Login

russian armor

Alliance of Defiance

18 Jan 2020, 05:15 AM
Donator 22

If there would be one of these, ok. But the center of the map is packed with these circly thingies. Is this an hommage to crop circles or something? :p

for me Alliance of Defiance is in the outskirts of an old cult, called "Church of Circumflex (COC)"
And the LOVED round. No matter what.
That is all.
Religion always helps.
18 Jan 2020, 17:20 PM

I just played around with the small barrel stack on palettes. Ahhhh classic Relic.

Light vehicles can shoot them and destroy them to a state where there is only a palette and bottom rings of the barrels left. At this point they still block pathing and shots.

I then blasted them with a medium tank. Nothing changed. They still block pathing and shots.

Running over them with a medium tank finally destroys them to the state of NOT blocking pathing and shots. However, they visually never change appearance. So they look identical when they block and when they do not block.

I am guessing there was supposed to be a 3rd model state or some other bug.

Is there a list of bugged objects and their issues? We really need one.
18 Jan 2020, 19:44 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2020, 17:20 PMRosbone
I just played around with the small barrel stack on palettes. Ahhhh classic Relic.

Light vehicles can shoot them and destroy them to a state where there is only a palette and bottom rings of the barrels left. At this point they still block pathing and shots.

I then blasted them with a medium tank. Nothing changed. They still block pathing and shots.

Running over them with a medium tank finally destroys them to the state of NOT blocking pathing and shots. However, they visually never change appearance. So they look identical when they block and when they do not block.

I am guessing there was supposed to be a 3rd model state or some other bug.

Is there a list of bugged objects and their issues? We really need one.

Yeah, I tried something similar today and got to the same conclusion. I spawned an ISU in the upper right field of the first photo. By mistake I first hit attack ground behind the car on the left. After a couple of shots the car was destroyed (actually leaving nothing) but the shots still got blocked.

Then shot across the barrels which blocked like 6 shots as well. Then I ran over everything with the ISU and after that none of the shots were blocked anymore... Funny.
18 Jan 2020, 20:39 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2020, 17:20 PMRosbone

These are the kinds of details that, if done right, can really make a game like this shine, as we are seeing that is not the case here and there seem to be odd interactions happening. Polish is so important. We will press on as is and I will change the map to work around this, per usual. Thanks for the tests gents :thumb:
18 Jan 2020, 21:20 PM

I had a similar thing happen with Lamp Post objects. They were destroyed and not visible but were still blocking shots. I am now guessing most objects continue to block shots until they are crushed by a vehicle. Destruction by ordinates does not "crush" them (ie remove their blocking cube) in the code.

Now I dont trust anything anymore. I dont feel safe!
18 Jan 2020, 21:56 PM

if those would be removed it would greatly help the map thx a lot :)

seems a lot of weird behaviour with this objects
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS