Login

russian armor

Why are OST and OKW always rolling out their tanks first?

13 Jan 2020, 10:17 AM

Compare to USF.
For tank rushing.
Okw has: Volk stg +flame +ATnade, Sturm shreck, ATgun, MG, Kubel, Supportgun (not count InfraredHT & FlakHT because fuel consume)
USF has: RM, Rear, Cap, ATgun, supportgun

There is no way USF can fight or even hold the ground without using Light. Okw can skip it.

What are you smoking? USF has a far superior offensive MG, incredible elite infantry options early and can push you off the map if they get a wipe or two early and don’t let up. You don’t always need a LV as USF, under the right circumstances you can go with a MP heavy strategy and wait for the M4.
13 Jan 2020, 10:23 AM

and can push you off the map if they get a wipe or two early

How is that USF exclusive?
If I wipe 2 of your squad early, you'd have to outplay me extremely badly to not lose 10 mins later due to being rolled over by med armor while you're nowhere close to yours - regardless of faction, but if you are able to outplay me like that, why have you lost 2 squads early?
13 Jan 2020, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2020, 10:23 AMKatitof

How is that USF exclusive?
If I wipe 2 of your squad early, you'd have to outplay me extremely badly to not lose 10 mins later due to being rolled over by med armor while you're nowhere close to yours - regardless of faction, but if you are able to outplay me like that, why have you lost 2 squads early?

This is because UsF is better at aggressively leveraging a couple wipes early into pushing you off the map with their fast MGs and elite infantry, whereas with Brits and Soviets they are less mobile/aggressive so you can get some better trades in small engagements to kind of take some of the advantage back, whereas the UsF will throw hordes upon you if they go manpower heavy.

This isn’t a balance complaint, just the result of BAR infantry being so good at attacking.

Keep in mind the post I answered stated you need a light vehicle as USF to survive in general, which is not the case when you can get a total victory early with some good early game work. That’s my point.
13 Jan 2020, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2020, 02:32 AMCODGUY
I've done it myself. It's because you don't have to pay fuel for anything except teching. You don't really need the medic or mechanic side techs because you can repair and heal without them they're just an added bonus. It's also because they seperated the teching on the flak HT

But you have to pay the full tech to build a medium.

Which faction gets a medium out first isn't a balance issue, it's a gameplay one. It's not a consequence of disproportionate teching costs (they're all roughly the same), it's a consequence of how much fuel you spend on other things and how much fuel you're accumulating from your map control.

If you're regularly being rushed by mediums to which you lack a swift counter, you're either not holding your side of the map or you're spending fuel on light vehicles that you aren't turning into a map control advantage.
15 Jan 2020, 04:17 AM

This is because UsF is better at aggressively leveraging a couple wipes early into pushing you off the map with their fast MGs and elite infantry, whereas with Brits and Soviets they are less mobile/aggressive so you can get some better trades in small engagements to kind of take some of the advantage back, whereas the UsF will throw hordes upon you if they go manpower heavy.

This isn’t a balance complaint, just the result of BAR infantry being so good at attacking.

Keep in mind the post I answered stated you need a light vehicle as USF to survive in general, which is not the case when you can get a total victory early with some good early game work. That’s my point.

If you're lucky enough to get a wipe. USF has the worst starting game by far so getting a wipe with early with your crap units is like winning the lottery unless you're playing some Chinese noob in an internet cafe.
15 Jan 2020, 05:52 AM

Probably because they have higher fuel income than you because they have more points than you.
15 Jan 2020, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2020, 04:17 AMCODGUY
If you're lucky enough to get a wipe. USF has the worst starting game by far so getting a wipe with early with your crap units is like winning the lottery unless you're playing some Chinese noob in an internet cafe.

You're kidding, right?

Post a replay. I'll show you what you're doing wrong.
15 Jan 2020, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2020, 04:17 AMCODGUY

Wow you must be really shit to say that the strongest early game faction has the worst early game.
15 Jan 2020, 15:50 PM

Adding one aspect not mentioned yet - that some factions can speed up there fuelincome with fuelcaches! Not to forget, especially when you view teamgames! Because OKW was mentioned before, they cant make them.
16 Jan 2020, 02:55 AM

Wow you must be really shit to say that the strongest early game faction has the worst early game.

Oh so USF gets shock infantry as an engineer unit, AT abilities, mobile armed capping vehicles right off the bat? I guess I missed something.
16 Jan 2020, 03:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2020, 02:55 AMCODGUY

Oh so USF gets shock infantry as an engineer unit, AT abilities, mobile armed capping vehicles right off the bat? I guess I missed something.

