Login

russian armor

jackson armor nerf

PAGES (19)down
19 Jan 2020, 22:32 PM

please nerf Jacksons armor, i dont think they should be able to bounce p4 shots.

It woudnt change anything against pretty much any interaction, exept for stupid rng moments with p4

Edit: It might make them worse against Pumas, doesnt anyone have exact pen numbers?
19 Jan 2020, 22:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

puma: 80/100/120

p4: 110/115/125

Jackson armor: 130
19 Jan 2020, 23:05 PM

Man, Soviets with Urban defense would have a field day crushing USF armour wih just the 47mm AT guns. In the hypothetical scenario where usf vs soviets was allowed.

Pity Axis doesn’t get the Pak38 in a doctrine.
19 Jan 2020, 23:18 PM

I wouldn't mind decreasing its armor to 110. If someone loses a Jackson to a p4 he has done a horrible mistake anyway
19 Jan 2020, 23:40 PM

ye decreasing it would a reasonable
19 Jan 2020, 23:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It might the slight nerf that the Jackson could take without interfering with the rest of the balance.
Decent idea. 5-10 armor nerf might actually be enough so that a P4 would hit very reliably. The only thing to watch out for is indeed the Puma since it could be a very easy and sacrifice to get a Jackson that might have already been hit. Especially with the smoke it could really cheese a Jackson kill if it penetrates too reliably.
19 Jan 2020, 23:50 PM

It might the slight nerf that the Jackson could take without interfering with the rest of the balance.
Decent idea. 5-10 armor nerf might actually be enough so that a P4 would hit very reliably. The only thing to watch out for is indeed the Puma since it could be a very easy and sacrifice to get a Jackson that might have already been hit. Especially with the smoke it could really cheese a Jackson kill if it penetrates too reliably.

Meanwhile 145 fuel Jackson wrecking literally everything is cool. Lol

Puma should be more useful vs Jacksons since Jadgpanzer IV is a casemate, Panther is a heavy counter and P4 doesn’t have the range.

This is a decent idea and would help okw quite a bit.
19 Jan 2020, 23:54 PM

As a further idea, what do people think of TDs getting engine crit from a single snare? Infantry is supposed to be a counter for them since they can’t hurt infantry, yet at full health they can just ignore lone squads.
20 Jan 2020, 00:34 AM

As a further idea, what do people think of TDs getting engine crit from a single snare? Infantry is supposed to be a counter for them since they can’t hurt infantry, yet at full health they can just ignore lone squads.

So you would destroy engine of elefant with a single snare? Cool.
20 Jan 2020, 00:38 AM

So you would destroy engine of elefant with a single snare? Cool.

Why not?
20 Jan 2020, 13:10 PM

I like this
20 Jan 2020, 13:57 PM

Man, Soviets with Urban defense would have a field day crushing USF armour wih just the 47mm AT guns. In the hypothetical scenario where usf vs soviets was allowed.

Pity Axis doesn’t get the Pak38 in a doctrine.

I miss the old op 3 shot in camo pak38 from coh1
20 Jan 2020, 13:59 PM

Why not nerf jackson's mobility instead, I hate the fact it has a turret and reverses to safety while still dishing out damage to my tanks.
20 Jan 2020, 14:00 PM

Why not nerf jackson's mobility

Sure, if you increase their sight range.
20 Jan 2020, 14:01 PM

Sure, if you increase their sight range.

But it already fuks everything at range.
20 Jan 2020, 14:07 PM

But it already fuks everything at range.

Speaking from experience, Most shots are ground targets, Given the sight range. Yes, it does have a great range, but, you're more or less going to be ground targeting.
20 Jan 2020, 14:33 PM

please nerf Jacksons armor, i dont think they should be able to bounce p4 shots.

It woudnt change anything against pretty much any interaction, exept for stupid rng moments with p4

Edit: It might make them worse against Pumas, doesnt anyone have exact pen numbers?

What would you purpose be given in return? The Jackson is already difficult to balance, given its USFs only counter to heavy tanks. Especially now, since the Pershing has been moved to a more Anti-Infantry Tank (which is not to say it can't punch on with a Tiger or other big tank, but its less effective).
Moreso 57mm AT guns are essentially noise makers when against a heavy tank, especially one that can call in arty (Looking at you, Grand offensive :p).

Besides, if you're struggling, Might I suggest backing your tank pushes up with a few AT guns? Raketen's Keep Jacksons from "poking", and Paks have a great range that will usually reliably pen a Jackson, especially with their ability.
Alternatively Panzerschreks will always be a threat to jacksons, especially since they have no anti infantry measures.
Counters Exsist, and Jacksons are Predictable, you always--ALWAYS know USF will get at least one.

Why not nerf jackson's mobility instead, I hate the fact it has a turret and reverses to safety while still dishing out damage to my tanks.

Unless there's infantry or recon in front of the Jackson, it will usually only shoot under 1 of two conditions: You Shoot first. This gives the Jackson Vision, and will return fire. There's a "Hold Fire" Button that can be utilised, if your tank is low and you want to retreat it, or dont want to take any more damage.

The Second condition: someone's rolling the dice on a ground target. can be hit or miss, depending.
20 Jan 2020, 14:38 PM

Speaking from experience, Most shots are ground targets, Given the sight range. Yes, it does have a great range, but, you're more or less going to be ground targeting.

First make grens and rifles equivalent so that med don't have carry the entire team then i can give jackson sight buff
20 Jan 2020, 14:39 PM

First make grens and rifles equivalent so that med don't have carry the entire team then i can give jackson sight buff

Fantastic Suggestion! I'd love to get my hands on a Non-vetted Snare, Cheap field upgrade, and a rifle grenade!.

I Would be all for it!

Edit: Forgot to mention the cheaper reinforcement cost. God I would love that
20 Jan 2020, 14:53 PM

What would you purpose be given in return? The Jackson is already difficult to balance, given its USFs only counter to heavy tanks. Especially now, since the Pershing has been moved to a more Anti-Infantry Tank (which is not to say it can't punch on with a Tiger or other big tank, but its less effective).
Moreso 57mm AT guns are essentially noise makers when against a heavy tank, especially one that can call in arty (Looking at you, Grand offensive :p).

Besides, if you're struggling, Might I suggest backing your tank pushes up with a few AT guns? Raketen's Keep Jacksons from "poking", and Paks have a great range that will usually reliably pen a Jackson, especially with their ability.
Alternatively Panzerschreks will always be a threat to jacksons, especially since they have no anti infantry measures.
Counters Exsist, and Jacksons are Predictable, you always--ALWAYS know USF will get at least one.

Unless there's infantry or recon in front of the Jackson, it will usually only shoot under 1 of two conditions: You Shoot first. This gives the Jackson Vision, and will return fire. There's a "Hold Fire" Button that can be utilised, if your tank is low and you want to retreat it, or dont want to take any more damage.

The Second condition: someone's rolling the dice on a ground target. can be hit or miss, depending.

this woudnt change the Jacksons performance at all, only stupid rng moments when p4 bounces, its more a QOL change then a nerf
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 12
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L