Login

russian armor

Inconsistent voice warnings

14 Jan 2020, 03:02 AM

My number one complaint right now.

Either there should be no audio warnings whatsoever, or totally consistent, all-the-time warnings for units at x% health, grenades and support weapon flanks. I either want to lose because of poor multitasking like the scrub I am or to not have to randomly switch units all the time just in case a squad takes a mortar shell and then one Volks bullet goes through 5 guys, obliterating the squad. I hate randomly switching just to babysit, it's the most unenjoyable part of the micro in this game for me, it always feels like getting 20 emails that you have to answer in 10 minutes at work.

Of course, if you don't like the skill-cap change that would entail if we had totally consistent warnings, how about a pro mode with NO warnings and a scrub mode with all warnings? That would be interesting for 1v1 tourneys, I betcha.

14 Jan 2020, 04:53 AM

Probably not something they would change at this point if I had to guess. My only voice related complaint is a mix-up I recently found

When Rifleman knock out an AT gun crew, the lines for killing a tank are played. They'll say "Gerry lost a Panzer!" when you kill a pak 40/rak crew lol.

Reversely, if you bazooka a tank to death, they'll say something like "Kraut AT gun neutralized!" Kinda funny, but would be nice if they could fix it
14 Jan 2020, 05:35 AM

Probably not something they would change at this point if I had to guess. My only voice related complaint is a mix-up I recently found

When Rifleman knock out an AT gun crew, the lines for killing a tank are played. They'll say "Gerry lost a Panzer!" when you kill a pak 40/rak crew lol.

Reversely, if you bazooka a tank to death, they'll say something like "Kraut AT gun neutralized!" Kinda funny, but would be nice if they could fix it

Not as funny as losing an upgraded UC with the vickers MG only to hear "We have lost a crocodile flamethrower tank" from the announcer...
14 Jan 2020, 07:11 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I'm pretty sure your issue is the result of various bugs. Often voice lines won't trigger even when they ought to.
14 Jan 2020, 09:35 AM

Same goes for the Wehrmacht T3 building, the announcer says "We can now deploy medium armor and rocket artillery".

Only the rocket artillery has been moved to T4, so there is no rocket artillery in T3 anymore :).
14 Jan 2020, 10:53 AM

Panzerfüssilier grenade has no consistent audio warnings. Penal Satchels too. Not sure if this is intended or not? Grenadier rifle grenade is very bugged too including animation not showing up at all. Then you have the units clumping together not moving away from cover despite being ordered too. All of this makes grenades very annoying to deal with. Hopefully in COH3 units will feel more responsive so the commands feels more precise.
14 Jan 2020, 18:29 PM

My number one complaint right now.I hate randomly switching just to babysit, it's the most unenjoyable part of the micro in this game for me, it always feels like getting 20 emails that you have to answer in 10 minutes at work.

I find it helps to keep glancing at the unit readout in the top right corner during an engagement. If anyone has the combat icon flashing and looks low, I click 'em, hit the retreat hotkey and go back to what I was doing without even moving the camera.

The audio warnings can help but they're too unreliable to rely on.
14 Jan 2020, 20:52 PM

Panzerfüssilier grenade has no consistent audio warnings. Penal Satchels too. Not sure if this is intended or not? Grenadier rifle grenade is very bugged too including animation not showing up at all. Then you have the units clumping together not moving away from cover despite being ordered too. All of this makes grenades very annoying to deal with. Hopefully in COH3 units will feel more responsive so the commands feels more precise.

Part of why I liked Coh1's squad system better sometimes. the models aren't so clumped up. If we had Coh1 squad mechanic, an anti blob system, and fence vaulting in COh3 I would cry.
14 Jan 2020, 20:56 PM

I'm pretty sure your issue is the result of various bugs. Often voice lines won't trigger even when they ought to.

OMG I have the same issue for a year now. I even posted in the bug section but nothing. I will lose squads or units without any audio alerts.
15 Jan 2020, 08:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

OMG I have the same issue for a year now. I even posted in the bug section but nothing. I will lose squads or units without any audio alerts.

I think everybody had this. Squad lost or grenade thrown at them? Sometimes no voice line.

I'm not too sure if this is a real bug or just the result of overlaying voice lines. Because some voice lines need to be prioritized over others, and it also might be that the priority settings have been done sloppily. So less important voicelinrs could be prioritized over more important ones.

Still, there might be a bug component to it.
15 Jan 2020, 13:30 PM

It also feels as if the game holds in account how many voice lines are given the past minute before giving new lines, probrably to prevent being spammed with voicelines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★