Login

russian armor

On map howitzers targeting base sector

24 Jan 2020, 22:33 PM

Shouldnt it be finally disaled just like the offmaps?

Its basically an equivalent of cheesing a boss fight in an action game.

- It´s very easy to do

- It´s a lot of results for a relatively cheap cost

- It can´t be avoided, especially if ur playin a non FRP faction

- You´re supposed to have a good chance of winning even without killing enemy howies. But you dont.

- Even if you reshape your Build Order and playstyle into more agressive and mobile, with little reliance on support weapons (which is already a problem in itself in certain matchups), you still have to visit your base often

And even if you commit to killing it:

- It´s very easy to protect from dives

- Even if you dive you are likely sacrifacin a vehicle more expensive than the howi itself

- Even if you reach it, it takes at least 3 shots to kill while having relatively low RA

- To avoid diving, you´d need to pick a doctrine with some offmaps, which you should not have to + you still need sight on it

And by howies I mean, ML20+ B4, LEFH, Priest, Sexton. Others require closing distance, putting themselves at risk and godly timin, so it aint that unfair

Im trying to think of something good we´d lose by restrictin them from base sector fire. Got no ideas
24 Jan 2020, 22:38 PM

Why?

Its on map unit, not global range ability.
24 Jan 2020, 22:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2020, 22:38 PMKatitof
Why?

Its on map unit, not global range ability.

I have posted an entire list of reasons why.

Most maps are small AF, and if it could reach from its own base (where it cant even be anymore, but just to illustrate) it basically counts as global range
24 Jan 2020, 22:45 PM

And all of the reasons can be applied to literally any other unit.

There is no magical Hitler-field or Iron curtain protecting your base from on-map units. You do it yourself.
24 Jan 2020, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2020, 22:45 PMKatitof
And all of the reasons can be applied to literally any other unit.

There is no magical Hitler-field or Iron curtain protecting your base from on-map units. You do it yourself.

They cant

Almost no infantry can effectively harm you in base

All other indirect than the howies has to come closer, paintin a target on its back

All non- indirect fire vehicles have to be physically present near the base, becoming vulnerable to AT and snares
24 Jan 2020, 23:18 PM

Hill 400 is a good example.
I dont like base bombing, and i rarely do it myself in PvP for the sake of fairness.
I think its not that "easy" to disable tho
MMX
25 Jan 2020, 04:07 AM

not sure what gamemode you are referring to, but at least for 1v1 being able to fire into the base sector is pretty much all on-maps have going for. usually they're more a bane than a boon to your army composition due to high popcap and lack of static, clumped-up targets - at least compared to 2v2 and onwards. plus, you'll most often be firing into the FOW when attacking the base sector, so scatter will be so high that you'll actually need quite a bit of luck to hit anything at all. combined with the recent nerf to barrage cooldown, i think being able to target the base sector is not really an issue.
25 Jan 2020, 08:56 AM

I would rather allow players to be able to set their own retreat point within their base.
25 Jan 2020, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2020, 04:07 AMMMX
not sure what gamemode you are referring to, but at least for 1v1 being able to fire into the base sector is pretty much all on-maps have going for. usually they're more a bane than a boon to your army composition due to high popcap and lack of static, clumped-up targets - at least compared to 2v2 and onwards. plus, you'll most often be firing into the FOW when attacking the base sector, so scatter will be so high that you'll actually need quite a bit of luck to hit anything at all. combined with the recent nerf to barrage cooldown, i think being able to target the base sector is not really an issue.

I was refering mainly to 2vs2

If all they have goin for them in 1vs1 is base fire, they probably shouldnt be there at all

The scatter is not a problem, with the RoF and barrage lenghts, youre still bound to get good hits and wipes sooner or later

If needed, they might be compensated by some other buff
25 Jan 2020, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2020, 08:56 AMVipper
snap
+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %