Login

russian armor

Suggestions poll for Soviet Airborne Guards

Do you think ppsh upgrade should give a better grenade to guard troops?
Option Distribution Votes
43%
57%
Do you think airborne troops should get a camo since they are an infiltration unit justified by their 380 mp cost?
44%
56%
Should airborne guards be able to fire lmg on the move like other elite squads in the game?
58%
42%
Should il2 suppresion run be changed ?
27%
6%
25%
42%
Total votes: 191
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Jan 2020, 19:45 PM

Hi all forum members. currently, Airborne guards cost 380 mp in the only commander they are in. When they were released they were set as 360 mp but due to parachute animation bugs, they were turned into infiltration troops and cost increased by 20 mp. Now they are a good overall squad with 2 optional upgrades;
A) free PPSH upgrade which grants smoke grenade and a fire superiority upgrade which reduces enemy accuracy and movement
b) 100 ammo 3 x DP upgrade which grants 3 DP lmg. No additional abilities are unlocked by this

apart from these upgades the squad gets a vet 1 strafing run ability for 60 ammo which is intended for suppressing the enemy.

So here are my thoughts on this squad.
1.) I think if the PPSH path is chosen their grenade should replace with a stronger grenade than the current regular guard grenade. Smoke should remain and since they are an infiltrative squad either they should be given a first-strike bonus or some kind of camo. Because I believe if a squad can infiltrate a house behind the enemy lines they should be able to camouflage themselves. if camo on a 6 man squad is too much perhaps we can have 4 man spawn and then they can reinforce once back in base?
2.) Another point I want to raise is that despite the most expensive squad in the game ( except commando in a glider) airborne guards still can't shoot lmg on the move which if you ask me is injustice with them.
3.) 3rd point I want to talk about is the strafing run. Soviet Union in Coh2 doesn't have a smoke ability. All other factions have this ability, it might be nice to replace this strafing barrage with smoke drop by il2. Alternatively, 60 ammo for mere suppression is a bit much if you ask me. Either the damage should be increased for this ability or the cost reduced from the current 60 ammo. I'm creating a poll below to ascertain the community views on this unit. Thanks for reading this far. :)
17 Jan 2020, 20:06 PM

I was just thinking of making a topic about them lol,

Remove the weapon upgrades. SVTs are good and staying without any other upgrades would differentiate them from other guards squads. Add utility with elite camouflage, TM38 mines, and replace IL2 strafe with IL2 smoke bomb/run at vet 0. Cost to 340mp and 2CP.
17 Jan 2020, 20:13 PM

Remove the weapon upgrades. SVTs are good and staying without any other upgrades would differentiate them from other guards squads. Add utility with elite camouflage, TM38 mines, and replace IL2 strafe with IL2 smoke bomb/run at vet 0. Cost to 340mp and 2CP.

Soviets already have SVT stock in penals and further in this commander as SVT drops. This might make them pale in comparison to the SVT cons which are a good bang for buck squad. Mines suggestion is good because then they can better sabotage behind the enemy lines.
17 Jan 2020, 20:34 PM

Definitely, guards paratroopers must be changed. If they do not function as they were designed, they must be reworked.

Firstly, to change the name - they are not related to Paratroopers and the commander in general has nothing to do with the airborne forces. Rename to sabotage squad.

Reduce the squad to 5 people, give camouflage.

Change the ability, I said at the design stage that IL-2 is a stupid idea - it didn’t match their role-actions behind enemy lines in any way. The main task of the paratroopers in the rear is chaos and the destruction of enemy targets, and if they add aviation ability to them, it should have been a dive bomb or something like that. But now it does not matter.

To give them real abilities out of their spawn - destroying points, powerful mines, or another ability giving chaos behind enemy lines.
17 Jan 2020, 20:34 PM

Soviets already have SVT stock in penals and further in this commander as SVT drops. This might make them pale in comparison to the SVT cons which are a good bang for buck squad. Mines suggestion is good because then they can better sabotage behind the enemy lines.

Well alternatively you can give them Guards mosins.
17 Jan 2020, 21:59 PM

Pointless unit when you can spam SVT conscripts that are way stronger in combat and also cheaper than STG Volks while also having merge and Urra. Buffing it would be wrong. Replacing it with something else or changing the character of the unit is the only choice.
18 Jan 2020, 00:06 AM

Permanently Banned
If half the people seriously think that this unit deserves to hipfire their DPs, there should only be 2 DPs handed out.
18 Jan 2020, 02:29 AM

Give DPs button to help with the AT strafe and make that route more attractive. Aside from that IDK. They are pretty good, the SVTs are just insanely better bang for buck on cons. They should almost be in a different commander

Edit. Give camo with the ppshs button with the DP28 and idk a bundled nade or infiltration nade type ability with no upgrade. Make each route unique and have its own draw
18 Jan 2020, 05:51 AM

Give DPs button to help with the AT strafe and make that route more attractive. Aside from that IDK. They are pretty good, the SVTs are just insanely better bang for buck on cons. They should almost be in a different commander

Edit. Give camo with the ppshs button with the DP28 and idk a bundled nade or infiltration nade type ability with no upgrade. Make each route unique and have its own draw

I feel like button with the AT rocket strafe would be too good, you already get good value sacrificing a T-34 ram with it.
40 munitions instead of 300mp and 90fuel would be a complete steal.

Give the DP guards "Fire superiority" since it synergizes better with them, and give the PPSH guards sprint- or a "Reload" ability which would force a reload and readies them for the next engagement. The potential for such an ability is quite good.
18 Jan 2020, 05:54 AM

If half the people seriously think that this unit deserves to hipfire their DPs, there should only be 2 DPs handed out.

You give statements without any Stat backing you up. Give some substance to your argument. Convince us why it shouldn't be given on the move lmg when obers and paratroopers can have that? Commandos and falls. Its not like this commander has any heavy tank which makes it OP.
If USF can have paras and riflemen so can sovs hav dp guards (which are good) and svt cons

Edit: these 3dp have the comparable damage of 1 Ober lmg 34 if i am not wrong. Im open to correction.
18 Jan 2020, 06:09 AM

Pointless unit when you can spam SVT conscripts that are way stronger in combat and also cheaper than STG Volks while also having merge and Urra. Buffing it would be wrong. Replacing it with something else or changing the character of the unit is the only choice.

But buffs are not required. Only some tinkering with the abilities to make the unit attractive when SVT cons are already available.
18 Jan 2020, 06:14 AM

Well alternatively you can give them Guards mosins.

How will an infiltration squad deal any damage with bolt action rifles? I am nkt saying guard Mosins are bad. But this makes them static. They should be hit and run / mobile squads and their weapon profiles should match their role. Just like falls have fg42 which was designed to counter any kind of infantry because they had a role. Similarly guard mosins wouldn't get the deal especially without camo. Even now these guys die as soon as they spawn from the building cuz they don't have camo.

In the case of storm troopers. They get out of the building. Camouflage. And then do weapon upgrades. In the meantime grenade cool down also ends so then they attack. In guards case you can't stay long behind the lines because you will get detected instantly.
18 Jan 2020, 09:02 AM

How will an infiltration squad deal any damage with bolt action rifles? I am nkt saying guard Mosins are bad. But this makes them static. They should be hit and run / mobile squads and their weapon profiles should match their role. Just like falls have fg42 which was designed to counter any kind of infantry because they had a role. Similarly guard mosins wouldn't get the deal especially without camo. Even now these guys die as soon as they spawn from the building cuz they don't have camo.

In the case of storm troopers. They get out of the building. Camouflage. And then do weapon upgrades. In the meantime grenade cool down also ends so then they attack. In guards case you can't stay long behind the lines because you will get detected instantly.

The reason I suggested Guard mosins is I heard someone say they are quite exceptional on the move and quite strong in general, which makes me think it would really fit their theme.

Anyone knows the guard mosins stats?
18 Jan 2020, 09:35 AM

You do realize that DPs are much weaker then any other LMG and all elite units with LMGs can use LMGs on the move?
18 Jan 2020, 09:42 AM

Please no. Don't make em as shit as stormtroopers. I like my soviet para's that fuk everything at every range.
18 Jan 2020, 10:45 AM

agree, the first thing they should do is buff brumbar then we can talk about soviet aiborne
18 Jan 2020, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

To be honest I don't like their design very much. SOV already has so many infantry units and airborne guards at the moment just overlap a lot. Ppsh makes them a shock troop squad, the DPs make them a Guard squad without AT capability (neglecting some details obviously). Making them utility infiltration units runs into the role of Partisans.

However since Partisans are not used at the moment, infiltration is currently the best way to go. Maybe make them squishy, give demo charges, nade, tripwire flare, camo. Hell, maybe even normal sandbags to make them unique. Or some abilities like the officers, adding RA to enemy units, making them flee... The air strike is also not a bad idea actually, just should be reworked. My favourite idea would be to give them the mark target ability though to mark tanks for actual AT units without having AT capabilities themselves.
Not too sure about their weapon though. CQC weapons so far worked best on camo units.
18 Jan 2020, 11:45 AM

agree, the first thing they should do is buff brumbar then we can talk about soviet aiborne

Hi. No one is asking for buffs here. Just reworking of the unit to make it actually attractive to use. Lmg on the move is present on every elite squad so why not airborne guards? Just doesn't make sense.
18 Jan 2020, 11:53 AM

Definitely, guards paratroopers must be changed. If they do not function as they were designed, they must be reworked.

Firstly, to change the name - they are not related to Paratroopers and the commander in general has nothing to do with the airborne forces. Rename to sabotage squad.

Reduce the squad to 5 people, give camouflage.

Change the ability, I said at the design stage that IL-2 is a stupid idea - it didn’t match their role-actions behind enemy lines in any way. The main task of the paratroopers in the rear is chaos and the destruction of enemy targets, and if they add aviation ability to them, it should have been a dive bomb or something like that. But now it does not matter.

To give them real abilities out of their spawn - destroying points, powerful mines, or another ability giving chaos behind enemy lines.

I agree. In theory If they can call an air strike, they might call it when its actually useful. Like boris in Yuri's revenge marks target with laser and migs come to bomb them. Just like that infiltration units can drop red smoke to signal low flying il2 to bomb the heck of the target.

Or alternatively a demo can do the job.
18 Jan 2020, 12:13 PM

I agree. In theory If they can call an air strike, they might call it when its actually useful. Like boris in Yuri's revenge marks target with laser and migs come to bomb them. Just like that infiltration units can drop red smoke to signal low flying il2 to bomb the heck of the target.

Or alternatively a demo can do the job.

When the paratroopers were only being designed and it was supposed that he would be parachuted, I indicated that the unit had no thought in the drop, they did not have any abilities for operations in the rear. Need to give them explosives or make them like for example: Pathfinder artillery spotters, who can cause an artillery strike. This is a big cost - the cost of a unit (men power) + the cost of an artillery strike (ammunition), a big risk - it is vulnerable when parachuting and there is no camouflage when important objects are built near the main base or AA HQ. But it gives a big reward - the destruction of Howitzers, PaK-43, attacks on OKW Tiers. But no. As a result, we got a slurred unit without a specific goal.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight