Login

russian armor

Why is mp40 storms cqc dps considered enough

• This thread is locked
19 Jan 2020, 19:15 PM

OK, before I say anything This is not a stormies suck/up thread, I just want to learn and understand also I don't exactly know which thread this kind of question should belong to so if someone can me what section i should have posted this, that is much appreciated. OK, on to my question.
Now,
At range 0 to 10
Commandos: 82.5 dps
Shocks: 85 dps
Storms: 75 dps

thompson rangers: 85 dps
'' paras: 95 dps

Now, I'v been told that the dps of storms are high enough or they kill plenty fast. However they deal much lower dps compared to the other units(here i'm only considering weapons crews , i know they 1.25 RA). Now let's say that this is enough, and simply the other squads have more than enough, But here is the thing,
commandos used to have: 70 dps
shocks used to have: 75 dps

In the ball park of stormies but they were buffed. If that kind of dps was not considered enough for them who only face 4 man support squads who are also more sluggish compared to the allied ones then why is the dps of the stormis considered enough.

Also most of these squads have nades which cam be used to clear out team weapons or finish them of in retreat. But storms do not.

Now storms have tactical assault but para's also have this who have the highest dps out of all of them. So if the para's already high dps is considered no enough that they must have that ability to improve their dps than how is it that the mp40 storms dps is considered enough.
19 Jan 2020, 19:17 PM

Can a mod move this to State office under Ostheer strats?
19 Jan 2020, 19:18 PM

Cost.
19 Jan 2020, 19:20 PM

This might shock you, but here goes:
1) You don’t ambush CQC infantry with Stormtroopers.
2) You ambush unsuspecting squads, meaning you catch them moving or in negative cover.
3) You have a bonus out of camouflage.
4) You have stun grenades with Elite Troops doctrine.
19 Jan 2020, 19:40 PM

Some of these units don't come out of buildings behind enemy lines
Some of those units are pure assault infantry without camo
Some of these units need upgrades that cost 90 munitions
Some of those units can't quickly kill a cache and decap a point

And now check how much dps do Infiltrations Commandos get.
19 Jan 2020, 19:47 PM

The only truly comparable unit is Commandos, as none of the others cloak.
19 Jan 2020, 19:50 PM

This might shock you, but here goes:
1) You don’t ambush CQC infantry with Stormtroopers.
2) You ambush unsuspecting squads, meaning you catch them moving or in negative cover.
3) You have a bonus out of camouflage.
4) You have stun grenades with Elite Troops doctrine.

1) I'v already said I was only considering weapon crews so why is this necessary?
2) Ok, but how am i supposed to hide in red cover
3) But, storms dont get ambush bonus (unless you talking about the haha i came outta no where)
4) What about german Infantry, Encirclement?? I don't have those in there.
5) You still, did not exactly answer my question of why is their dps considered enough despite being lower when considering they face more agile and larger weapons teams.
19 Jan 2020, 19:50 PM

Can a mod move this to State office under Ostheer strats?

Thanks.
19 Jan 2020, 19:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

/moved to OST strats
19 Jan 2020, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2020, 19:40 PMMusti
Some of these units don't come out of buildings behind enemy lines
Some of those units are pure assault infantry without camo
Some of these units need upgrades that cost 90 munitions
Some of those units can't quickly kill a cache and decap a point

And now check how much dps do Infiltrations Commandos get.

OK, i see you point, But thats not a clear and direct answer to my question.

In all technicality infiltration mandos still have higher dps that infiltration storms cus mados start with smg's while storms don't. + It's not like both of these guys are useless outside of their initial 'Haha I came outta no where' thing.

Also mandos get demo charges so they can technically kill caches quickly and capture points.

Answer this: Why do you think they kill fast enough.
19 Jan 2020, 20:03 PM

/moved to OST strats

Thank you.
19 Jan 2020, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2020, 19:18 PMKatitof
Cost.

Still doesn't my question all that clearly.
19 Jan 2020, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2020, 19:47 PMLago
The only truly comparable unit is Commandos, as none of the others cloak.

That's true. But can you tell me why you consider that they kill plenty fast???
19 Jan 2020, 20:23 PM

1) I'v already said I was only considering weapon crews so why is this necessary?
2) Ok, but how am i supposed to hide in red cover
3) But, storms dont get ambush bonus (unless you talking about the haha i came outta no where)
4) What about german Infantry, Encirclement?? I don't have those in there.
5) You still, did not exactly answer my question of why is their dps considered enough despite being lower when considering they face more agile and larger weapons teams.

1) You’re primarily gonna be ambushing infantry trying to cap or cross negative cover roads.
2) You don’t hide on the road, there’s usually yellow cover bushes next to roads. Elite camo let’s you close in.
3) They get tactical assault and a flame nade or stun nade.
4) Tiny bit harder without stun nade, so you need more skill.
5) DPS is irrelevant in their role. They don’t try to outtrade, they try to ambush attractive targets like riflemen and conscripts.
20 Jan 2020, 05:25 AM

1) You’re primarily gonna be ambushing infantry trying to cap or cross negative cover roads.
2) You don’t hide on the road, there’s usually yellow cover bushes next to roads. Elite camo let’s you close in.
3) They get tactical assault and a flame nade or stun nade.
4) Tiny bit harder without stun nade, so you need more skill.
5) DPS is irrelevant in their role. They don’t try to outtrade, they try to ambush attractive targets like riflemen and conscripts.

OK, I have some questions about their flame nades though. Is it similar in function to conscript molotovs. I once threw one on a maxim occupied building, but it failed to clear the building of the mg by it self but usually molotovs can clear out garrisons with mg's. so do they serve different purposes.
20 Jan 2020, 05:57 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

OK, I have some questions about their flame nades though. Is it similar in function to conscript molotovs. I once threw one on a maxim occupied building, but it failed to clear the building of the mg by it self but usually molotovs can clear out garrisons with mg's. so do they serve different purposes.

Identical to the volks flame nade except for an extra damage multiplier against caches and other player owned structures.
20 Jan 2020, 06:38 AM

Identical to the volks flame nade except for an extra damage multiplier against caches and other player owned structures .

Wait, so they do more damage to emplacements too(ml20's, b4's, any brit emplacements). I thought it was only cashes.
20 Jan 2020, 07:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Wait, so they do more damage to emplacements too(ml20's, b4's, any brit emplacements). I thought it was only cashes.

The patch notes only list caches, so you may be correct on that. Probably are.

As for ML20s and the likes, that's a definite no. Incendiary grenades don't do damage to the actual howitzers/guns to themselves, only to the models which are infantry like any other.

Finally, I think emplacements have their own tag? So they may be exempt from building target table multipliers.
20 Jan 2020, 08:25 AM

The patch notes only list caches, so you may be correct on that. Probably are.

As for ML20s and the likes, that's a definite no. Incendiary grenades don't do damage to the actual howitzers/guns to themselves, only to the models which are infantry like any other.

Finally, I think emplacements have their own tag? So they may be exempt from building target table multipliers.

OK thanks. would be pretty useful if they could damage emplacements too.
20 Jan 2020, 18:43 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Flame and grenades only deal damage near the DoT/explosion. So if the models are all away from the side of building where the flame nade was tossed they take minimal damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★