Login

russian armor

Toggled Mortar Smoke

13 Jan 2020, 15:37 PM

The smoke cooldown on pretty much all standard mortars matches up with the duration of the barrage. If you constantly pay attention to the mortar, you can indefinitely smoke one area.

Given this is already a thing, what about making the mortar's smoke barrage work like attack ground? You tell it to fire smoke at an area, and it'll keep firing smoke at that area until you tell it to stop.

The cooldown then triggers when you deactivate the smoke barrage, meaning it now takes time to reposition your smoke cloud.
13 Jan 2020, 15:43 PM

Imo it simply add micro of telling the Mortar to stop using smoke but I really do not see a big issue with the change.

What I would change about mortar smoke would be the time from ordering smoke and the time it actually lands. For me is simply way to low making mortars even more unattractive.
13 Jan 2020, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2020, 15:43 PMVipper
Imo it simply add micro of telling the Mortar to stop using smoke but I really do not see a big issue with the change.

What I would change about mortar smoke would be the time from ordering smoke and the time it actually lands. For me is simply way to low making mortars even more unattractive.

It substantially reduces micro.

Currently, in order to perform a sustained barrage you need to reissue the smoke order at the exact moment the barrage ends, meaning the mortar needs constant babysitting during an engagement.

If the smoke was a toggle, you could order a mortar to smoke an area at the start of an engagement (such as an enemy emplacement or MG position) and just leave it to it. That'd make the slow mortar smoke much less of an issue.
13 Jan 2020, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2020, 15:51 PMLago

It substantially reduces micro.

First of all I see little reason for someone to actually need continues smoke but if the CD is equal or lower than barrage one can achieve this with queuing up smoke barrage order with little micro...

On the other hand if it allot faster to get smoke from other sources one one less reason to bother with building a mortar...
13 Jan 2020, 16:49 PM

i like the way it is now, because both standard abilities can be queued up to return back after the barrage ends, a typical mortar maneuver
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★