Login

russian armor

The Cancer That Is Soviet Field HQ

PAGES (7)down
17 Jan 2020, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2020, 12:44 PMSerrith

Stuka is a counter sure, but that's only if you opted for mechanized, and you are investing far far more resources into the counter then the cost of what you are actually countering.

Right. Versus bigger buildings, stuka need 3-5 salvos, depends on how big the building is.
There are buildings, which are longer than then the strike-zone of the stuka is.

So while this building cuts of important parts of some maps, the OKW player invests all his fuel into a stuka only to kill the building after some minutes. Occasional unit hits are only collateral damage.
Meanwhile, there are more FHQs in the area to which the allied players can move, when the 1st one is destroyed.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2020, 12:27 PMKatitof

Inactive for years due to patches, because the methods on how to counter it are unchanged since day 1 it was introduced.

This is just wrong, there were several changes. There were times were you could destroy wooden buildings with 1 salvo of infiltration nades, and stone buildings with 1 stuka salvo. It is no longer possible.

What helped, is an ostheer-teammate with mortar halftrack to set it on fire from safe distance. 251 flamer will not work vs competent players/teams.

You do not play the game and want to explain the people, how easy it is to counter a fhq from good players. I would like to see you in a live stream when u face it and easily destroy it.
17 Jan 2020, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2020, 18:55 PMLoxley

Right. Versus bigger buildings, stuka need 3-5 salvos, depends on how big the building is.
There are buildings, which are longer than then the strike-zone of the stuka is.

So while this building cuts of important parts of some maps, the OKW player invests all his fuel into a stuka only to kill the building after some minutes. Occasional unit hits are only collateral damage.
Meanwhile, there are more FHQs in the area to which the allied players can move, when the 1st one is destroyed.

What I like about this complaint is about how the okw investing all their fuel into a stuka implying they are going to get over run by armour then pivoting to there being a number of back up FHQs at 40 fuel and iirc 300mp a pop meaning even more investment from the enemy in terms of manpower (not counting the bleed from combat in and around the FHQ)

The FHQ is about attrition. Make it so they bleed hard holding it.
17 Jan 2020, 21:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What I like about this complaint is about how the okw investing all their fuel into a stuka implying they are going to get over run by armour then pivoting to there being a number of back up FHQs at 40 fuel and iirc 300mp a pop meaning even more investment from the enemy in terms of manpower (not counting the bleed from combat in and around the FHQ)

The FHQ is about attrition. Make it so they bleed hard holding it.

200mp 25f
18 Jan 2020, 02:10 AM

200mp 25f

Welp... It's cheaper than I remember. Maybe a slight cost increase then. I've been replaying with the wrong cost/performance in mind...
18 Jan 2020, 04:31 AM

Wrong
250mp 40fuel
Its used to be 60fuel, but nerfed down so it can be cut off reinforcement

The other option is the FHQ like Brit one that cost 200mp 25fuel so the doc dont have to rely on urban map

Tested the built FHQ. It works like Ost double bunker Reinforce & Medic combined.
200mp 25fuel vs 300mp 120ammo. Soviet FHQ can take 4 tank rounds and also can be harmed by small arm. Double bunker are tougher
18 Jan 2020, 05:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Wrong
250mp 40fuel

The other option is the FHQ like Brit one that cost 200mp 25fuel so the doc dont have to rely on urban map

Tested the built FHQ. It works like Ost double bunker Reinforce & Medic combined.
200mp 25fuel vs 300mp 120ammo. Soviet FHQ can take 4 tank rounds and also can be harmed by small arm. Double bunker are tougher

Correct i listed the Field camp not the FHQ. Which can still use the aura. MB.
18 Jan 2020, 06:58 AM

you guys forget that WM has satchels now and you can just "crush" the walls of a building to take it down.

also FHQ has no retreat so you can just supress the units and rout soviet off the map. You guys really need to get gud.
18 Jan 2020, 07:46 AM

Crush concrete walls with kubel and try to pin (refreshing) maxims with mg34, niiiice pro tips.
18 Jan 2020, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2020, 06:58 AMzerocoh
you guys forget that WM has satchels now and you can just "crush" the walls of a building to take it down.

also FHQ has no retreat so you can just supress the units and rout soviet off the map. You guys really need to get gud.

Since when does Ostheer have satchels? And the only units that are going to crush the walls a building are tanks. So you need to wait until medium tanks to counter an ability that hits at 1cp?

I'm sorry but you just come off as someone who has never faced a decent opponent using this commander ability.
18 Jan 2020, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

What he means is the one single commander on OST that allows you to upgrade pioneers with a support package and then they can throw satchels afaik
18 Jan 2020, 10:41 AM

What he means is the one single commander on OST that allows you to upgrade pioneers with a support package and then they can throw satchels afaik

Ah you mean the pioneer upgrade from strategic reserve.

Well I honestly don't think having to hold a specific commander for one specific ability in your loadout just in case your opponent has included a specific commander in their loadout then happens to select that specific commander and uses a specific ability from that specific commander is reasonable. But that's just me.
18 Jan 2020, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2020, 10:41 AMSerrith

Ah you mean the pioneer upgrade from strategic reserve.

Well I honestly don't think having to hold a specific commander for one specific ability in your loadout just in case your opponent has included a specific commander in their loadout then happens to select that specific commander and uses a specific ability from that specific commander is reasonable. But that's just me.

I fully agree with you, just wanted to clear things up
18 Jan 2020, 11:40 AM

I fully agree with you, just wanted to clear things up

No problem, I was just too lazy to multiquote and properly direct that response.
18 Jan 2020, 12:36 PM

Wrong
250mp 40fuel

OK yea that's about what I thought initially. That's not unreasonable for what you get.

Could the convert building portion just be delayed a cp or 2 to build time to fight over the heavy garrisons and deplete them a bit? Let the little one be used as now but the converting be later
19 Jan 2020, 02:47 AM

Field HQ is one of the biggest balance problems in team games at the moment I really hope this ludicrous ability is looked at properly sooner rather than later..
19 Jan 2020, 04:49 AM

Field HQ is one of the biggest balance problems in team games at the moment I really hope this ludicrous ability is looked at properly sooner rather than later..

I agree there are some problems with it but your statement is just hyperbole.
19 Jan 2020, 05:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2020, 04:49 AMSerrith

I agree there are some problems with it but your statement is just hyperbole.

Hyperbole on this forum? Nonsense i say!
19 Jan 2020, 09:34 AM

Place medic bunker and command bunker.

There, you just made your own field HQ with all benefits of soviet one, except you can repair it, place it anywhere and it doesn't have that short duration aura.
19 Jan 2020, 16:21 PM

Permanently Banned
why r my comments being removed>?
the forward HQ is utterly garbage!
It needs a freaking buff not a nerf. OP needs to learn to play
19 Jan 2020, 17:51 PM

Field HQ is fine, the fuel costs puts you so much behind tech wise, it is a huge gamble to go with it in the first place.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS