Login

russian armor

I finally figured what the g43 upgrade is good for!

2 Jan 2020, 09:04 AM

2 Jan 2020, 09:18 AM

That's the briefest "I have no idea what I'm doing" post I've seen, more should take example of it and write just as much in balance section.
2 Jan 2020, 11:50 AM

2 Jan 2020, 12:04 PM

Imagine thinking G43s are bad lmao
2 Jan 2020, 13:58 PM

Imo G43s are one of the best doctrinal abilities in the game.

- Your Grens get a dps buff on the move (different to the MG42)

- You safe 15 ammo per squad and per upgrade. That is decent considering upgrading your Grens is a necessity and you purchase the upgrade a lot.

- They do not drop (though this is arguably also a disadvantage).
2 Jan 2020, 14:23 PM

Only shame about them is that they are locked to only 3 doctrines, though more eould make mg 42 needless. Wonder why 1 of them is always in my commander selection.
2 Jan 2020, 14:53 PM

Wow....
OK, on PG's/Stormies at vet3 it's like 3 bars only around range(10-15) it's around 10-25% stronger. So how you don't find how they'r useful is ahh... unfortunate.
2 Jan 2020, 15:04 PM

Lightning War!

G43 grenadiers, Fast Running, Tiger I, Stuka AT support.
2 Jan 2020, 17:43 PM

Lightning War!

G43 grenadiers, Fast Running, Tiger I, Stuka AT support.
nah Jaeger infantry is better. Every single one of those abilities are useful.
2 Jan 2020, 17:52 PM

G43s are bad, lol.

You need help.
2 Jan 2020, 17:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sometimes i feel that every day i live in April 1st.
2 Jan 2020, 17:59 PM

I mean, maybe he means Panzergrenadiers one ?
2 Jan 2020, 18:06 PM

I mean, maybe he means Panzergrenadiers one ?

To make it clear:
I'm not saying Pgren g43 are bad now, just that they were left useless for a while so maybe he thinks they still are.
3 Jan 2020, 08:37 AM

I think you guys might possibly be afflicted mentally.
I was rank 120 with ostheer, I got bored so I decided to incorporate grens+g43 strats and now I'm losing endlessly.

"hurrr maybe its cuz u need to L2P?"
Whatever you think, try to consider this.

My thoughts so far on them:

-Grenadiers are trash
-MG42 is too fragile (and lose one = lose game)
-Panzer 4 is mildly effective
-Most of these new dogshit maps they shove up our butt offer the worst play for AT gun placement, yet, it's the only choice you have against heavy tanks because: STUGS ARE UTTERLY BAD
-You will get butt fucked by zis guns barrage faster than you can hit that retreat/backtrack button.

As Ostheer, getting a Tiger takes so much time, go figure why, then you wonder why OKW was the first pick in GCS.
Ask yourself, why whenever you watch footage of top players, they are now using osttruppens(best way to try an early baselock) or ass grens?

Let me ask you this: Why would you trade a g43 over a lmg? I don't get it.
Do you never see that in green cover the lmg will win the engagement even when your unit is the one closing in?

Oh! great! g43 can fire on the move, so what? It's going to counter shocks? You're going to fight on par against cons and riflemen in close combat?
None of this will happen, cut out the bullshit.

If gren g43s were good you would see them more often.

3 Jan 2020, 08:53 AM

Well, that is the problem of Ostheer being utter trash in this patch, mostly because it has no lategame left. It has nothing to do with G43s though.
3 Jan 2020, 09:19 AM

but it adds to it, the g43 is totally useless.
and besides why does the tiger come so late compared to the OKW version?
Every replay of mine I watch, I come to the same conclusion: Grens are bad and can only function if you give them 5th man upgrade.

I would bet this had a lot to do with tournament picks.
3 Jan 2020, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2020, 08:37 AMCresc
I think you guys might possibly be afflicted mentally.
I was rank 120 with ostheer, I got bored so I decided to incorporate grens+g43 strats and now I'm losing endlessly.

"hurrr maybe its cuz u need to L2P?"
Whatever you think, try to consider this.

My thoughts so far on them:

-Grenadiers are trash
-MG42 is too fragile (and lose one = lose game)
-Panzer 4 is mildly effective
-Most of these new dogshit maps they shove up our butt offer the worst play for AT gun placement, yet, it's the only choice you have against heavy tanks because: STUGS ARE UTTERLY BAD
-You will get butt fucked by zis guns barrage faster than you can hit that retreat/backtrack button.

As Ostheer, getting a Tiger takes so much time, go figure why, then you wonder why OKW was the first pick in GCS.
Ask yourself, why whenever you watch footage of top players, they are now using osttruppens(best way to try an early baselock) or ass grens?

Let me ask you this: Why would you trade a g43 over a lmg? I don't get it.
Do you never see that in green cover the lmg will win the engagement even when your unit is the one closing in?

Oh! great! g43 can fire on the move, so what? It's going to counter shocks? You're going to fight on par against cons and riflemen in close combat?
None of this will happen, cut out the bullshit.

If gren g43s were good you would see them more often.

you know that even wiht g43s grens are designed to have support weapons to help them? Gren spam with g43 does not compensate their shortcomings
3 Jan 2020, 11:50 AM

you know that even wiht g43s grens are designed to have support weapons to help them? Gren spam with g43 does not compensate their shortcomings

It's true, as any other infantry.
Still the g43 doesn't do enough damage.
or else we can just admit that once you upgrade to g43, you are turning your gren into a support unit.
3 Jan 2020, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2020, 11:50 AMCresc

It's true, as any other infantry.
Still the g43 doesn't do enough damage.
or else we can just admit that once you upgrade to g43, you are turning your gren into a support unit.

Which other infantry?

There is no other 240mp infantry that can get by without support, you can delay that support for couple of minutes, but they still need it.

The only other faction with instant from get go access to HMG has a thread going on about having their infantry being too weak.

Doctrinal upgrades are supplemental to factions playstyle, they don't allow you to ignore it completely.

Grens are meant to work with snipers or HMGs, if you don't build them together, its not weapon upgrades fault here, its you not using your factions strengths due to some delusion about doctrinal upgrade.

And if you want to play like soviets, you should play soviets.
3 Jan 2020, 13:31 PM

This doesn't work. All german support-weapons are too easy to kill by passive fire and direct fire, even in green cover. You need more micro than any other fraction and for that you get little better stats, doesn't care.

e.g.
- PaK40 gets a good Vet1 ability, but same stats as british pounder. But it faces way more passive fire than germans can use (multible leIG18 or mortars arn't a real scenario, and lategame doesn't offer alternatives) and Allii tanks are faster.

- HMG has same problems as PaK40, for more suppression it is so slow to move etc. you will lose it. But versus Germans it is way more potent -> gg.

- G43 arn't bad, but they are bad as commander ability. If they were a normal upgrade + the option for LMG42 it would be good, to get bouth with T4. Beside, Grens are in a bad spot at all. Fix: the shock-nade should become a non-doc ability for Grens, so they can deal the massive blobbing of early game and can support the flanks of their support-weapons. (the commander ability could become something other useless trash).

etc.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 33
Germany 5
unknown 4
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W