ISU-152 and shock/guards.

Doctrinal super heavies tanks should not have doctrinal elite infatry support. Commander should either provide Super heavy vehicles or elite infatry. Then both the elite infatry and Super heavies become easier to balance.
1 Feb 2020, 07:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2020, 05:15 AMCODGUY
The Easy 8 was much better a couple years ago then they nerfed its scatter in one of the patches back in 2017 or early 2018.

They don't necessarily have to improve the scatter, they could give it WP rounds as an alternate ammunition type.

They did not nerfed its scatter they actually give it one since it had none...

M4A3 76mm ‘Easy-Eight’
The Easy-Eight will still have lower moving scatter than most other tanks; previously the E8 had no scatter penalties for moving.

Moving scatter from 1 to 1.35
1 Feb 2020, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2020, 05:15 AMCODGUY

An AT focused tank that can't reliably penetrate anything beyond a Panzer 4J and is worse than the much cheaper 76mm Sherman with HVAP rounds? Really? The Easy 8 was much better a couple years ago then they nerfed its scatter in one of the patches back in 2017 or early 2018.

It doesn't have to be a fucking heavy tank killer to be AT focused. The the nerf to panther armour its never been a better option. Guaranteed to win against p4s and a good chance against panthers is solid has hell. It's also one of the only usf tanks in the game that can bounce pak and Shrek shots.
1 Feb 2020, 13:23 PM

It doesn't have to be a fucking heavy tank killer to be AT focused. The the nerf to panther armour its never been a better option. Guaranteed to win against p4s and a good chance against panthers is solid has hell. It's also one of the only usf tanks in the game that can bounce pak and Shrek shots.

E8 doesn't really stand that good of a chance against panther, especially since it got more health and RoF since last time E8 was actually used frequently.

That being said, E8 isn't really in a bad spot itself, its good and strong generalist tank that is a victim of both, heavy tank spam and USF having 50 different shermans.
1 Feb 2020, 13:36 PM

E8 doesn't really stand that good of a chance against panther, especially since it got more health and RoF since last time E8 was actually used frequently.

That being said, E8 isn't really in a bad spot itself, its good and strong generalist tank that is a victim of both, heavy tank spam and USF having 50 different shermans.

Its not going to win against a panther, but it won't be a complete pushover like an M4 is what I mean. It will pen reasonably frequently which means it's got a chance, especially on the move.
1 Feb 2020, 13:39 PM

Its not going to win against a panther, but it won't be a complete pushover like an M4 is what I mean. It will pen reasonably frequently which means it's got a chance, especially on the move.

Yeah, that's more on point.
1 Feb 2020, 14:42 PM

And do ‘t forget radio net which makes EZ8 packs very reliable panzerjägers.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
unknown 11
New Zealand 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %