Login

russian armor

Tommy Combat Cover Bonus Doesn't Apply Combat Bonuses?

4 Jan 2020, 13:58 PM

I was looking through the Attribute editor on the official mod builder and I noticed that the Tommy cover combat bonus(attributes\abilities\british\always_on_ability\tommy_cover_combat_bonus) does not include any combat modifiers under the action_list. There were no received accuracy bonuses or weapon fire rate bonuses.

Is this a misunderstanding on my part or is it an actual problem in the live game?

Further details:
As far as I can tell the cover bonus only includes modifiers for the sight bonus granted by Vet 1. I also compared this to the Advanced_Cover_Combat doctrinal ability: the Advanced cover ability does include weapon cooldown and reload modifiers under the action_list as I expected.

I did some testing using the cheat command mod as well. The results of Tommy vs Volks in no cover and heavy cover duels yielded almost identical results (RNG considered), implying no cover bonus being applied.

Can anyone confirm or disprove this?
I do hope that I haven't cried wolf XD Would be embarrassing.
4 Jan 2020, 23:11 PM

IIRC the bonuses are applied in a squad_action_apply section inside the squad sbps, not by the passive ability.

Furthermore I'm pretty sure the base 'bonus' provided by cover is actually more a system of an out of cover penalty that is removed once the squad is actually in cover, but it has been a while since I checked.
5 Jan 2020, 19:42 PM

Mazianni is correct- the "bonus" is actually a 20% cooldown and 40% reload penalty. It makes a bigger difference with Brens, since bolt-action rifles don't have that much cooldown. Instead, they have a "wind down" that can't be improved.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★