Ass Engies, vet 1 AT rifle nade, WC-51 (granted not armed off the bat)...

Granted vet 1 riflemen rifle grenade can be delayed but it's not like OKW get fausts right away either.
16 Jan 2020, 03:56 AM

Ass Engies, vet 1 AT rifle nade, WC-51 (granted not armed off the bat)...

Granted vet 1 riflemen rifle grenade can be delayed but it's not like OKW get fausts right away either.

Suck ass engines? LOL those are a meme, 280 MP for a unit that loses to Ass Grens (a real cqb unit) faster than RETs. Vetting Riflemen to get a snare is a painfully slow process and it's just a snare, not even a real AT ability.

I have played OKW before. It's easy to just spam Strums and win in the first 5 minutes. And if you don't win that quick then you keep calling in Fallschrimjagers. It's hilariously easy.
16 Jan 2020, 04:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2020, 02:55 AMCODGUY

Well my friend you don't understand what having a strong early game means then.
16 Jan 2020, 04:22 AM

The problem of AssEng is they have so many tool that in return they dont have raw power (as the opposite to Ranger).

They have cut tool by default (I dont know if they have mine sweep by default or not), able to +frame throw, Demoli, lay mine. Basically they're CavalryRM weapon that able to do Rear & CombatEng jobs. If you bring AssEng compared to CavalryRM, they are much better for the same price as how many utilities they have.
- - -
For Okw, they have so many infantry options that is spammable. And as spammable in my meaning:
- Decent/Good vs infantry
- Grenade to clean weapon team
- ATnade as something to defend tank mindless push

Take alook at the list and you see Cons doesnt good vs infantry since they have no weapon upgrade. Even Tommy isnt spammable for the lack of ATnade (or RM non vet).

For the Axis, Wehr counter part, Ostruppen doesnt have grenade, even Stormtroop doesnt have ATnade (they have Shreck but drop their 25% AI power), eventually Gren is the only spammable infantry and surprisingly their models arent tough as Fall or as many models as Volk

Take alook at Okw, they have Volk, Fall, Fusi. Good vs infantry with +weapon ; grenade on hand ; ATnade.
Obersodaten is extremely good vs infantry but they arent an option to spam due to lack of ATnade.
16 Jan 2020, 13:34 PM

Allies have more side upgrades for infantry that cost fuel. Unless you skip all of these I would say Allies can get a tank out at a comparable level as Axis.
16 Jan 2020, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2020, 03:56 AMCODGUY
I have played OKW before. It's easy to just spam Strums and win in the first 5 minutes. And if you don't win that quick then you keep calling in Fallschrimjagers. It's hilariously easy.

And yet you’re only level 4 as OKW. Doesn’t seem that easy.
16 Jan 2020, 14:59 PM

And yet you’re only level 4 as OKW. Doesn’t seem that easy.

If the axis are constantly rolling out medium tank 8 minutes in for him I doubt any faction is terribly easy for him. That's the kinda of player that easy bots were made specifically for
21 Jan 2020, 03:29 AM

Allies have more side upgrades for infantry that cost fuel. Unless you skip all of these I would say Allies can get a tank out at a comparable level as Axis.

IF you can get away with skipping these Allies can get a tank out in a comperable time. None of OKW's side techs are necessary you can just skip them. USF you must unlock weapon racks and you must unlock grenades, and you must buy an ambulance. You can't skip any of those before teching to Major or your infantry will be easily out matched by OKW.
21 Jan 2020, 07:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2020, 05:05 AMSerrith

With an average fuel income of 26 per minute(about half the map), it will take a player roughly 7 minutes to save the required fuel to be able to rush out a Flak HQ and upgrade it. This again assumes the okw player doesnt get medics or a light vehicle. And this is not counting build time.

However, that is not how matches get played out. You will not reach that optimum income until around 2 mins in due to cap time, pushing the rush time to about 9 mins and it also doesnt account for territory being cut and resources being denied.

If your opponents are consistently able to get an upgraded flak HQ against you at 8 minutes, then you are getting outplayed. Severely. Period.

It's CODGUY. He's being outplayed literally every game.
21 Jan 2020, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2020, 03:29 AMCODGUY
None of OKW's side techs are necessary you can just skip them.

Yeah sure let me skip the medic upgrade on Battlegroup HQ because healing with expensive medic crates is such a viable tactic.

Let me also skip repair pioneers on the Mech HQ because my starting Sturmpioneer squad can definitely both repair my Luchs/Puma and sweep for mines across the entire map.

Your act is getting old.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS