Login

russian armor

COH2 winter balance mod - discussion

PAGES (44)down
23 Jan 2020, 23:48 PM

Give them mobile reinforcement in the med HQ, their forward reinforcement base that can be upgraded with FRP?

No thank you
oh please share ur wisdom why would it be bad ?

btw it still has the stupid indicator showing ur enemy exactly where it is, does other recon units have this ability ?
23 Jan 2020, 23:49 PM

I'll re-post what I said in the other thread so everyone can see it:
The issue is forcing all tech structures would be fine for all factions except Soviets because they have a cheap T1/T2. They would have to force Soviets to pay for all sidetech including 7-man upgrade(which should go back to 25 fuel from 20) to equal the cost the other faction would pay to tech all structures for a heavy tank. Soviets simply have the most streamlined tech tree at the moment and that allows them to rush the IS-2 too quickly. So we would have to force side-tech requirements on Soviets to equal the teching costs of other factions when they go for all tiers.
23 Jan 2020, 23:52 PM

This is a good opportunity to experiment with giving the IR HT vet bonuses/abilities, like the Sturm officer rework. Please don't just nerf it out of the game and call it a day.

Now that Brits have received non-doc recon in the form of the Officer vet 1 ability, maybe add something like that to the IR HT? Camo + mid-range flares like the Ost HT could work too.
23 Jan 2020, 23:56 PM

oh please share ur wisdom why would it be bad ?

Why would we give a faction an FRP and an HT stock? Do you want them to never have to go back to the base sector after they leave it???
23 Jan 2020, 23:57 PM

Why would we give a faction an FRP and an HR stock? Do you want them to never have to go back to the base sector after they leave it???
hr ?
24 Jan 2020, 00:01 AM

hr ?

I corrected it pretty quickly. You waiting in the thread for my responses?

And I find it hard to believe you didn't know what I was talking about
24 Jan 2020, 00:02 AM

Also was thinking all heavies should just be standardized at 12 CP so we don't have any heavies arriving noticeably earlier since in some cases the player with the faster CP clock could have their heavy while their opponent is still 1-2 or maybe 3 in some cases away from their tank. At least in that manner the JT, Ele, and ISU all coming at 14 CP wouldn't be much later either considering they generally are meant to be counters to some of the lighter heavies.
24 Jan 2020, 00:03 AM

I corrected it pretty quickly. You waiting in the thread for my responses?
what would the balance problem be ?
24 Jan 2020, 00:05 AM

what would the balance problem be ?

The same problem before FRP nerf... Map control being way too easy for OKW. I just said this, they'd never have to go back to their base sector

There's a reason Brits and US also don't get standard HTs stock
24 Jan 2020, 00:07 AM

Then what would u give it as a role ?

I already made a thread abou changing it for either the 250 HT the doc is the one , the mortar by or the vcoh PE at gun HT

As they balance team made it right now it really does like a unit cod guy would make for okw(worse than any other unit and overshadowed by a already existing unit)
24 Jan 2020, 00:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Heavies:

Good changes:

-Both the CP (sensible middle ground) and the cooldown on death. Sneakeye Goodjob!

Questionable:

-The full tech requirements for some and for some others not. Overall fuel investment should be similar.

Indifferent:

-KV2 changes: vet overall was not great so, meh.

Wanting:

-Vet 2 extended range on IS2/Tiger removed.

UKF

-Mostly fine, it will require refinement probably. At least looks like the right direction.

Questionable:

-Mp cost of medics at 180?
-Wondering that Commando + retreat + medic mp cost.

SU

Everything ok.

Questionable:

-Does the IL2 bombing strike also require a similar change to plane speed and delay?

Wanting:

-Vet 2 SU85 pen reduction to keep same pen chance as when Axis armor get 10% armor increase.
-Looking into the AT strafe
-Looking into SVT cons

Expanding on SVT:

USF

Questionable:
-Mp decrease on nade
-Clusterbomb doesn't need a slight cost increase as well?

Wanting:
-Vet 3 Pen reduction on Jackson
-Looking at Jackson in general
-Looking at Scott self smoke
-Reworking Pack into pseudo Howie. Just a barrage unit. Give back the 6th man and lower down reinforce cost while removing AA.

OKW:

-IR HT change in right direction but needs WAY better numbers and probably no need to increase cost.

Wanting:

-JPIV vet 5 pen bonus should mimic pen values as the rak vet 3 bonus. Guaranteed 1 shot penning and hitting if used from stealth.
-JPIV been available without the upgrade. (This one i don't see it happen :P)

OH:

I imagine there are further changes in the pipeline.

Wanting:

Stug
-Swap vet2/vet3 on the Stug.
-Heat shell on Stug-G should probably gain it's 160 dmg back as it forces a reload before firing.
-Token 15% accuracy at vet 3 (Stug-G and PV are the only TD/TH which don't gain accuracy on vet. ISU is questionable as it's more AI first than AT).

Panther:
-All versions: +30% acc at vet 2 (same as other TD such as Su85, FF or Jackson). Vet 2 is right now lackluster on all PV versions.

24 Jan 2020, 00:28 AM

Then what would u give it as a role ?

Just keep it as a recon unit. They can adjust the vision range throughout the preview. I don't see why we should change it's role completely just because the numbers right now aren't good enough? Slight overreaction

Why do you think the modteam is going to listen to someone complaining with emojis just a few hours after they launch the first version of the preview?
24 Jan 2020, 00:29 AM

24 Jan 2020, 00:39 AM

well ui already posted the stats and differences, it gives less sight than a spotting scope vehicle and u can put those on tanks

Well then, feel free to use spotting scopes instead.
Oh wait...

this is a dedicated unit that cost fuel and it's worse at it than a fucking t 70 in recon mode

You're talking about vet3 T70 here, it doesn't come out of the gate like that, it needs to do some work first.

You're also complaining about 10fu vehicle without even attempting to try it out.

+10 range does nothing give it a role, make it support by reinforcing or giving buff

Safe spotting for JP4/puppchens/JT/indirect fire is not a role now?
You still can map hack with it, just not infinitely.

it's a fragile unit alredy

Neither it is a direct combat unit.

btw im more than happy that they removed the op bug, but now it's useless this was more like "guys we need to fix the op bug" " remove the search light ability and let CODGUY rework it"

OKW already has plenty of doctrinal utility vehicles.
What it did not had was a unit like it is now.
Again, try it first in game, screech about balance later once you provide replay of it not doing its job.

looool at the IR halftrack.

never to be seen again

RIP

How often have you seen it in 1v1 or 2v2 again?
It was 4v4 vehicle exclusively with small exceptions and its going to remain as such, because of big, open maps there.
24 Jan 2020, 01:00 AM

What I can say so far:

- IR HT moves directly into the trashcan now. There is absolutely no point in building this unit over a kubel or just doctrinal stuff like JLI

- Sturmtiger vet 1 nade ability has 100% penetration even vs tanks like IS2

- the new brits will definitely be annoying for wehrmacht lol
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment