Login

russian armor

A wild idea on OST T4

22 Jan 2020, 07:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2020, 06:35 AMmrgame2
No you did not mention 60td nerf earlier and got my attention.
And if you get wiped frontally, you are doing something wrong.

Sadly the unfixable maxim bug exists so no, it not always you in the wrong.
22 Jan 2020, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2020, 06:35 AMmrgame2
No you did not mention 60td nerf earlier and got my attention.

Anyway maxim is as good as can be for Soviet composition. Any buff to suppression, it becomes a 50cal, replacing it with vickers clone, it becomes .. a clone. Soviet doesn't need to play like wehr(some of you should be thankful). And if you get wiped frontally, you are doing something wrong.

Likewise wehr mg42 gets wiped when trying to reposition.

Of course we still haven't get into details about maxim/Vickers with cons merge or fact wehr grens are worst at flanking and shooting down weapon teams.

Yes maxim is great in 2v2 and above. Supplementary in 1v1. As good as it should be

As for t70 and tiger, big difference. Tiger is more like a crutch, a walking stick to help wehr. Fact is tiger only change is more reliable AI and comes early. So its counters are still the same. If it were op, we should seen higher axis/wehr win rates.

T70 in hands of pros is simply op against wehr 1v1, at least commonly agree here. Since im not pro or play 1v1, i didnt comment on t70 op. In 2v2, i don't find t70 as oppressive as shown.

I didnt mention the td nerf indeed but i said nerf heavies across the board and work from there.

The mg42 being wiped during postioning? Thats suposed to be weak point of the mg42. Unlike the maxim it has very little trouble stopping a single squad or a blob. You see the balance here?
Probably not, since a maxim being frontaly wiped from max range because of deathloop and weak supression is the fault of the soviet player somehow.

Talking about leaving out stuff.
Cons merge is usefull indeed. But sov has only one way to heal and its in base. Ost can heal 3 different ways and none need to be in base.
For reinforcing ost has 3 options and sov only has 2.
And grens are not meant to be flankers. Cons do because of sprint and short range orientation. Pgrens do that job for ost pretty nicely. The 222 is quick enough to do that as well.
The riflenade does a bloody good job at fighting/killing weapon teams.

Yes for the t70 and tiger being cruthes there is a big dufference. The t70 has a small window to be an effective crutch, it cant fight armour unsupported, it dies to 3 at gun shots, but it is fast and has recon mode for late game. Ow and tellers one shot it. The t70 covers sov lacking normal nades and ads wiping power sov lack mostly besides the zis/Su76 barrage.

The tiger just covers the at of the panther and the ai of the brum. In the case of the brum its just way better. You know a turret and faster projectile. So again why bother with either of them?

Back to my point.
Nerfing td,s and heavies. One cant done without the other. Otherwise allied late game goes back to sucking hard, or axis non doc end tier suffers as currently.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★