Login

russian armor

COH2 winter balance mod - discussion

PAGES (44)down
29 Jan 2020, 10:05 AM

Zis does 80hp damage per barrage, pretty potent and again cost effective in allies favour
29 Jan 2020, 10:11 AM

Don't think new IRHT sight little short?How about after set increase sight to 90m but rotate light like old time?
29 Jan 2020, 10:19 AM

No, I didn't get it from Dane. Zis barrage is 35munis for a 0 timer bundle grenade lobbed from at least 60 range THREE times with actually very good accuracy, while a SINGLE bundle nade for axis costs 35 munis. If you fail to see how op that is for the zis barrage (well, talking to you is pointless anyways cuz your almost as hopeless as Katitof) It's impossible to dodge with support weapons. At least when you throw a grenade, u can see the animation and there's a 1 sec timer.

Why should we nerf the teller? Ost is the "so called" defensive faction. Yet Brits have a far easier time playing defense. Grens can't even build their own sandbags. So much for a defensive faction. So the mines better be superior.

0 sec timer? It needs to go and setup and raise the barrel. the round travels pretty slow compared to when it fires its regular shot. Its first round does not wipe full health teams with any concistancy.
The acc was made better because before it fired 6 round all over the place. Mg,s paks could better not move or they would actualy be hit. It displaced almost nothing outside a lucky hit. 60 ammo at the time was a waste. They reduced it to 3 round to compensate the increase in acc.
But i do agree that its a cheap ability atm.

Also the so called agressive faction lacking actual nades have less dps and armour overall compared to ost and esp okw. How is it suposed to break open a defensive line? With bodies? With utility alone? With the slowest firing mortar in the game meaning i always need 2? sacrificing a t34 with ram and spend 300mp and 100 fuel just to force an opening?

And talking to me is pointless? Coming from you with your allied bias conspiracy on the mod team and calling moron and fan boys to any who dont agree with you is just laughable at best.
29 Jan 2020, 11:00 AM

I have been playing some games on the patch, with mates around rank 100 in 2v2, so good players but I don't know how top players handle the patch.

About the changes:

1) The Heavy tank meta

I think the changes are ineffective : CP is an irrelevant changes, since you have the tech and ressources to get the heavy tank around 11-12 CPs.
Recharges change isn't good as well, since most players keep their heavy tanks a bit longer, or if it's destroyied, they don't have enough resources to get it back immediatly.
"Require all tech building". I honestly don't know, because at the moment, heavy tanks are (in most cases) part of the game where either : you take advantage of resources advantages, or it's a comeback tool. requiring all tech would impact the comeback tool, but i'm not sure yet.

2) Brits Changes

Pyro smokes is a great idea : A few ammo, to push weapon teams and hide lines of sight. not expansive, limited range : a good and balanced change.
Medic squad is a good one too. before, you needed a HQ in the basee with an upgrade so 200 MP and 60 ammo to have meds in base. now it's a 180 MP squad, that can distribute meds supplies for 3 seconds, available from T0. good change again.

Airlanding officer is a unit i never went for, and i didn't try it out yet so can't give an opinion.

3) Soviet changes

removing the 7 man conscript squad bonus makes Soviets suffer in the late game infantry play against OKW even more than now. However, Airborne guards is a good change with a strafe that can support effectively.
I still think that, when choosing this commander, getting SVTs rifle on Conscript is worth more than getting 7 man squads, because it's cheaper and comes earlier. given a snare without PTRS rifles, it's a more solid solution than Penals. SVTs rifles could be a non doctrinal upgrade tied to T3 or 4.

4) USF changes

Not much to say, but cluster bombs change isn't a good one, since the plane still looks like a Star Wars space ship jumping into HyperSpace : The delay changes isn't effective enough. depends on where the planes come from too

5) OKW changes

Problem is well known. Falls are the best infantry unit in the game, can counter everything, can cloack etc.... removing panzerfaust is a good step, but elite infantry costing the same as Obers at 2 CP, that can paradrop and cloack ambush? definitely a no. Falls is elite infantry and should be tied to t4 as Obers are. Locking the upgrade at T4 isn't effective enough.
Halftrack changes are a good idea : a cheap spotting ability, cannot hide as much anymore.

Sorry for long post, hope it helps the balance team :)
29 Jan 2020, 11:43 AM

I’m not sure why Brits got both an offensive CQC unit AND 0.5 moving accuracy for Lee Enfields.

How about a nerf in return? Force Bren guns an extra 0.3 secs to set up and fire, as well as making the Pyrotechnics upgrade take up a weapon slot.

Also the Cromwell needs a rework.
29 Jan 2020, 12:38 PM

Sorry, but worst patch in years.

Not a single nerf in TD or LV (specially T70). Those units are the ones that are actually breaking the balance.
29 Jan 2020, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2020, 11:00 AMTomy0

5) OKW changes

Problem is well known. Falls are the best infantry unit in the game, can counter everything, can cloack etc.... removing panzerfaust is a good step, but elite infantry costing the same as Obers at 2 CP, that can paradrop and cloack ambush? definitely a no. Falls is elite infantry and should be tied to t4 as Obers are. Locking the upgrade at T4 isn't effective enough.
Halftrack changes are a good idea : a cheap spotting ability, cannot hide as much anymore.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: WTF is wrong with u.. ?

- the doctrine is shit and a niche pick(only decent in 1vs1)
- pure glascannons
- 4 Man die to everthing that look like an explosive
- lose 1/4 Firepower per modeldrop
- Do nothing better than Obers except for Cammo
- YES the all mighty panzerfaust witch one shots every tank. :rolleyes:

The Halftrack was a unit wich was already non exsistent and now its completly irrelvant.... just have the guts too remove it from game.

Its clear that u are never played OKW...
29 Jan 2020, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2020, 11:00 AMTomy0

I think the changes are ineffective : CP is an irrelevant changes, since you have the tech and ressources to get the heavy tank around 11-12 CPs.

5) OKW changes

Agree about the heavy tanks. I have said this so many times recently. Changing the CP requirement to 11 is almost completely meaningless for 2v2 because LV + tech+ 230 fuel for heavy tank doesn't come earlier than 10-13 CP unless the game is super one-sided and one side has an insane resource income. So no the 11 CP change will fix nothing.

I would even go as far as saying making heavy tanks 15 CP + all tech wouldn't change much because heavy tanks are absurdly op right now. Their infantry killing capacity is just too high while at the same time rendering medium and premium medium tanks useless. Unless heavy tanks are nerfed we will continue seeing them every game. Maybe a few minutes later than now but that will be the only difference.

Regarding Fallschirmjäger, I really disagree. They should be fine once the snare is removed. We shouldn't forget Shocks, Guards and Rangers all come at 2 CP and are even stronger than Falls for a while because they don't have their weapons locked behind T4.

Especially Shocks are way more powerful at 2 CP because of how little damage regular infantry can do to them. They basically render Volks and Grens useless on certain maps. At least Rangers can be killed easier but Shocks are just cancer IMO.
29 Jan 2020, 17:24 PM

Regarding UKF:

The Airlanding Officer has trouble picking up weapons. His charge ability doesn't remove supression like the Captain's does, though I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. Also, The Forward Logistics Glider does spawn commandos, but not medics like the patch notes say.
29 Jan 2020, 17:36 PM

Uh, you conveiniently missed the fact that old TA was a VETERANCY 3 Tiger. I'd rather have a vet 3 tiger

Well that's too bad cause it's gone, and you're the only one who's sad about it

Old Tiger ace was dumb as hell. Vet 3 Tiger for 800mp+income reduction was not good for the game
29 Jan 2020, 17:51 PM

Permanently Banned

Well that's too bad cause it's gone, and you're the only one who's sad about it

Old Tiger ace was dumb as hell. Vet 3 Tiger for 800mp+income reduction was not good for the game

Said who, you? Why do u always think that u speak for everyone? Not a single high level player said they struggle with countering the TA. The new TA is pointless, rather get a normal Tiger earlier. U exert pressure earlier, and by the time you get the additional resources required for TA, your regular Tiger is easily already vet 1 or even vet 2. And building T4 is rarely worth it even in teamgames so your tech costs for the TA is substantial. Spearhead isn't enough to make up for the amount of time u spend accumulating the resources for the TA.
29 Jan 2020, 18:00 PM

We shouldn't forget Shocks, Guards and Rangers all come at 2 CP and are even stronger than Falls

Ahh... Rangers are 3 cp's m8.
29 Jan 2020, 18:17 PM

Said who, you? Why do u always think that u speak for everyone?

I don't speak for everyone but you're the only one complaining that the old Tiger Ace is gone...

People are choosing "normal" Tiger over literally everything right now so that's hardly a valid point. The patch is literally addressing how early you can get heavies out

Of course the old one was better. It was also stupid. The entire point of veterancy is too earn it with micro not pay for it. Coh 2 has moved away from paying for veterancy
29 Jan 2020, 18:40 PM

Apart from KV-2(5-7%), sturmtiger, KT(5%) and Elite tiger(5-7%), all call-in heavy tanks should be 10%-15% more expensive fuel wise. The problem is their cost effectiveness. Take a look at OKW and Grand offensive. You are completely nuts if you in 80% of situations don't stall for Tiger 1 and get a P4-J.

SVT package should be looked at. It is way too good and hits way too early. Maybe 3 svts/ppshs with a free weapon slot for a pick up will do, instead of 4.

Falls should have a faust, but only after panzer HQ or even FG42 upgrade, so Allies could bully them with light armor a bit.
29 Jan 2020, 18:46 PM

Permanently Banned

Of course the old one was better. It was also stupid. The entire point of veterancy is too earn it with micro not pay for it. Coh 2 has moved away from paying for veterancy

You pay for it dearly with a neutered resource income.
29 Jan 2020, 18:52 PM

Falls should have a faust, but only after panzer HQ or even FG42 upgrade, so Allies could bully them with light armor a bit.

How about not giving them faust at all and give them a distinct weakness such as every other elite infantry squad has in the game(Obers, Shocks, Rangers, Stormtroopers, Paratroopers, Pgrens): Light vehicles.

Falls are not meant to be your volk replacement like many people like to pretend they are. They are supposed to be a supplemental all range AI unit with insane ambush dps.
29 Jan 2020, 18:59 PM

Falls are a dead unit in a dead doctrine. Who cares anymore.

Why get Falls when you can just get Obers and pick an actually useful doctrine lol. I love how they said they want Commander diversity, then they mega nerf the most viable non Grand Offensive commander just so you have to crutch on the Tiger 1 even harder. Another horrible decision by the balance team after Overwatch flares, the Panther murder, the Brummbar murder and the Assault Engineer murder.

Hopefully these get touched upon.
29 Jan 2020, 19:02 PM

How about not giving them faust at all and give them a distinct weakness such as every other elite infantry squad has in the game(Obers, Shocks, Rangers, Stormtroopers, Paratroopers, Pgrens): Light vehicles.

Falls are not meant to be your volk replacement like many people like to pretend they are. They are supposed to be a supplemental all range AI unit with insane ambush dps.

Why should LV's counter falls. Guards can also fight both infantry and LV's(much better than falls).
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS